Weekly Thread Nov 6th- 12th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo! How exciting, I now really KNOW what Braxton Hick contraction feel like. How neat! Maybe not neat later, if they start to bug me, but neat right now! Am I weird?

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 09:11 PM

No, not weird. but it's pretty early. If you're getting a lot of them this early, you probably have some nutritional deficiency, or something. I started taking Cal/Mag when I had oodles of them before 20 weeks. last preg.

I may have felt movement this morning, just a little flick. But it's super early, and it could have been organs moving around, so I won't count it. But it is still a nice feeling.
#33 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 PM

Nah, not lots, just right befor I posted that.... maybe once every couple of days. But that was the most distinguishable. My uterus is groooooooowing!

#34 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 11:50 PM

Had my first us this morning. Ive never had one before so it was really neat, except the having to pee so bad it hurt.
We got the date confirmed at May 25th and I am 11w5d along. I thought I was 12 weeks on Tues but I was close anyway.
Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the little bean move was amazing. It makes it so much more real to me now. Before it was just this idea that I was pg now I KNOW there is a tiny person in there because I saw him. The us guy even giggled my belly to get him to move and he was none to impressed about that. We got a good look at his bum, LOL
I got some great pics too.
Im so happy right now. Im even feeling better which is a huge blessing all in itself
Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#35 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 12:17 PM

Jessitron--the interview is in East TN...Greeneville. Its closer to Knoxville than Chattanooga. We would love to see Chattanooga someday. I am really trying to stay balanced about this interview. It would be great if he got it since it gurantees him a job for after school. Plus its in an area that is beautiful and that we would love to live in, but we want to be open to the possibility that maybe this isn't where we are supposed to go after school. Hard balance to maintain. It will be sooooo nice to get out of town for the weekend though!
#36 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
Oh Jenn, cool that you are feeling good. I start prenatal yoga tonight toooo! I'm excited as well. I've been looking forward to this since Evelyn was born.
And thanks for the reminder, I go to chiro tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that too.

I'm excited about the elections today. I hope a lot of incumbents get overturned.
I've been doing a Happy Dance for two days... with reservations yesterday since I was waiting to hear the outcome on Virginia! Pins and needles since it could have made Cheney the swing vote... But now, it's simply Happy Dance time. I'm disappointed in the results of two of our state propositions, but overall: I was pleased with this election...
#37 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 PM

Yay!
Yeah, elections are pretty happy here too. NPR said this morning that European media was like, "Thank you, America."

Still didn't hear the heartbeat this morning. Oh well, it's still early. Plenty of uterine growth and placenta sounds. I'm going to try to move my OB/GYN appt for Monday back, so they don't fail to find it and then want to do an ultrasound.

I hope it works out well, Kimberly. East TN is so pretty. A good state for midwifery, too!

Goldie, how's your son at school today?

Heidi, is Johnny feeling any better? Did he go to the ER the other night?
#38 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Well Jessi, so far so good for ds at school. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way for him. I am thinking that because he was such a different kiddo when getting on the bus this morning that it means he will be fine today.

I however am still getting sick a few times a day. Thankfully it is mostly just in the mornings, but still, very annoying. It was by far worse when I was getting sick at night.

Well, I guess it is time to feed my girls, so I am off for now. Hope that everyone is having a good day.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#39 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 05:22 PM

OT rant and ramble:

So I was taking my last few pre-requisites for the nursing program this semester. I want to be a midwife and figured in CA the easiest way would be to go the nursing route. My DH is very supportive of me becoming a CNM because he knows how much money I will make. Well, for the last few years I've known that I want to be a home-birth midwife and I started taking classes in Oregon for it, but we moved. Now that I've been back in school and taking the nursing classes I've come to the realization that I really don't want to be a nurse. I'm taking Pharmacology right now and it is so hard for me to get into it, because I'm just not interested. Then at my last appt with my mw we were talking about midwifery and she reminded me that she runs a teaching practice. DH wasn't at the appt with me, so he didn't get to hear all she said. So, I've once again decided to drop out of college because my mw told me that she is interested in having me as one of her students. This is exactly what I want. I hadn't told DH yet because he's really been getting on my case about studying lately. I finally told him this morning that I'm dropping the classes and he got really pissed and left for work without saying much to me. He didn't even give me the chance to tell him about my MW and working with her. So, I'm kinda pissed right now, because he's being so pigheaded and all he can think about is money and how he really wants me to make $100grand a year (which is what cnm's make in my area). I am looking forward to getting to talk to him this evening and explaining my situation, but I still think he'll be upset. He just kept saying "you promised you were going to stick with it..." And I did say that, because from what I knew, you could not get licensed as a mw in CA any other way than becoming a cnm. Now that I know I can, I know that that is what I have to do. Ugh, sorry if this isn't coherent. I'm just sort of rambling my frustrations out. If you made it this far, thanks for listening. We'll see how he takes it tonight.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#40 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Eaglevoice.... let me try to be a voice of reason, having had similar troubles with my educational choices. Might I suggest that unless you A. can get all your tuition money back and/or B. think that you are struggling to the point of failing the courses that you are currently taking, that you finish out the semester and THEN start studying under your midwife? This might be a good compromise between your wants and your husband's. Besides, it's not like finishing the term will delay your midwifery too much, and the knowledge gained will be helpful at some point. I'm not sure when your term started/finishes, but if it ends in Dec then stick it out, it is only a few more weeks! You can do it!!!
If it doesn't end until April, then, well, I don't know... but consider your options!

#41 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 PM

Did you drop the classes already? It does seem rude to do that without discussing it with DH first.
Did you find out how much a homebirth midwife like yours makes? And the difference in cost between the two educational routes?
Also consider the different amounts of work. At least around here, CNMs are just part of a practice, so even if they could deliver they'd only be on call some of the time. Home birth midwives are ALWAYS on call. Their families get the shaft when a bunch of patients give birth in a short time, or when one mom has an extremely long labor. That is not something I would do while my kids are young. This really is a decision your DH should be involved in. But I agree that he should get over the money factor, because loving your work is much more important.
#42 of 56 Old 11-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Woohoo! How exciting, I now really KNOW what Braxton Hick contraction feel like. How neat! Maybe not neat later, if they start to bug me, but neat right now! Am I weird?
I'm also getting them already. I get them earlier with each pregnancy. My OB says its no big deal. I have an "Irritable Uterus". Reminds me of that Sex & the City episode about the depressed vagina.
#43 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 06:31 AM

Hi Gang,
I hope all of you that are sick or whose children are sick --- feel well soon!

Today I swore I was having contractions for about 5 hours. I had to go get some groceries and hoisting two 40 pound kids plus groceries in a huge warehouse type environment (where you have to bag it yourself etc) set me off.
I also noticed my vision was blurry the other day.

I have not been taking care of myself this pregnancy. I'm depressed. I ask for help from my mom and I get told "Well your dh needs to start helping more, cause its bs everything you have to do.". Like, gee thanks I know that.

She is supportive dont get me wrong...but on her terms.

Ok can I rant about that wee subject just a little?
I do everything. Grocery shop, child care, laundry, house cleaning, cooking, managing the finances as best I can, yardwork, everything! The only thing I ask of him is to once in a while change a dipe, make a juicy cup, or take out trash every couple days. That's it!
Today he comes home on his break from work and he starts harping on the bills. It's really hard to pay ALL of the bills when you don't have ALL of the money for them. So completely stresses me out because I feel like its 'my fault' he's unhappy how I am handling the bills.

Then there is the girls "They are spoiled" "You baby them" "You don't discipline them" "You got to quit feeding them junk" (A couple times a week I nuke a hotpocket or can of chicken noodle soup and call that lunch. Yes it isnt ideal, but damnit I need a break too!)
So tonight I am in pain from all the work I did and hes like "Well did you take your vitamins?" all like its my fault I'm in pain cause I hadn't taken my vits!

It would just be so much better if he offered help or was kind to me instead of ...I dont know.
I feel severely unappreciated right now, and ... trapped. Like, nothing I do is good enough, and no one cares about me being pregnant. Its all negative to me. Is it just the horomones or what?? I am very sad ):

I realized my bday is two weeks away and I looked in the mirror and I looked like crap. Tired, old for 23, in bad need of some TLC.

Who cares for us moms?

ETA: Also my dad and stepmom/friend are headed to Oahu next month. I am truly happy for them, its just that This is the 3 year anniversary of me coming back from Oahu which is something (if I didnt have the girls) I would severely regret. So that kinda set me off too. Like, I had all these ideals and false promises made about what life would be like if I came back to Oregon and...Eh its a long story. 3 years later this is my post reflecting my life...

I know I'm ungrateful. I just needed to share.
#44 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM

darsmama-- I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time and feeling so down. Your DH shouldn't act like that or say those things. I think that they have NO clue what it is like to be pregnant, take care of the kids, the house, and yourself.

Screaming toddler...

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#45 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 01:54 PM

Katie,
You're not ungrateful. You're trying really hard to be grateful but you have it pretty rough. Grrr, your husband is totally sucking and has no idea. Are you seeing a dr or just a midwife? Can you get put on bedrest for a few weeks so he has to handle everything? Maybe then he'd understand a little.

When my husband or I are unhappy about how the other is handling a task, we change responsibility for it. I get mad when he misses the payment date on a credit card, so it becomes my responsibility to pay the bills on time. If necessary, we switch some other task to him so I have time. Make him handle the finances for a week or a month?
#46 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 04:21 PM

Wow, Katie, sounds like your DH needs to start appreciating all you do for him and his children.

#47 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

I am so sorry that you are feeling so down Katie. Your dh has done this before, so he should behave differently while you are pg. Helping out is a good thing! Grr.... :

I get to take ds and the girls to the Dr today to see if ds has an ear infection and Strep. He better not have strep! I don't want the girls to get THAT and I don't have insurance for them. Ds has insurance through his autism stuff, but I can't have the girls get that kind of sick. Keep your fingers crossed his throat hurts because of nasal drip not tonsilitis or strep, and that worst case senario is an ear infection. So I will be leaving to pick him up from school shortly. Wish me luck.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#48 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 PM

Thanks ladies. I really appreciated being able to rant and get it out. I often hear about journaling and every time I start too, the girls come over, throw fits cause I won't give them the pen I write with, and any train of thought gets left to the wind. So, I badly need to just tell SOMEONE how I feel sometimes.
Thanks for being a captive audience
I appreciate it more than words can say..

I am not seeing either at this point in my pregnancy Jess. I will hopefully hear back on the health insurance (medicaid type) in the next couple weeks. My mw/friend is on vacation at the moment, and probably will be until December. I saw her the one time in September, but thats all so far.
That is a great idea with the bills. If he has a problem with them being handled, he can handle them.

Goldie: Fingers are crossed that your girls do not have Strep. However if they do, I have had miracles work with gargling with cayenne powder. Seriously! It dosen't sting at all. I found a link : http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/sore_throat.html

Another thing is a goldenseal tincture. $15 at most at a health store, and that will help as well..

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
#49 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks for being a captive audience
anytime, sweetheart...

i hope you can manage to swipe some time for yourself...doesn't a nice warm bath with lavender in the water, soft music and candlelight flickering sound divine?? Well.....it's nothing to feel guilty over--go r-e-l-a-x, mama! :

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#50 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 06:44 PM

I vote for a nice warm bath with lavender or something in the water. The rest sounds like too much prep and you'll get interrupted before you're even in the water.
Be sure not to run the washer right before you get in. At least you don't have to worry about DH starting it up on you.
#51 of 56 Old 11-10-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
At least you don't have to worry about DH starting it up on you.

#52 of 56 Old 11-11-2006, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsmama View Post
Ok can I rant about that wee subject just a little?
I do everything. Grocery shop, child care, laundry, house cleaning, cooking, managing the finances as best I can, yardwork, everything! The only thing I ask of him is to once in a while change a dipe, make a juicy cup, or take out trash every couple days. That's it!
Today he comes home on his break from work and he starts harping on the bills. It's really hard to pay ALL of the bills when you don't have ALL of the money for them. So completely stresses me out because I feel like its 'my fault' he's unhappy how I am handling the bills.

Then there is the girls "They are spoiled" "You baby them" "You don't discipline them" "You got to quit feeding them junk" (A couple times a week I nuke a hotpocket or can of chicken noodle soup and call that lunch. Yes it isnt ideal, but damnit I need a break too!)
So tonight I am in pain from all the work I did and hes like "Well did you take your vitamins?" all like its my fault I'm in pain cause I hadn't taken my vits!

It would just be so much better if he offered help or was kind to me instead of ...I dont know.
I feel severely unappreciated right now, and ... trapped. Like, nothing I do is good enough, and no one cares about me being pregnant. Its all negative to me. Is it just the horomones or what?? I am very sad ):

I realized my bday is two weeks away and I looked in the mirror and I looked like crap. Tired, old for 23, in bad need of some TLC.

Who cares for us moms?
I know how you feel, as I'm sure most mama's do
Sometimes we need TLC too!!!! I hope you feel better soon.
#53 of 56 Old 11-11-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Be sure not to run the washer right before you get in. At least you don't have to worry about DH starting it up on you.

Ahh you gals are great. 's to you all
#54 of 56 Old 11-13-2006, 05:02 PM

SO I finaly told my mom yesterday

we were talking about my dogs, and I just blurted it out while she was talking "we are having another baby in may"

she just started in about how broke we are, our house isn't big enough, I"m not organized enough, I need to get off the phone during the day and pay attention to those kids ??? (I don't even have anyone to talk to) that I am HIGH Risk because its my fifth baby ??? I don't know where she got that from.

I did tell her that it was too late to do anything now, and that the appropriate response to an announcement like this was "congratulations" she responded to that "well I"m not happy! " So I told her she would get used to it, we did.

She just kept babbling on that I need to call someone to come help organize my house.. one of those tv shows.

THe conversation went just as expected I guess, but at least she knows now
#55 of 56 Old 11-13-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
SO I finaly told my mom yesterday
I did tell her that it was too late to do anything now, and that the appropriate response to an announcement like this was "congratulations" she responded to that "well I"m not happy! "
that's awful mama! ah well, it's not *her* baby I got similar reactions from my family, so I know how you feel

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#56 of 56 Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
that's awful mama! ah well, it's not *her* baby I got similar reactions from my family, so I know how you feel
Yeah it does suck doesn't it? Its not like she helps us financially, or babysits, or really has anything to do with the kids. We live a 5 hour drive away. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page