Weekly Thread Sept 11th - 17th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'll jump on too! I'm I think 7 weeks pregnant with #3, I have a 3 year old and a 15 month old. I don't feel ready at all for this third one, but I don't want them far apart, I want to have htem close together and move onto the next stage, so I'm taking a leap of faith here!

Debstmomy - I have to give you a shout out! I remember you from the May 2005 DDC - we were overdue together. I was so sorry to hear about Alexa, especially from another overdue momma. Congratulations on this pregnancy!

I think I'm going to flub my dates a little with this one and say my LMP was 7/30 (thought it was 7/23), so that I have a little leeway since it will be a c/s (just not up for a VBA2C and the chances it would happen are remote anyway) and mine always go 2 weeks overdue. I'm going to push for a 41 week c/section and settle for a 40 week one knowing that it will really be 41 weeks - that's my plan anyway!

Mightymoo - Mom to DD (6) and DS (4)
#32 of 54 Old 09-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Hello , I am bouncing back and forth from the April ddc and this one. I am due late April. I think the baby will come them BUT you never know

I am 8 weeks either today or yesterday. I say today since I concieved on a Friday (silly, I know). I have one son who is 16 mos old. I am very excited to give him a sibling. I don't have any and as I got older it got lonlier especially in middle and high school.

I am in college and I will graduate in May '08. I would be graduating in May '07 but I got behind when ds was born - he is SOOOOOOO worth it though

Debstmomy - It's good to see you woman !!!!!
#33 of 54 Old 09-15-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

This is so cool for me. I was in the Sept 05 ddc, but I remember keeping tabs on earlier ddc's, so I know who some of you are already. Or at least I recognize your names.

Nak- Allissa is doing her aerobic nursing right now. She is standing on one of my ankles with her other leg over my thigh and holding on to 1 finger for balance. That takes talent!

I am solooking forward to the weekend! Even though we have alot of things to get accomplished, it will still be nice to have dh home. I am hoping that Harley is feeling well enough for us to visit the IL's this weekend. That will help make Saturday go more smoothly for me at least. *sigh* I am off to chase my girls now. More later.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#34 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

I am Heidi mom to 4 boys ages 15, 14, 8 & 7 with #5 due May 13, 2007. I have been married to my best friend for 17 years.

I work full time as a paralegal. This is my first time with a pregnancy that I have a job that I am sitting on my butt for 7 ½ hours a day. I find myself getting real sore. I try to move every half hour or so.

We have not told our kids yet. I joke around and say we will not tell the oldest two until maybe September or so. I doubt they would even notice a baby in the house. They are teenage boys they do not notice most things.

Heidi
#35 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 03:57 AM

Hi everyone. My names Tawny. I have to DD's Alex DD1 is 14 and HarleighDD2 is 8 months. I am due mid may. I took 3 HPT and they were all +. This last time the pg line turned blue before it even got to the second box
I am a SAHM. We are hopefully moving to WA state soon. We likve in AK now and I really don't like the cold.
#36 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 04:01 AM

Hey, Tawnykat, we live in WA. Where abouts do you plan on moving?
#37 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 08:12 AM

Hi Tawny,

I am from Washington state too. Where are you moving to? Its a big change. My best friend lives in Mountain Home AK and I have another friend who is moving here next month from AK. She lives on the AK/TN border.

Heidi
#38 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 08:35 AM

Hi Group
Here is my birth story with my first daughter: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=Darlene
and the photos: www.midwifemama.com/darlene
and Daphne's birth story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=Darlene

Debtsmommy, you are referenced in Daphne's birth story though not obviously. My heart went out to you, and I cried so much over your blog entries. I want to tell you that it is an honor to be in the same due date club as you, and I hope for all of us to have happy, healthy babies..

Ok so now to me :heart
I am doing well. Sick from about 6pm to midnight every night. I am eating like crap when I do eat, but I can't help it.
Definetly looking pregnant already.
#39 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 11:54 AM

Wow so many Mama's acknowleding my dd Alexa, it warms my heart. It is so wierd to be here, sort of. What I mean is; I am on the same time line as when I was pregnant with her & now some of you are joining me. Breathe deep. Cause see, time has really stood still for me, and you all have move forward. & please remember...it is hard. Anyway I will not turn this into a boo hoo, woah is me post. Thanks for remembering me & my baby, I feel honored.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#40 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 02:21 PM

Okay, I guess its my turn...don't know how I missed this all week!

My name is Jill, I am 29. My dh is 28. We are expecting our fifth baby in late April/early May. So I'm part of April's ddc, too. Our oldest son will be 9 in November, my daughter is 7, next son is 4, and the baby will be 2 in November. The baby will be the same exact age as my 4yo was when he was born - 2.5. I liked that age distance for them, so I'm hoping it works this time, too.

We are planning a homebirth with the same midwife we used for our last birth - although, I went so fast, she didn't make it and I had a surprise UC! This time,we are prepared for UC, knowing very well it could happen again. But if my midwife makes it, I'll be just as happy with that, too. Especially since she agreed she would be the only one that comes. I'm not real big on the whole assistant and apprentice idea. We also plan on having the same photographer there as well. I loved having her there so I could just be in the moment and know she was getting it in pictures! Other than that, it'll just be my dh and the kids. I'm hoping we remember to video tape everything, we forgot last time! I'll probably set it up on the tripod when I set out the birth pool and stuff. If someone sees it out, it might trigger the thought to press record! LOL

I am upset that I am starting out at pretty much my weight of delivery with all the other kids, since I haven't lost more than 5 pounds since my last baby. But I'm trying to let that go...I'm going to eat what my body needs and trust I will eventually get back to the size I am most comfortable with.

Other than that, I don't really have any issues to work through (my last birth was very healing for me, although I still have guilt for my three hospital born babies because even though I got another chance, they only get to be born once ). So I am really planning on sitting back and enjoying this pregnancy for what it is.

Well, this got much longer than I expected...

Debstmomy, I just wanted to tell you that I also remembered the story of your sweet baby's birth. It touched my heart and I thought of you all, I'm so glad to be going through this pregnancy with you. Hugs!
#41 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 03:33 PM

Hello all,
My name is Misha (28) and I have been married to DH Joe (22) since July 2006. We are expecting our first baby May 21st 2007 and we couldnt be happier!!!
We live in London Ontario with all of our hon-human children. We have 2 dogs, Winston and Lakota, 2 cats, Mocha and Mau and about 29 fish but I wont list all of their names, LOL.
I am going to be a stay at home momma and my hobby is raising and breeding Betta (aka Siamese Fighting Fish).
I hope to get to know all of you well and support everyone who needs it .... I think I might need support as well, LOL
Blessings
Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#42 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 04:08 PM

I'm doing good today. I like this thread idea. Feeling a bit tired today and heavy in the gut. Hoping for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy/happy baby. I pray on those two things daily. It seemed to work for my son! ) Best wishes for a great weekend for everyone. May you have fun with your kids and get some housework done or accept what is!
#43 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 PM

I need to whine!

I'm feeling pretty crummy right now. I am so uncomfortably constipated and full of gas. I'm miserable. I went to the store today and bought Colace and some fiber pills. Now I think the fiber made me more gassy, so I took some Gas-x. I still feel crappy (pardon the pun ) I haven't been sleeping well at night so I've been napping during the day...which doesn't help me sleep well at night. GRRR. My heartburn is just lovely as well. At least I'm not throwing up, right? I don't remember it being this bad the last 2 pregnancies. Hormones are fun.

On the bright side? I am so excited to be pregnant. I don't like the first trimester so much, but after this its all great! Now I just need to fast-forward about 7 weeks I bought preemie prefolds, and I already washed them a few times. I better slow down or I'll run out of things to do pretty soon.
#44 of 54 Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 PM

Pukey, pukey, pukey...yuck. I'll be glad when this "morning" (ahem...ALL DAY and NIGHT) sickness is done. I don't remember being sick all day with my first baby. Blech. Anyway, I am really excited about being a mom to TWO! I don't think it has hit me yet.
#45 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 12:05 AM

First time mama question -
When do you usually start "collecting" baby stuff. I know this may sound like an odd question but I really dont know since this is my first go and we have nothing yet.
BE

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#46 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Mama to 14 month old twins Ava and Cullen. This pregnancy is a complete shock to us and we're still trying to adjust. I think it might be okay since after twins a single baby might seem easy! (and we're praying this is a singleton!!)
I'm a SAHM and love it. We live in rural MN right now, but are anticipating a move/job change in the near future. The simple country life is nice but I would love to be a little closer to the action. Besides my husband's job, we keep honeybees. Thats a little about us!
#47 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Hi all. I took my test yesterday morn...however, I haven't told hubby yet, I"m trying to think of a creative way to do it.

I'm Yolanda. I'll be 31 in January. My hubby and I live in OH (orginally from Northern MI) with our two boys who are 8 and almost 14 months. My 8 year old has autism but is doing super good in the 2nd grade. We almost didn't have our second son, but decided to just do it. It took me just over a year to conceive him and this baby, well, it's a surprise! I wanted to have at least one more but in another year! I am very happy that this one and my #2son will be close in age!

We also have two dogs, black lab and rat terrier (86 and 11 pounds!).

To the PP - I suggest not purchasing any baby supplies until your into your 2nd trimester, just in case something happens and your not left with the unhappy task of storing it or giving it away.
#48 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Yolanda! It is nice to have you here with us. My 7 year old has autism also and is thriving in his 2nd year of kindergarden. Oh, gotta run, kids calling. I will post more later.

#49 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth
First time mama question -
When do you usually start "collecting" baby stuff. I know this may sound like an odd question but I really dont know since this is my first go and we have nothing yet.
BE
I am not a first time mamma, I am expecting number 5, but there will be 8 years between my youngest and this baby, so we have nothing for this new baby. I have already started buying baby stuff. I am really frugal so I will buy things on clearance or at garage sells etc to get the best deal.

Heidi
#50 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 10:05 PM

Hi, I'm Rachel and I'm 33. I've been married to my sweetie for about 3 weeks & we discovered on Friday that we're expecting. Guess my body took my "no babies until we're married" wishes literally; I think I ovulated on our wedding day.

We're really excited, but I'm scared to care too much, since we're so early in the game. I'm exhausted all the time & today my breasts hurt so much that I cringed every time DH hugged me.
#51 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Rachel! How neat to have gotten pregnant on your wedding. I look forward to getting to know you.

#52 of 54 Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 PM

We waited until I was about 5 months to really buy anything.

Rachel - What is your wedding date? Dh and I got married 8/27/06.
#53 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 12:12 AM

I am probably the only loco superstitious Mama here & will not buy one thing, nothing nada until I have a healthy baby in my arms. In fact, my BF & Dh will go buy a car seat while I am in hosptial.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#54 of 54 Old 09-18-2006, 01:41 AM

Hi! I'm Alice and Enrico is my DH. We live in Western Massachusetts.
We were married in December 2002. We have three doggies that our lives have revolved around for the last several years. But, I guess that will be changing to some degree in the spring. Our dogs have experience with having other babies/children around so I'm optimistic about them being all right with the new addition. I am planning to see a midwife for prenatal care but not have her attend the delivery. I am planning on it just being myself and DH for the birthing, but will probably have my mother there to help with the dogs, cooking, etc. I work with adults with special needs in an Anthroposophical Lifesharing community and DH is a carpenter/licensed GC.
I am in Houston for the next two months caring for my father as he recovers from a stem cell infusion (like a bone marrow transplant) to hopefully cure his chronic lymphatic leukemia. He is doing really great but I miss my husband very much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page