Weekly Thread Nov 6th- 12th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't see one of these so I thought I would start one.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 PM

Oh yeah, good idea.
Hi.
It's a crazy busy week for me here, Friends of MO Midwives meeting tonight, prenatal yoga tomorrow, API mtg wednesday + choir practice, midwife appt + LLL Thursday. Holy cow, all this crunchiness is taking all my time! I'll be leaving work early a couple days and very late on Thursday. Guess I should get to work now. :P
#3 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 08:57 PM

Another new week already??
This seems to be a week of strange scheduling and therefore stress for me. I am not tutoring this week as the kids that I normally see are away on vacation, and I have physio and I have a "date" with my mother. AND I have a new bed to get used to. The headaches have started already. Ugh.
Oh, and I just scheduled a controversial meeting at work for next week, the fall-out from that should be interesting.

I was supposed to meet with the "lovely" OB that my mother found for me last week but she called to cancel because she had to go and perform and "emergency C-section". And my mother wonders why I want a midwife!

So far no movement from baby, but that should happen soon right? DH says he can't believe no one has noticed, or at least said anything, but then figured maybe because it's such a gradual change in my body.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#4 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 09:22 PM

I've been kind of MIA...trying to catch up with work and stuff. I *think* I have felt movement a couple of times. I don't know how far along I am yet and don't see the OB until the 22nd. They'll probably want to do a dating u/s but we'll see.

Found out I have "way abnormal" (quoting the nurse) thyroid levels. I had hyperthyroidism before getting pregnant and they haven't leveled out so I'm seeing the dr about that tomorrow.

M/s seems to have subsided, yay! I hope it has for others too!
#5 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 PM

I've been trying to get some writing done, but I've been a lazy slug for the past few days. I can't seem to get focused enough to put anything intelligent down on paper.

I could of sworn I felt movement last night...but, it might of been gas
#6 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 09:39 PM

This week isn't so bad for me thank goodness. I do have a drs appt on Thursday and I'm not looking forward to the drive. I have to drive 3hrs each way to get to my dr b/c of being high risk. And I'm thinking that Friday nigh tI may get together with some friends for dinner but we'll see how I feel after my appt on Thursday.

My m/s (or I should say all day every day sickness) has gotten better. I'm no longer taking my meds every 4 hrs just as needed now which is very very nice.
#7 of 56 Old 11-06-2006, 11:38 PM

Good evening

I think most of my nausea has passed(yeah!) and I don't feel like I'm dragging myself through the day so much anymore

My gas fireplace is fixed so we are warm again.

other than that nothing is new. I still don't look like I"m pregnant although I'm too thick for my skinny pants anymore. I haven't gained any weight yet, but hopefully i"ll have put on a few pounds by the time I go back to the midwife on the 22nd
#8 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well I think tonight I have reached my breaking point. My oldest has been very sick. I should back up, he has been so off since school started. moody as can be different personality, etc. I tell you, I was thinking drugs but saw no evidence of it but the behavior was something else. Just to throw in some fun he kept on throwing up a couple of times a week and was not eating. He is 16. He was just getting to the point of us either selling him to a ban of gypsies or us taking him to the doctor. I should say this whole time he was functioning. Anyway last week he got really sick, so sick that he ask me to take him to the hospital. Of course our dr. is on vacation. Well long and short of it, two hospital visits and two dr visits and an upper GI we have answers. He has mono (but no swollen glands) the mono has caused ulcers, so many ulcers they cannot count them all. He does not have internal bleeding but we need to watch him closely. Oh, he has had mono for weeks according to the test they did. I was like Johnny you are 16 not 2 could you have told me hey I feel bad instead of acting out?

My husband started a new job in September and he is on swing shift so I am still getting use to being single mom of 4 and pregnant with number 5 in the evening. I am so disorganized but this first trimester has kicked my butt I am usually very organized. So trying to work full time and get the kids everywhere they need to be has been a challenged. Then to throw in some fun my youngest has juvenile arthritis and he has been fighting me taking his medicine at night the last week or so. Why? I am not sure. Oh ya I forgot about me trying to eat right now that I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. On top of everything else my parents are elderly and I help take care of them after working all day and playing super mom.

FWWW I am done complaining and whining.

Heidi
#9 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 02:12 AM

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Heidi)))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))

I just wanted to offer you some hugs!! You do have your plate full! I hope things slow down for you very soon!

I'm sorry your son is sick. I hope he feels better soon.
#10 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 AM

I have been feeling better, but still get nauseous a few times a day. I'm mad because I didn't get sick at all after 12 weeks with my daughter, and now I'm 14 weeks and still feeling sick! ARGH! I am eating WAY less, though, so that probably has something to do with it. I'm eating well, and actual food (not sweets and crap), so I'm not worried, I just refuse to gain tons of weight this time and it's not hard to not eat when I'm running around with my daughter or trying to get work done. I haven't been on MDC much, am trying to get caught up with work and realize it's November and I need to really get ready for holiday shopping season! You wouldn't think it, but even an EC store is more busy during the holidays. LOL It doesn't make any sense to me but that's how it is.

Must go to sleep! Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.
#11 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 01:14 PM

Heidi. I was worn out just reading your post. Hope are getting some rest once in awhile.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that my M/S is going out the door. I'll be 14 weeks Thurs. so I'm thinking it shouldn't last much longer. I'm tired of feeling crappy. I've felt margninally better the last couple days and actually was hungry for supper last night *and* enjoyed eating it, so we'll see.

My thyroid levels came back high on my blood tests. We'll retest in 6 weeks. If they are still high, I'll have to go to an endocrinologist to have more tests done. I've had hyperthyroidism in the past, but never high enough that it warranted special medication. I'm hoping it levels out. Makes me nervouse taking that stuff while being pregnant, but I guess problems can arrise with the baby if my thyroid stays high. We have our first ultrasound on Dec. 5th. They want to be really sure of my "due" date since I have big babies. I told him that's fine, but he isn't inducing me early just because of the chance of a big baby. He seemed pretty cool with that, he just wants to be aware.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#12 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
So far no movement from baby, but that should happen soon right? DH says he can't believe no one has noticed, or at least said anything, but then figured maybe because it's such a gradual change in my body.
Kristen--This is your first, right? I think most ftms feel movement around 20 weeks or so. That was true for me and then I felt my 2nd around 15 weeks.

Heidi--I hope things calm down for you soon!

I forget who said they were getting hit with ms now, but that really stinks! A friend of mine had ms the first trimester and now has it again. She's due in December.

I hit the 12 week mark on Sunday! This is my last week babysitting and I can't wait until it's over...I'm so worn out!

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#13 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quick post. Sometime last week I am pretty sure that I pulled a muscle in my back, so I have been trying to get sleep at night while having back spasms. Fun fun!

Also, yesterday was supposed to be a nice day with just me and dd2, but NOOOOOOO! Some inconsiderate Mom at my sons school had to send her sick kid to school after I had kept mine out for over a week, and send my son home throwing up this weekend. Grrr! : I understand not keeping your kid home if they just have a cold or something, but throwing up is definately reason to keep them home! Nuff complaining from me, as I really don't know how my ds got sick like that again.

Heidi, I hope that your son is feeling better soon. You are an incredible woman to do what you do.

To everyone with ms woes, I hope that we are all feeling better soon.

#14 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 05:11 PM

WOW, huge s to Heidi, there's nothing more scary than sick children

well, i am "feeling" 2nd-trimester-ish now, which means two things: HOORAY i can eat again, but BUMMER i am craving cigarettes again too....sigh.

of course the cig cravings have *nothing whatever* to do with the fact that my DP is across the ocean in Germany as of last wednesday. nope, nothing at all to do with that there.

one amazing mind-blowing thing did happen tho: he slipped up and mentioned that he's buying me a ring!!! i never thought i would dream of getting married again, but i am finding myself doing just that, quite frequently now with any luck we'll have our own place set up in Germany before this babe is due...WHEW can we say major "planning"!?

other than *that*....i am trying to sell on ebay rather than buy (hehe), and i've been playing on myspace more than here lately. i have a new one, it's http://www.myspace.com/23rdgoddess, friend me on there if you have one too my halloween pics are posted there!

it's amazing how quickly my son went from struggling with the public school work to being bored with it....which in my mind means "yay, i'm not a rotten homeschooler after all!" we are seriously thinking of pulling him out as soon as we have the money to buy an oak meadow curriculum instead of waiting til xmastime.

i have this insanely long to-do list, and being exhaustedly pregnant doesn't help much with that cleaned my car yesterday. OMG it took 3 hours! i am glad it was a nice sunny day at least--my daughter got to dig in this huge dirt pile next door and climb the tree while i worked, and i'm quite sure i annoyed the neighbors with my radio too hehe....but it was worth it. went to starbucks afterward cause i was so exhaused tho!

anyway, hope to be less MIA here in future..!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#15 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
one amazing mind-blowing thing did happen tho: he slipped up and mentioned that he's buying me a ring!!! i never thought i would dream of getting married again, but i am finding myself doing just that, quite frequently now with any luck we'll have our own place set up in Germany before this babe is due...WHEW can we say major "planning"!?

Ok, I'm so confused, because I remember the original thread (amazingly enough... apparently long term memory is ok still) and I remember why you said you couldn't/wouldn't go. What's changed? (If I may ask... too late, I did anyways! ) I hope everything works out, Germany is a really NICE place, at least to visit, but the friends that I visited like living there too. :

#16 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM

Kristen- I didn't feel movement until around week 17 with dd. My sis didn't feel her first until 20 weeks. But it will be here soon enough, keeping us up at night
Heidi Sounds rough, mama. I hope it gets easier for you soon!
Goldie- Do you have access to go to a chiropracter? I've found so much relief whenever I go to a chiro. Especially during pg.
Krystal- That's so exciting about the ring and the move... I LOVE Germany! Not smoking is hard, I know, I smoked before dd, I quit right after I found out I was pg with her and I still have occasions when I think about a cig. Not really when I'm pg, but definitely when I'm super stressed or out with friends who are smoking. Just keep reminding yourself what a favor you are doing for your babe by not smoking!

As for me... I'm feeling amazing right now. I'm so glad that I can eat anything I like and anytime I want. I can definitely feel that the second trimester is here. The most annoying thing going on right now is that dd is nursing around the clock during the day. I still have some milk in there, but it's not much and it's getting really irritating. Just have to keep reminding myself that this is the best thing for us right now. I'm starting pre-natal yoga tonight, I'm really excited! I had to wait until I started the second tri to start the class, so here I go!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#17 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM

Oh Jenn, cool that you are feeling good. I start prenatal yoga tonight toooo! I'm excited as well. I've been looking forward to this since Evelyn was born.
And thanks for the reminder, I go to chiro tomorrow morning. Looking forward to that too.

I'm excited about the elections today. I hope a lot of incumbents get overturned.
#18 of 56 Old 11-07-2006, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

I am excited about the elections too, but I want everyone to still like me, so I will just leave it at that. Dh needs to hurry up and get home so I can go vote!

#19 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We vote by mail in ballot where I live there are no more polls to go too. I usually get my ballot in a couple of weeks before elections. Ha not this year. At 5:30 I am sitting in our van at the post office trying to vote with two hungry kids in the back going what are we doing?? I am hungry.

Krystal I thought you were not going to go to Germany? We would like details please.

Sounds like a lot of us our still in misery with morning sickness etc. Soon it will be over right? That is what I keep on saying if I say it enough it will be true right?

Well I am killing time waiting patiently for the medication to work on my oldest. When I got home Johnny was in a ton of pain which he did not have since Thursday so I called our peditrician office after hours. I am not sure who the on call dr. was but she was very nice. She said that ulcer pain hurts a ton and pill form of pain killers do not help. She suggested we try zantact on top of the nexium and if he is not better in 30 minutes to take him to the Er for a shot of a pain killer. Well if I go to the ER now we will for 3 hours. Its about a 30 minute drive so I am hoping he can last until dh gets home from work so right now I am killing time passing the floor etc.

Heidi
#20 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Ok, I'm so confused, because I remember the original thread (amazingly enough... apparently long term memory is ok still) and I remember why you said you couldn't/wouldn't go. What's changed? (If I may ask... too late, I did anyways! ) I hope everything works out, Germany is a really NICE place, at least to visit, but the friends that I visited like living there too. :
hehe, well, the most major thing was that i thought my ex wouldn' be at all agreeable to allowing me to take the kids out of country. but he is, amazingly. also, i wouldnt just randomly follow DP if i wasn't sure of his intentions toward me, yk? a LOT has changed since my OP about the situation, thank goodness...! i am so relieved to finally get to a place where i feel like my head's on straight about all this. it came down to a decision of choosing safety/logic or choosing love/emotion--and i feel confident about going with the latter

ETA: i apologize about being as vague as i have been--but to be perfectly honest i am afraid to talk too openly about the situation. divorce is ugly any way you slice it, and i am quite sure that i'd make it onto a scandal-sensation talk show if i wanted to--the only thing missing from this whole situation is VIOLENCE. that's partly why i had to delete my old myspace--i had been blogging there and people were passing judgment and getting angry left and right. my own father isn't speaking to me except for his frequent offers to pay for an abortion i MUST do right by my kids, but i can't stay with someone i don't love for the sake of a bigger income, esp. when i'm realizing how much i am in love with someone else... erm, sorry to be a thread-hijacker, feel free to ignore me!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#21 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 AM

Krystal! Congratulations!!!
#22 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 02:31 AM

I'm thinking you must be somewhere near me, mum4boys. We also don't have polling places anymore (a county in west.WA) so I voted a few weeks ago by absentee...crossing my fingers for a good outcome this election, though I'm getting sort of jaded (maybe even paranoid) at the way things have been going. Anyone else think we're being led to believe we have some voice when in all actuality voting is just a placebo? Ack, enough with the politics!

Things are going well here. I'll hit the wonderful 2nd trimester next week and I feel like I've already arrived! Yea!! My energy's up and I can almost swear I feel movement, but who knows. I'm looking forward to going back to the mw on the 27th to see how things are growing. I wonder if I'll still be measuring significantly ahead or not. We'll see!

Hugs and postive vibes to all (hang in there, Heidi)!
#23 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Keep your fingers crossed that my son is able to stay at school all day today. He was being a big time goofball about getting ready for school, and being stuborn about getting on the bus this morning. Yesterday he had to come home because of diarea issues. Grr..

Oops, more later, baby needs me.

#24 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 12:31 PM

Heidi--I am so sorry to read about your son. I hope and pray he gets better soon!

Well everyone is finally healthy here--YAY!!! Big news is that DH has an interview with a firm in TN this weekend. Its the place we would really like to move to and if he gets it, then he will have a job for when he is done with school. It would be for an internship next summer then turns full-time when you graduate from school. It would be a huge blessing to have a job waiting for us and he is only about half-way done. We are all going to go, which will be fun to get out of town for the weekend. The boys LOVE road trips.

My midwife apt. is Friday morning and I am so excited to hear the heartbeat! I will be 15 weeks tomorrow--this pg is just flying by for me! I am still feeling pretty good, though my appetite comes and goes. I played ultimate frisbee Sun. and whoah was I sore for the past couple days.
#25 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Kimberly, lucky you! that the pregnancy is flying by.
TN is so nice. Where in TN? I have lots of family in Chattanooga, and it is so pretty there. Great city. Also spent some summers in Memphis, which is fun but not where I'd want to raise a family.

Quote:
killing time passing the floor
what on earth does that mean?

Goldie, good luck for your son.
Heidi, I hope Johnny feels better today.

Krystal, oh, I hope it works out! It will, if it is meant to be. How do your kids feel about the new dude?

Prenatal yoga last night was fabulous. I love love love that class. It is so awesome. I get to be calm and bond with the new little baby. There are 12 minutes of relaxation in the dark. Ah, twelve minutes of moving and thinking as little as possible. Ah.
#26 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
killing time passing the floor
I think she mean paCing the floor. Has anyone else noticed that our spelling and grammar are going downhill severely? Yet another symptom of having forgotten our brains somewhere.....

#27 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
Prenatal yoga last night was fabulous. I love love love that class. It is so awesome. I get to be calm and bond with the new little baby. There are 12 minutes of relaxation in the dark. Ah, twelve minutes of moving and thinking as little as possible. Ah.
I'm so jealous! I didn't get to go to my prenatal yoga class last night. Just as I was walking out the door I got a phone call from my work asking me if I could come in for someone that wasn't feeling well. Well, I guess I should look on the bright side, I made $$ when I wasn't expecting to and I can still go to yoga on thursday.

#28 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I think she mean paCing the floor. Has anyone else noticed that our spelling and grammar are going downhill severely? Yet another symptom of having forgotten our brains somewhere.....
If our brains are absent, that's a sign that our babies are going to be really smart.
#29 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
If our brains are absent, that's a sign that our babies are going to be really smart.
Good that makes me feel better!

#30 of 56 Old 11-08-2006, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Then I am going to have a very smart baby! Guess it is true though, cause all my kids are very smart. Even ds is extremely smart behind his autism.

As a bummer he decided it would be a good idea to throw up all over his lunch tray at school. Dh thinks that he is allergic to school. Seriously, he isn't sniffling, he isn't coughing much, yesterday he did have some diarea, but he was acting just fine. He goes to school and all hell breaks loose! No idea what is going on with him, unless he just happened to eat something that didn't agree with his system. Poor kid can't really tell me either. And he obviously didn't catch the puke bug from me, cause ms isn't contagious.

I wanna cry. I am just feeling very off today. No, contrary to popular opinion around me, it has ZERO to do with the election. Today I just feel like crap. I have a nasty headache and I think that I might be getting another cold. I am going to stop now, cause I am not making any sense to myself. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page