Diaper fever yet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 10-09-2006, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With DD, I bought so many diapers saying that this would last us to all our children. Now that I'm pregnant I want more diapers. I will probably end up making a few diapers.
#2 of 37 Old 10-09-2006, 02:40 PM

i have already started!! i got my dozen kissaluvs a week ago!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#3 of 37 Old 10-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Of course we need more diapers! I'm waiting on a custom Muttaqin order. As it gets closer I know I'll go crazy with diapers. We have sooo many in my daughter's current size that I can't justify ordering more except in emergencies. (Emergency: like when she begs to wear sposies because they have elmo on them. Must order elmo cloth.)

Try... to... resist!
#4 of 37 Old 10-09-2006, 06:12 PM

I just TT'd DD and am SO not good with repetitive tasks and even though I run a cloth diapering company I think I'm ECing the next one! Now that I don't have the diapers to wash I realize how much I don't miss them!
#5 of 37 Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 PM

I am so into newborn/small dipes right now. I even bought a few before I got pg. I am going to sell some of DD's that we are not using anymore so that I can buy some fun ones for this baby (esp after I find out whether it's a girl or a boy).
#6 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 AM

Where can you order Elmo cloth dipes?? Having same problem here with dd's Elmo obsession!!
#7 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Yep, already diaper obsessed here too. I must admit that we have resorted to disposables with Lilah right now. It helps not having the diaper laundry to do, but oh my god disposables SMELL horrible.

I got a newborn mutt with the tree of life on the bum last week and i just found out that my el bee number is up!

also i made the cutest little soaker for the new one.

there is nothing cuter than a teeny tiny cloth diaper.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#8 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 12:48 PM

ok, either this 'fever' hasn't hit me yet... or.. or.. y'all are just a little on the crazy side.. I love it. My husband would kill me if I started buying stuff now. haha
#9 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 PM

I just ordered a bunch of BG AIOs in size small, and also got a couple nb mutts and KL0s. Tiny diapers are so much fun!
#10 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 02:45 PM

I already have too many diapers! Right before dd started using the potty I bought a bunch of diapers that I just adore. Then, I stumbled on a fabulous deal (32 mother-ease one size diapers, 12 liners, and 4 AF cover...ALL NEW...for $110 shipped) and I couldn't pass it up. I dyed them all in a rainbow of colors. Since finding out I'm pregnant I have picked up a few diapers here and there. I really need to stop. I have way more than I need!
#11 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM

Since I didn't start cd'ing until my little guy was a year old, I have NO newborn/small stash. I'm trying to wait a WHILE before starting to pull it together, but it's just SO much fun!!! Plus, I love SOS, so because she doesn't stock too often I really should get some whenever I can!

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
#12 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 06:25 PM

Sort of related question. Those of you with CD experience, any idea if that OxyClean ball works for diapers at all?? Since we're going to be doing so much laundry I thought I'd try it but was looking for feedback first. I have lots of time to figure it out!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#13 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 06:43 PM

We just moved into an apt with no washer and dryer!!!! I have a hard enough time keeping up with the dipes now. OMG how am I going to do it with a NB??? Have any of you mama's had to do diaper laundry in a coin machine before? We already spend about $60 a month on laundry. Oh dear, maybe we will have to move... ugh, that would suck

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#14 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
We just moved into an apt with no washer and dryer!!!! I have a hard enough time keeping up with the dipes now. OMG how am I going to do it with a NB??? Have any of you mama's had to do diaper laundry in a coin machine before? We already spend about $60 a month on laundry. Oh dear, maybe we will have to move... ugh, that would suck
when we lived in an apartment we bought one of those portable washers by Haier. I bought mine from Walmart.com If you have the means, get the biggest one you can afford, they work really well. Then you can hang pul covers to dry and tke the rest down to the laundromat to dry. I think we saved at least $50/month by using that machine!
#15 of 37 Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
when we lived in an apartment we bought one of those portable washers by Haier. I bought mine from Walmart.com If you have the means, get the biggest one you can afford, they work really well. Then you can hang pul covers to dry and tke the rest down to the laundromat to dry. I think we saved at least $50/month by using that machine!
I was JUST going to suggest that. If you can spare 9sqft of floorspace in your kitchen you can get a stacking washer/dryer that hooks up to your kitchen sink. Not sure on the cost.
There's also the dishwasher.....

#16 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 12:24 PM

I have been fighting the urge to buy newborn diapers. I sold all of my newborn diapers with Lauren, so I have none left, although I use mostly one size style diapers, so I do have alot that I can use on the baby. I am planning to use pinned organic velour prefolds and a dozen newborn fitteds.

My last three kids have been preterm (hopeing full term with hthis one) so I do get a lot of wear out of the newborn sizes, and they are so darn cute I bought a luxe extra small wool cover, and I already have a beautiful mini wooly wonder soaker that I won in the fluff factory auctions, but other than that I"m starting out fresh
#17 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 01:13 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that my NB stash is almost complete : And I didn't start using cloth until DS was 4 mos so I had to start from scratch. I spent 5 mos TTC so I had a lot of time to compile a stash. I even started one for my younger sister (she's due in Jan). I'm a sucker for those itty bitty diapers, what can I say?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#18 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I was JUST going to suggest that. If you can spare 9sqft of floorspace in your kitchen you can get a stacking washer/dryer that hooks up to your kitchen sink. Not sure on the cost.
There's also the dishwasher.....
Oh, I'd never even heard of those, I'll definitely check it out! Thanks, mama's!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#19 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Crissy! You get a custom El Bee order? OMG. What are you going to get?

Elmo dipes -- I got some good trim AIOs from Sweet Bottom Creek and some fitteds from Noble Bunz.

QuiteLikeRain, I love SOS too (especially for newborn) but they're just so hard to get! Post here if you see her stocking.

OxyClean ball... what is it? I would be suspicious. Generally with cloth diapering you want a simple detergent, NO fabric softener or foo-foo stuff.
#20 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirthInStyle View Post
I am so into newborn/small dipes right now.
yeah, me too! those are the cutest!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#21 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
OxyClean ball... what is it? I would be suspicious. Generally with cloth diapering you want a simple detergent, NO fabric softener or foo-foo stuff.
http://www.oxiclean.com/864122A00pro...SubNav=Laundry
See the link, not sure how to explain if you don't already know!

#22 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Oh, probably not. We often want to do an extra rinse on the diapers, either before or after the load. You'd have to dig the ball out for that. Also, on the diapers you want to use way less detergent than they recommend, and with the ball you wouldn't have control over that.
#23 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM

oooh I am excited to start knitting some soakers. DD never really liked wool but I didn't start until she was over a year, I want to get some super soft wool to make some itty bitty soakers. We started cd'ing dd when she was 3 months or so, we don't have anything in the way of nb dipes. I was thinking kissaluvs and soakers until the new babe grows into the dipes we have.

Can you all break down your nb stash for me? How many and of what do you all have?

Thanks!

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#24 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM

i only have 12 kissaluvs size 0 so far
here is whats on my list that i "need" lol

and i am not sure how many of what i really need so its just what i think might be nice

1 more dozen fitted newborns ( kissaluvs or maybe another if someone shows me something cute LOL)

2 dozen cpf infant size ( they don't cost to much i want them for miconuim poops and then i can use them as spit rags, i really hated useing prefolds with my oldest lol)

12 small fuzzibunz with hemp inserts ( i am scared to buy xs ones since my babys are born at 7lbs but hit 11 lbs by one month)

10 newborn covers bummis snap wraps and proraps and the same in smalls

wipes don't know how many
loved nikky wraps but i don't know if i want to spend the money.

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#25 of 37 Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM

so, from everything i have read it seems like the general consensus is that kissaluvs size 0 are great for newborns? i just have a dozen cpf and one small fuzzibunz and a couple bummis wraps. i didn't start full time cloth diapering with ds until he was about 3 mos. old, so i am not even sure how much i need for a newborn.

i haven't even thought about diapers yet - i've had to much all day sickness - to the point i had to start using disposables with ds - yuck.
#26 of 37 Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
QuiteLikeRain, I love SOS too (especially for newborn) but they're just so hard to get! Post here if you see her stocking.
If you go to her site you can sign up for her stocking updates, tho she often does secret-ninja stockings and doesn't let anyone know

BUT. I'd be happy to post when I catch them (seems like I'm always away from the puter when she stocks...).

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
#27 of 37 Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyOne View Post
so, from everything i have read it seems like the general consensus is that kissaluvs size 0 are great for newborns?
That's my understanding. I'm planning to get 6-12 of both the 0's & 1's, along with some Bummis Super Whisper Wraps and/or some Green Earth covers, along with some wool. I'm also going to grab 6-12 of the new bumGenius bamboo fitteds that I'm hearing great things about (as well as a couple more bg! one-size pockets).

I already have 5 SOS and 1 Muttaqin 3-Step, so I figure maybe a couple xs or s Fb's for when we're out and about and I should be set.

#28 of 37 Old 10-12-2006, 11:52 AM

jessitron, yeah i don't even know when i got the number- it was a loooooong time ago, but what perfect timing, eh?! i think i'm going to get a dozen xs organic cotton fleece outers/organic cotton velour inners, undyed, with doublers and maybe 1 or 2 of her new pull on wool covers. :

ultimateserj, have you used small fuzzi bunz on your other newborns? the reason i ask is because i had a few smalls when lilah was born and she was almost 9 lbs and they were huuuuuuge on her. i ended up buying a few xs/preemie fuzzi bunz on the trading post here and they were perfect. they probably only fit for about a month or so but they fit perfectly. anyway, just my 2c but thought i'd let you know my experience.

i am on a diaper binge or something. i bought a cute little diaper from kindheartedwomen a couple of days ago. really i should buy some soft yarn and get to knitting more itty bitty soakers.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#29 of 37 Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
jessitron, yeah i don't even know when i got the number- it was a loooooong time ago, but what perfect timing, eh?! i think i'm going to get a dozen xs organic cotton fleece outers/organic cotton velour inners, undyed, with doublers and maybe 1 or 2 of her new pull on wool covers. :
I would be so
#30 of 37 Old 10-12-2006, 12:14 PM

I have 18 organic velour newborn prefolds
and a knitted wooly wonder soaker
and a pull on luxe xs cover

I'm planning on buying a dozen newborn size fitteds
and knitting a whole whack of soakers
and maybe a couple of elbee xs wooly bully's

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page