Weekly Thread Sept 11th - 17th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, since there was some interest in a weekly thread, I thought I would start the first one so we can give it a shot. For those of you who have never done a weekly thread, basically here is where you talk about whatever. No real rules or anything, just a place to be able to talk without having 25 threads to follow.

How was everyones weekend? Mine was pretty good. On Saturday my dd1 turned 4 and we had a party for all 3 kids, since they have/will all advance in age in the next month. We had two cakes and lots of presents. Not to mention good tacos and good company. I finally got to see the youngest member of the family. She is 5 months old and a real doll!

My house needs to be cleaned something awful. I hate the way it looks and can't stand to see it like this but have next to no motivation to do anything about it. Anyone elses look like a tornado went through?

Ok, I will cut this short for now, my children require my attention.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 PM

Ok I will be #2! I will give a slight intro.

A little about me. I have been married 15 years this fall. I have a 12 yr old dd & an almost 9 year old ds. My last baby is Alexa, and sadly she was SB at 42 weeks, in 6/05.
When I found out I was pg with her, I put everything on hold. I was about to start nursing school, but I quit & had the most amazing pregnancy ever. It was wonderful. Then she passed away, quietly as I slept, and my life has not been the same.
I have learned many things. I work really hard not to judge others choices and to not to live in the past or the future, but to really be in the moment.

My moment right now is I am pg again. I am happy & excited & so is my family. I am back in school, as hard as it is, I am trying to enjoy it. I also currently work at our local birth center. I really like my job & feel it is the right place to be. I am a LLL leader, on reserve right now, perhaps I will go back some day. I am also a LE & again, I am sure I will use my skills some day.
Ok nuff about me, whos next???????????

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 09-12-2006, 01:17 AM

Me, I'll be next.

First, Cristina, I remember when you lost Alexa. I remember reading your story and crying for you. I'm glad to be in this due date club with you.

Goldiemom, yes my house needs needs to be cleaned too. I have no motivation whatsoever to do it though. I got some money for my birthday and I'm thinking of using it to hire someone to clean a few times. The party sounds like fun!

Okay, so I'll do a little intro too. I'm Chrissy, just turned 32 on Saturday. I've been married to Brian for almost 6 years (9/23 is our anniversary). We have Noah who will be 5 on 11/14 and Lilah who will be 2 on 10/1. I have had 2 miscarriages this year, one at 8.5 weeks back in March and the second at 4.5 weeks or so in July.

Um, let's see. I love to knit and teach knitting at a local yarn shop one evening a week. I used to be a lawyer before I had kids. I was an assistant public defender in juvenile court and I both loved it and hated it. I doubt I'll ever practice law again. Yeah, I guess that's me.

I'm so very glad to be here and I am really looking forward to spending these next 9 months getting to know all you ladies.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 09-12-2006, 01:56 AM

I'm Kristi. Dh and I are expecting our first in late April/early May. I'm kinda lurking around in both month's groups... I hope that's cool!

Dh and I have been married since July of 2005 and ttcd for 9 months. It felt like an eternity. I'm so happy to finally be pg!

I work at a group home for boys and as a substitute teacher. I'm hoping to keep working as long as I can (since finances are not good). DH and I are Messianic, which is a very big part of our life. I love knitting (I'm working on a baby blanket!), surfing the net, traveling and art.

Glad to meet everyone!

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 09-12-2006, 03:41 AM

I'm Melissa and we're expecting our second child in mid-May. DH and I have been married 10 years. I'll be 31 in December.

We thought we were done but then changed our minds. Our family is pleasantly surprised that we are expecting again.

My housekeeping and cooking skills have been going downhill for a while now. I feel a little more inspired to cook and clean lately, for some reason. I love doing both but the heat and busy days have been killing my motivation.

Our dd will be 4 next month. She's a water loving kid who never ceases to amaze and humor me. She's going to be thrilled to have a sibling.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:21 AM

I'm Janice, age 31, married to Hakan for 10 yrs last month, my DD was born 5/2004, this one is due 3 days after DD's b-day. This is our second 1st try conception, so I have learned that for me birth control is very important!

This week has been uneventful, I finally got the house cleaned up yesterday, then playgroup came over and there is sand everywhere! And play-doh. We have a stench in our basement that won't quit, and I am so lucky that it isn't making me queasy because if it did I would be living in a hotel right now!

I went to book club last night (the discussion was the Jane Fonda bio), and I asked for the glass of white wine that I always have. And I drank 1/2 of it before I realized I shouldn't. The exact thing happened to me last prego! But w/ all the food I ate, the alcohol got soaked right up!

My pants are getting a little tight already, so I have already broken out the 'kinda prego/chubby' pants, i'm glad they are getting some use! I told my DD that we will have a baby soon, but she can't figure out where it is coming from. Daddy? Mommy? In the mailbox? She talks about 'my baby sister' a lot.

Well, the week isn't over, you never know what else will come along!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:26 AM

My name is Julie and we are expecting blessing #6 I have a 9 yr old named Arianna, 6 yr old named Brad, 4 yr old named Sami, 3 yr old named Calem, and a 2 yr old named Mase! They are my pride and joy. They cannot wait to meet their little bro/sis! My 4 yr old said to me when I told her I was growing a baby. She said "Good, I hope its a girl one"...LOL!

This has been an uneventful week so far, I am trying to catch up on some laundry as my washer just got fixed yest so I have a ton of laundry to do, I hate laundry...LOL!

Have a good day!!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:31 AM

Hi ladies. This will be baby # 3 for us. I am 32 and DH is 42, so I believe this will be my last pregnancy. Our DD is 6, and DS is 12 months. DD has been nagging for another baby for quite some time now, but I am holding off telling her as we are so early in the pregnancy.
I am a graduate student, and DH works in retail. When I was preg with my son I hired a cleaning service twice to come in and do the major stuff.(wash floors, dust, clean bathroom). It was worth EVERY penny! I am finding cooking difficult lately as the look and smell of raw meat/chicken/fish is grossing me out. (We've been eating alot of take-out while DH is at work )

I hope everyone is well. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Lola
Old 09-12-2006, 12:24 PM

I am so glad we are doing weekly threads...much easier for me to follow along.

Lets see... I am Kim and I just turned 28 this past Sun. I am married to my best friend Thaddeus (33) and we have 4 adorable little boys: Collin is 5, Aidan--4, Sammy--3, and Quinn will be 2 next month. We are currenlty living in VA while dh attends law school...never pictured us here 5 years ago, but God is full of surprises.

Keeping up with the house and cooking hasn't been to challenging yet. I am thankful dh is laid back about it all. I am trying to excercise regularly during this pg as my back and stomach muscles were quite weak after carrying 4 babies close together. They are much stronger now and I am hoping to keep it that way. I just can't wear out yet, ya know?

Looking forward to chatting with y'all!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:42 PM

Kristi, we are close. Do you attend LLL in riverside or Redlands???? off to work, will post more later.

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM

Kimberly,
Where is your dh in law school? My dh and I both went to Washington and Lee in Lexington, VA.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, since everyone else has done a bit of an intro of themselves, I will do the same. My name is Leanne, but everyone has called me Goldie for eons. I am 26 but will be 27 in 2 weeks. This is baby #4 for us. I have an almost 7 y/o autistic son Adam (his b-day is 6 days after mine). I have a 4 y/o daughter Harley, and a 1 y/o daughter Allissa. Dh and I are openly hoping for a boy this time, but we will be happy with another little girl. This pg was quite a shock for the both of us. Seriously I thought I only ovulated in Dec or Jan every 3 years! I am extremely happy about this baby coming when it is though. The spring time last year was very sad in this house with the deaths of both my Grandfathers within 2 months of each other, so this baby will help to make Spring happy again for everyone in the family. Umm... dh and I have been married for 4 years. I am a WAHM I make diapers and covers as well as sell the supplies. I have only been at this a little while, but I am extremely picky about the things that I sell, so I am hoping that others like my stuff. As we get farther along in our pg's I will be offering special sales and discounts to the ddc, so stay tuned for that. I guess that is a good enough intro.

Now, can anyone explain to me the logic behind Early Release days at school? Today is one such day, and I can't get my head around it. They have only been in school for 4 days. Yet we must send them home early. So now to figure out what to do on a rainy afternoon. Maybe we can go and get some errands done before dh comes home. More later.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy
Kristi, we are close. Do you attend LLL in riverside or Redlands???? off to work, will post more later.
I haven't gone to a LLL meeting yet. I want to, but since this is my first and I don't even look pg yet, I thought I might look like a weirdo sitting there... Do many women attend who aren't yet nursing? I'm definately all for Bfing, so I know I'll be active once I start up.

Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Hi, mamas! My name is Lindsey, I'll be 24 in October. I'm a sahm to Gabriel who will be 3 in November, and Sophia who just turned 1. We're expecting blessing #3 May 20th. I finally graduated from college with my teaching degree and got my wish to become a SAHM!! My DH is a self-employed masonry contractor. We budget a lot and don't have a lot of money for "extra" things most months.

We currently live in a teeny tiny mobile home that has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The kids room is 9x12 and there isn't much room for another one. So, when the baby gets big enough to move out of our room...I don't know what we'll do! Something always works out for the best, so I'll just keep the faith.

I've had to wonderful, ncb's in the hospital and am praying for a homebirth this time!

I can't wait to get to know you all!!

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 PM

Hi, I'm D.
I usually just lurk on this board but I want to participate this time. A little bit about myself. I have a daughter, hannah who is 3.5 years old and a son, Eli, who is 1.5 years old. The new baby will be born sometime in mid-May. I am a professor of geology and my husband, Jeff, is a SAHD. He is great but sometimes I'm a bit jealous.

I'm looking forward to growing this baby and feeling the baby move. I thought Eli would be my last but Jeff and I decided to have another. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

D.

D. proud Mom of H. E. M. and T. always remembering Norah (11/07 at 40 wks) and (10/06) see profile
Old 09-12-2006, 06:07 PM

Hi all!

I'm Jessica. I'm 29 and have one daughter, Evelyn, 19 months and still nursing. I'm a programmer during the day. My MIL lives with us and watches Evelyn. She is a saint, the best MIL in the whole world.

Evelyn was a homebirth transfer, so we're hoping for a real homebirth with this next one. Lay midwifery is illegal in Missouri and the whole birthing climate in St. Louis stinks. But we're working on changing that!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Well, just posted this in the roll coll thread too. I just got a positive HPT this morn. My name is Shannon and this is number 2, ds is 18 months tomorrow. We had just decided to ttc next month, so we're a bit surprised. That happened with ds too, as soon as we decided, preggo. Ds is still nursing lots and I hope to tandem. Can't wait to see our awesome midwife again and look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Hi!

I'm Jesse. I'm a SAHMama to 3 babes. #4 will be joining us sometime mid-may. So far I haven't felt pregnant at all and quite frankly am still a bit : from the shock of it! I'd like to have a homebirth this time and maybe even go for a UC. My first was at a free standing birth center, 2nd ncb at a hospital and my 3rd was my worst hospital birth, so I don't want to repeat that experience. I look forward to getting to know all of you more!!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
Old 09-12-2006, 06:17 PM

Oh yeah, I guess I'm due mid-May (around the 20th?).
Old 09-12-2006, 10:51 PM

I don't know when I'm due exactly... My evil EDD is the very en of April, but since this is my first, I'm added a few days to the equation. We'll have to wait and see!

Kristi

Old 09-12-2006, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

You are welcome to be here with us. Congrats on the first baby too. I loved being pg with my first and getting to experience everything for the first time.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy
Kimberly,
Where is your dh in law school? My dh and I both went to Washington and Lee in Lexington, VA.
He goes to Regent University. He was accepted into higher ranked schools, but this fit our family the best. Are both you and your dh practicing law right now?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 AM

Hi, I'm Bonnie. I'm 29 and DH Will is 28. We have a 16-month-old boy named Colin who is the light of my life! The baby is due the day after Colin's 2nd b-day.

You can add me to the list of lawyers! I don't practice and have just been a SAHM mom until a couple weeks ago when I started teaching a class one night a week.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 AM

Hi, I'm emiLy. My husband Ryan and I are both 29 and work at home on a web design business we started together while in college. I also have a store (link in my sig). Our daughter will be three in October and is SO much fun.

I got pregnant the first month of trying, and I feel like I could have used a few more months. I am excited to have another kid but I'm finding it hard to be as fun a mom as I want to be when I'm pregnant! I'm super tired and the all-day nausea has set in. Luckily my husband is awesome and is home all day. We usually switch off being with Delia for 4-5 hours at a time while the other works or sleeps.

My mom and mother-in-law paid for housecleaning for me when Delia was born and I have kept cleaning help since then. We have three people, five animals and two businesses, 24-7, in 1300 square feet! So I think of it (or justify it) as necessary. I am currently thinking about finding someone (a homeschooled teenager?) to come and help me with my business a little, play with Delia, and maybe clean up a little too.

I just ordered a cheap exercise machine. I have some exercise videos and have done them on and off, and I have tried gym memberships but neither ones works for me long term. I have been very motivated to keep up exercise in the past when I could do it while either reading or watching TV. So I have high hopes!

We live on the edge of a huge wilderness area in northeastern Minnesota. We spend a lot of time outdoors. We are in the planning stages of building a house, either next summer or maybe now it will turn into summer of 2008.... It'll be off the electrical grid out on some acreage about 25 minutes out of our small town.

I think that's it! Whew!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:41 PM

Emily...Welcome! Where you live sounds wonderful!! My sil & bil live in northern minnesota on one of the many lakes up there...it is beautiful and we love visiting them as often as possible.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:02 PM

Ooo the birth stories are fascinating. Lots of first-birth transfers, and some really fast second-or-more labors!

Emily, isn't that the worst, when they keep messing with you after the birth? I hated that part, and was very whiny the whole time, just like you described.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:21 AM

Yes - it's beautiful here. We love it. We wish family was closer, but hey. The live in big cities, so it's fun to visit. Kind of backwards - we live where people come on vacation.

YES, Jessica! It was SO maddening to be lying there. The nurse was over at the warming table, WHISPERING to my husband asking him if I'd be OK with this or that. You can hear it on the video tape and finally I'm like "What?! What are you doing?!" and she stops doing all the stuff - like the blue stuff on the umbilical cord. So, no eye ointment at least. My husband and I hadn't talked about all this, so he was just in shock looking at this baby holding the oxygen in front of her while the nurse took over. Meanwhile I have this surgeon doctor sticking his finger up my butt to check my tear................ OK, I'll stop before I get really mad!

I'm glad at least that I wrote the birth story when I did, when I was still so happy with it. Before I had time to really think about what had gone down and why things might have started hurting the minute I wasn't in the position I had instinctively chosen... I think at Delia's one month checkup I asked which way she had turned after the head was out, and the doctor said she didn't turn, she just came out. Uhhh. So my doctor had such a tight hold on her head that she just pulled her straight out before she had a chance to turn?! No wonder the 3rd degree tear. And this is a female doctor. With 3 kids.

Today I wore maternity clothes! I only have one pair of regular jeans that isn't too tight right now (that I bought immediately after Delia was born when I was SO sick of my 2 pairs of maternity pants). So I figured I'd rather be comfortable. But I do feel pretty pathetic having to break out the preggo clothes at 6 weeks! LOL
Old 09-14-2006, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

emiLy, I hear you about breaking out the maternity pants at only 6 weeks. Thankfully I have some that look like regular pants, but they have a hire waistline in the front and elastic in the back. I can still wear my regular pants, it just gives me the heebee geebees to do so.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:26 PM

Yeah Emily, reading your birth story, it sounds like an excellent birth experience for a hospital. Mine sounds pretty good when I tell it now; time has had the opposite effect. But there are all those little inconsideratenesses that sure, it doesn't matter much in the big scheme of things, but it matters a lot at the time and it's a VERY important time! Next one, staying at home.

Ooo maternity clothes. I'm only 4 weeks so I'm wearing all my skinny clothes while I can. Last time I was in maternity by 7 weeks. Goldie, now that you mention it, I remember that heebee geebee of pants-a-little-snug-in-the-wrong-place.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiemom
You are welcome to be here with us. Congrats on the first baby too. I loved being pg with my first and getting to experience everything for the first time.
\

Thanks! I'm very excited! It is going to be a wild ride for these next 8 months, but I'm very happy to be on it!

Kristi

User Tag List