second trimester - BIG hormone changes?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2006, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey all...

this is my first PG so bear with me

my first tri i was SO HAPPY. my moods were great, stable, i was positive and just felt good (emotionally, that is!)

now that i am just in my second tri i feel super PMS'y, angry, violent mood swings, weepy, super sensitive, etc. i got in a huge argument last night with DH AND with my brother. i felt like "no one cares" ugh. i still feel like crap.

is this because the placenta is now working on its own and there is a hormone shift? i know there is some kind of hormone thing happening because that is why people lose their m/s and exhaustion. i just didnt know if it would affect my moods this way.

anyone had this?

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 02:35 PM

No, sorry, I've never heard of this. I've actaully heard the opposite: 2nd trimester = overall better feelings. But, pregnancy is not standard. Everything affects each woman differently. It certainly makes sense what you are saying about the increase in hormones = the increase in mood swings. Give it a little time to adjust and maybe try & do something good for yourself to make yourself feel better, maybe a "date" with DH, buy a new maternity outfit that you look great in, etc.????
Old 11-05-2006, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

thanx mamma!

sigh. who knows? maybe its the stress of knowing i have to go out of town tomorrow for a week for work.............? all i know is my brain is acting freaky.

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 11-06-2006, 12:13 AM

For the most part my moods get better in the 2nd trimester but I still am very emotional (I think that lasts the entire pregnancy). I remember from before the end of the 2nd trimester through the end of the 3rd being much more sensitive and emotional then the rest of the pg.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:50 AM

If you ask my dh my whole pg is one big hormonal mess! From the time we find out to the time the babe is in arms, I guess I am not such an easy person to live with. I am super weepy, PMSy, very short tempered, all to varying degrees at various points while pg. I can't never predict it. I think he is glad that this is our last baby. *sniffle*

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:51 AM

I'm feeling more hormonal these days, too. I've been crying at the drop of a hat. It's sort of ridiculous. And I've been really touchy and react so quickly when I think dh is being snarky. I'm there with you, mama.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 11-06-2006, 02:24 PM

OMG! I have been a bear lately. My dd made me realize when she called me cranky yesterday!!! I think I have lashed out every day this weekend. Whoa...if I think about it, it takes my breath away & makes me want to cry!!!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 11-07-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

aw, thanks y'all!

that makes me feel better, miracle of miracles.....

trying to explain to DH why i feel crappy and what he can do to help me WHILE i am in the midst of a "mood" is so pointless it's like a comedy routine. ("no, i want you to do xyz for me without me having to ASK you to do it, don't you get it? i don't want to ASK for it")

i am in california on bizness and trying to keep those emotions in check, good luck to me

deb

User Tag List