˜** Weekly Thread: Nov 27 - Dec 3 **˜ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2006, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eaglevoice,
hey we are all here for each other for the good, the bad and the ugly. Sorry you went through that nearly 9 years ago.

May the *anniversary* bring you peace this year, instead of haunting you.
Many hugs...
Katie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2006, 02:45 AM

Hugs to you Eaglevoice!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 PM

Well, I've been MIA for awhile, and trying to catch up on what's going on with you ladies! I finally got ethics approval for my thesis project, so I've been spending alot of time lining up interviews.

dd has been very difficult lately. She cries and refuses to go to bed. I have taken her to the doc, tests, and there is nothing physically wrong with her, so...I don't know.

I am incredibly tired, and emotional all the time. I think exhaustion is to blame for the most part, but this pregnancy has been very difficult.

Eaglevoice~

Quote:
Basically I'm still trying to come to terms with an abortion I had 9 years ago, which was largely against my will, yet I was too young and uninformed to know that I'd be fine even though my then fiancee was threatening to leave me if I decided to have the baby. I ended up breaking up with him 2 months after the procedure anyway. It's been such a huge gaping wound for so long. I am really trying to forgive myself for that decision. But it's been the hardest thing in the world. I'm coming up on the 9 year anninversary and the wound is still so raw. I know in the long run that it was a good decision because I would not be where I am today...but still.
I went through a similar experience when I was very young also. It has been almost 15 years now, and sometimes I still need to cry over it. I had NO support, and basically went through the motions to please everyone else. It was the worst experience of my life, but I have forgiven myself. I have always felt that I didn't really have a 'choice' in that circumstance. I feel like I was bullied into doing something that I didn't 'want', and it has helped me to come to terms with it. I hope you can heal soon
Old 12-02-2006, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesmama View Post
We are experiencing our very own icy blast over here in the PNW. It will be a record low 17 degrees tonight!
Jakesmama - Where do you live? I live in Port Angeles, over on the Olympic Peninsula. You must live up North of Seattle I'm guessing. We're practically neighbors!

I went pee last night and had that terrible burning stinging pain and blood. I called my MW and she agreed that it was a UTI, so I'm on antibiotics for 7 days. At least this morning it didn't hurt - I was scared to go pee!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the support, ladies!

So who else is just loving all the little movements happening these days??? I can't believe how much I am feeling this little peanut bounce around in there. I love it!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM

Peace and hugs to those of you dealing with past hurt and issues.
There are some support groups out there and programs for healing after these sorts of things that you guys can look into, maybe from a local women's group, church, ect....

Anywho, I felt the first flutters over thanksgiving but then not a whole lot for a few days (which of course made me worry)...and now it seems this babe won't stop moving! i have been feeling flutters all day and a itty bitty kick here and there ! I guess since it is the weekend and have had a good amount of down time?
And believe it or not, I (a native Northeaster transplanted to SC) MISS the cold weather and the snow. DH thinks I am nuts!

User Tag List