˜** Weekly Thread: Nov 27 - Dec 3 **˜ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start our new thread this week. Can you believe it's going to be December by the end of the week??? December makes me think of snow, but it's actually been a pretty mild November for us here in the Northeast. Still, I'm jealous of all you Mamas who live in warm climates!

Wishing you all a wonderful week!
Samantha
#2 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 10:44 AM

We had a pretty busy weekend, so I'm kinda sad we're starting a new week already. I like one restful day at least, to wind down from one week and gear up for another. Oh, well...

We went and got our Christmas tree on Saturday and decorated yesterday. I am excited for the holidays this year! I got some Christmas shopping done on Friday, but still have tons to do.

I meet with my midwife tomorrow and have a couple things I want to talk to her about. I can feel the baby moving around alot more lately and I'm very excited about that! I feel like I've been waiting forever!

Well, I should stop rambling...Hope everyone has a good week!
#3 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 12:21 PM

So much for our "warm climate" out here on the West Coast. What is usually a balmy Novemeber morning is -9°C and almost two feet of snow in my yard! The city is virtually paralyzed and hardly anyone is out and about let alone at work (here I sit at work). As someone who grew up out East with lots of snow all winter this is fairly amusing..... People out here don't even own boots half the time!

As for babe, well, been a pretty non-pg feeling week last week. Seems like my uterus has moved up towards my belly button... not grown, but actually MOVED, it's really weird. Still not sure that I've actually felt any movement or anything either. A bit disconcerting at times.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#4 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 03:18 PM

I had a relatively busy weekend. I work fri, sat and sunday nights. We had a birthday party to go to on saturday for a friends daughter who is turning three. It was dd's first b-day party that she's ever been to. It was really cute. Oh I took some cute pics, too... http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0936.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0943.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0942.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0939.jpg

I get to see my mw on thursday. I can't believe it's already been a month since I saw her last. It's going by so fast. I honestly don't feel pregnant at all. It's weird. At least I can feel that my uterus is growing! We are getting some winter weather here, too. It's rainy and 55 degrees. That's about as bad as it gets around here. I don't know how you mama's do it, -9 degrees!!!!! burrr!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#5 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 03:20 PM

Busy week for us...MW appointment tonight and tomorrow we are closing on our first house, yikes! Fortunately, our current lease isn't up until the end of December so we can take our time with the move...but still, moving is so stressful and, well, not fun. wish me luck! :

treehugger.gif
#6 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Well its a new week. And I"m with you Kristen its freezing here. We had so much snow falling last night that I couldn't see anything when I was driving to work and I had to turn around and come back home. I"m scheduled to go back tonight, so hopefully the snow holds off.

I went to see my midwife last week, I heard the baby's heartbeat (I requested since my kids were there) it came in at a nice 150. I'm kind of put off, because I feel like the midwife thinks i'm an imbecile. I have used this midwife the last three pregnancies. I am not immune to rubella, I have known this for the last three pregnancies. I refused the vaccine after my 3rd sons birth, and then again after my daughters birth. So the midwife knows how I feel about this situation. But she brings it up again, that I should be vaccinated after I have the baby and gives me the long speel about how if I come into contact with rubella my baby will be permanently damaged. I nod and tell her I am aware of the risks and she just keeps going on and on. I can tell by the look on her face that she totally doesn't agree with my decision

Then onto my risk of premature birth. I have had my last three babies born slightly preterm My 2nd son was born at 33 weeks after a car accident caused prom. Then my 3rd son was born at 35 weeks 5 days healthy and fine just little. my dd (baby #4) was born at 36 6days. So she tells me that I have to see an ob for a consult, fine. Then talks about progesterone shots/ supplements. I told her that I have discussed this with an ob before and that I think it will have minimal effect in my situation and I am concerned about taking hormones my whole pregnancy so that I can birth a 38 week baby instead of a 36 week baby (the ob said it could give me about 2 weeks more time) She said well a 34 week baby is better than 32???? I was thinking well I have never gone that early so why would we plan on it now?

I just feel like we don't see eye to eye, that she can't understand where I"m coming from. It seems like she totally disagrees with everything i"m doing, and she is doing a bad job of hiding it.

she just seems to be so negative, My hemoglobin came back at 150 which is great, so instead of saying "well that's great we don't have anything to worry about anemia wise" she says " could you have been dehydrated when they took your blood? that would have given a false high result"

Sorry for the novel
#7 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I had a relatively busy weekend. I work fri, sat and sunday nights. We had a birthday party to go to on saturday for a friends daughter who is turning three. It was dd's first b-day party that she's ever been to. It was really cute. Oh I took some cute pics, too... http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0936.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0943.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0942.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...p/100_0939.jpg

I get to see my mw on thursday. I can't believe it's already been a month since I saw her last. It's going by so fast. I honestly don't feel pregnant at all. It's weird. At least I can feel that my uterus is growing! We are getting some winter weather here, too. It's rainy and 55 degrees. That's about as bad as it gets around here. I don't know how you mama's do it, -9 degrees!!!!! burrr!!
cute pictures she has so much hair compared to Lauren
#8 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
Busy week for us...MW appointment tonight and tomorrow we are closing on our first house, yikes! Fortunately, our current lease isn't up until the end of December so we can take our time with the move...but still, moving is so stressful and, well, not fun. wish me luck! :
congratulations on the house
#9 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Crys, that sounds like one obnoxious midwife you've got there! I don't think I'd have the patience to be polite, esp. after that "dehydrated" comment, ACK!! Any chance of finding someone else?? I had a midwife that wasn't nearly that bad for my first pg, and I was thrilled to death when she happened to be out of town when I delivered! Her "back-up midwife" helped me with Ian, and she was infinitely more supportive. I'd worry about not being able to relax enough with a midwife you feel so uncomfortable around hope that situation can be remedied somehow...

YES, all you negative-9-degree suffering mamas out there, be jealous of us Texans, who can go out in tanktops and flipflops about 50% of the time still!! ok i'll quit bragging now, lol....I just feel SO much cuter with a flowing sarong skirt over my thickening belly instead of icky maternity jeans and a bulky sweater on top!

Well, there's a christmas tree up over here, but it really doesnt feel "christmas-ey" at all. I used to be all organized, handmade presents already completed, cookies to bake, candles everywhere--I even organized a church group to go Caroling one year....but lately, well....bleah. I know i need to just let it go, but it really hurts that my dad won't accept the choices I've made. I'm the only child, my mom and dad are really all I've got in the way of family, and he's choosing to shut me out like this. Sigh.

Well! Other than that, I've been trying to focus on eating better, and trying not to get TOO obsessed about what baby stuff I still need to buy, esp. seeing as I won't have a dime to buy it with until tax return time, LOL. Sometimes we joke that Tax Return Day is the true holiday to look forward to! :

Those pics are supercute, Eaglevoice! I love being able to see proof that all of you really do exist outside of my computer screen, HAHAHA

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#10 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
Crys, that sounds like one obnoxious midwife you've got there! I don't think I'd have the patience to be polite, esp. after that "dehydrated" comment, ACK!! Any chance of finding someone else?? I had a midwife that wasn't nearly that bad for my first pg, and I was thrilled to death when she happened to be out of town when I delivered! Her "back-up midwife" helped me with Ian, and she was infinitely more supportive. I'd worry about not being able to relax enough with a midwife you feel so uncomfortable around hope that situation can be remedied somehow...

YES, all you negative-9-degree suffering mamas out there, be jealous of us Texans, who can go out in tanktops and flipflops about 50% of the time still!! ok i'll quit bragging now, lol....I just feel SO much cuter with a flowing sarong skirt over my thickening belly instead of icky maternity jeans and a bulky sweater on top!

Well, there's a christmas tree up over here, but it really doesnt feel "christmas-ey" at all. I know i need to just let it go, but it really hurts that my dad won't accept the choices I've made. I'm the only child, my mom and dad are really all I've got in the way of family, and he's choosing to shut me out like this. Sigh.

Well! Other than that, I've been trying to focus on eating better, and trying not to get TOO obsessed about what baby stuff I still need to buy, esp. seeing as I won't have a dime to buy it with until tax return time, LOL. Sometimes we joke that Christmas doesn't really count, it's Tax Return Day that's the real holiday! :

Those pics are supercute, Eaglevoice! I love being able to see proof that all of you really do exist outside of my computer screen, HAHAHA
Yeah she's the only midwife in town BC Canada has very few midwives, and in order to get in to see them you pretty much have to call the day you find out you are pg. In her defense, she has been wonderful during my births, its just the prenatal care that sucks. Since I am unable to find a family doc to take me in town, my only other option is an ob, and since I really want to go full term and have a homebirth that won't work to well in my situation.

I'm sorry your dad is still shutting you out s
#11 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM

I hope this week is a good one.

On Friday I had some bleeding, another post, and it just turned to brown spotting the rest of the weekend. Today the red is back and even though I called and talked to the nurse, I am not reassured!

It might be previa of some sort cause the U/s I had in the ER on Friday revealed all was fine with the baby. I am only 16 weeks so this totally sucks, and is scary as all heck.

My christmas shopping is seriously suffering and the chores are not getting done cause I have been trying to stay off my feet.

Looks like online shopping will be myfriend again this year.

As far as the weather is concerned, I wont even comment. I live in Alaska.
#12 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
I hope this week is a good one.

On Friday I had some bleeding, another post, and it just turned to brown spotting the rest of the weekend. Today the red is back and even though I called and talked to the nurse, I am not reassured!

It might be previa of some sort cause the U/s I had in the ER on Friday revealed all was fine with the baby. I am only 16 weeks so this totally sucks, and is scary as all heck.

My christmas shopping is seriously suffering and the chores are not getting done cause I have been trying to stay off my feet.

Looks like online shopping will be myfriend again this year.

As far as the weather is concerned, I wont even comment. I live in Alaska.
I'm sorry that your bleeding has picked up again. I'm sure it is super scary trying to figure out what's causing it.

How cold is it in Alaska today ?
#13 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post

How cold is it in Alaska today ?

today it actually warmed up to -9F this morning!!! THey kids are thrilled cause now they can go outside for recess!
For 3 weeks it has been about -20F to -30F here. Brrrr.
#14 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
today it actually warmed up to -9F this morning!!! THey kids are thrilled cause now they can go outside for recess!
For 3 weeks it has been about -20F to -30F here. Brrrr.
Its only 4.9 farenheit here right now (or -15 celcius)

My 7 year old stuck his tongue to a pole on the way home from school and he is surprised that it is still bleeding. I told him he's lucky his tongue is still attached to his head
#15 of 36 Old 11-27-2006, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
Its only 4.9 farenheit here right now (or -15 celcius)

My 7 year old stuck his tongue to a pole on the way home from school and he is surprised that it is still bleeding. I told him he's lucky his tongue is still attached to his head
LOL, my 6 yr old did that a few weeks back, at -15.
Live and learn.
#16 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 12:58 AM

That totally reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story!" The all time best x-mas movie ever, don't you think?!

#17 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 01:05 AM

Quote:
That totally reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story!" The all time best x-mas movie ever, don't you think?!
you'll shoot your eye out, kid!

there is actually a person in this town that owns a Leg Lamp as part of his xmas decor.

:

#18 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
you'll shoot your eye out, kid!

there is actually a person in this town that owns a Leg Lamp as part of his xmas decor.

:
OMG, I would love a leg lamp! :

#19 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:
OMG, I would love a leg lamp! :
but of course, m'dear!

leg lamps at your disposal

#20 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 01:54 AM

OMGoodness you all are hilarious! My week is starting out pretty crappy. Friday and the weekend were nice, cause I got holiday money from the family to be able to make some purchases that I was hoping for. The ipod for one, and the digital video recorder for another. I am totally thinking that it would be best to get off the FIN list since my family surprised us this year. I feel guilty being there when we aren't as in need now. I love my Mom!

Sunday the one working computer we had took a total dump, so I was without today until we could borrow the software to fix the problem.
So at least for now I have a working puter. Yay!

I also had to reschedule my mw appt. I love how I have yet to actually meet with this woman when we have initially scheduled the appt for. I will hopefully see her on Thursday now. The week can only get better from here. I am sure of it.

Off to reinstall a few of my programs.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#21 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 02:52 AM

heeeey, ipods are great or really i guess i should say mp3 players--mine's a creative zen 6GB and i think it's just as cool as an ipod. i got all artsy one day and superglued garnet rhinestones to the back in a heartagram pattern--i call it "my precious"

so do you have a good music download program yet?? : pm me if you are at all interested in stuff like bearshare or limewire, teehee!

#22 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 02:56 AM

My Mom has an ftp site that she uploads audiobooks on for me, so no need for software at this point. Thanks for the offer though.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#23 of 36 Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 AM

Hi everyone! I am happy because I'm realizing my family has been healthy for over a week! No morning sickness even. It seems like we have all been a little sick since the end of September, off and on! I'm excited we all feel good - my daughter even said out of the blue "I feel better" today and I asked her what she was talking about and she said "from when I was coughing." So yay!

I am a LITTLE worried because I am 80% sure I was feeling movement like 2-3 weeks ago. Up until like 3-5 days ago. Now I can't decide if I've just been really busy the last few days and haven't been noticing any movement. OR if I wasn't feeling movement at all yet and I will in the next 1-3 weeks OR if I really was and now I'm really not. I guess there's nothing to do but wait. But it's annoying. I lie there and try to just zen out to feel some movement. I guess I think I was feeling some movement on Saturday... That's not that long ago. Hmm. Whatever. Just the thing to be obsessed about at the moment I suppose.

Better run - I have to get up sorta early and I don't want to be a zombie. At least I finally have my snugglewool mattress pad on my bed again so I get to sleep on lambswool! Woo hoo!
#24 of 36 Old 11-29-2006, 12:55 AM

Hope all you mamas had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week. MIL came last friday so we have been busy showing her the sites here. Yesterday was my 7 year wedding anniversary. Dh took me to PF CHangs for dinner...YUMMY!!!!!!!! Other than that not much else is new. Been also busy Christmas decorating...love this time of year!
#25 of 36 Old 11-29-2006, 01:45 AM

Hello, everyone! It is so neat that we are all moving along. I really dislike the first trimester. It's all wow-I'm-pregnant-oh-my-gawd-that-is-so-cool-wait-what?-I-feel-sick-and-tired-when-will-this-be-fun? So I'm super-excited to get this second trimester going!

We are experiencing our very own icy blast over here in the PNW. It will be a record low 17 degrees tonight! Brrr! Of course that sounds like nothing compared to -20! I'm such a whiner....
We went to the midwife last night. We should have stayed home. It took us three hours to get there and we didn't get home till noon today!! Good thing I wasn't in labor, eh? The weather is atrocious and the drivers around here are worse. We never see this kind of thing and everyone panics. I can't get to work either. I direct a child care center ( I won't even mutter the name should you all decide to shun me forever ) and my supervisor, aka someone-who-doesn't-even-work-in-my-building, tells me I HAVE to be there! Scuse me? I am not putting my pregnant self and my son into a vehicle, driving 60 miles with a bunch of panicking newbies, turning around to come home and not being able to make it there. No thanks. And tomorrow will be worse. Ugh. I hate to sound whiny, but I was apalled they even kept us open today. Its all about the money.
But the mw appt was nice. Ten minutes long, but nice. I listened to the HT which we were avoiding the Doppler, but I think she forgot and I was so freaked out about getting home that I didn't even notice until she was done. Oh, well. everything sounded great! I'm still measuring about 5-6 weeks ahead. Weird. MW said we could start to freak out at the next visit. Hehe.

So that's that this week. Sheesh, I ramble.....

we need a Belly Pics sticky.....

I think that's everything now!
#26 of 36 Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM

speaking of climates, we just moved from tx to nh. so far it's not too cold, but i know it will be soon!
#27 of 36 Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 PM

Hey everyone,
just been busy with life here. Going to start the hunt for a midwife, I have decided. Not going to UC.
DH and my family are not on board with it and I dont want to deal with the negative vibes.
Plus, I have a feeling I am going to need a lot of support this pregnancy.

Thats my update. Oh and I am very sick, but starting to get better!!
#28 of 36 Old 12-01-2006, 12:06 AM

I need to find a midwife too. I have interviewed one. I think there are two or three more in my area to interview.
#29 of 36 Old 12-01-2006, 04:36 PM

I had my mw appt yesterday. I was sooooo nervous because I had an extremely graphic dream about m/c the night before. Then she couldn't find the hb with the...umm, damn, just forgot the name...ugh, preggo brain...the stethoscope thingy...what is it called????? Ah, fetoscope!!! Duh! (Ok, pregnant brain ramble over).

So yeah, she couldn't find the hb. I started to feel really panicky, so we decided to try the doppler and she couldn't find it with the doppler either, for a few seconds which seemed like an eternity, and then all of the sudden... there he/she was, hb at 148! OMG I was sooooo relieved. I started crying. Then we went on to have a very emotional visit with me reliving some really traumatic experiences that I've gone through earlier in my life. I was crying so hard I was sobbing (so was the apprentice). Basically I'm still trying to come to terms with an abortion I had 9 years ago, which was largely against my will, yet I was too young and uninformed to know that I'd be fine even though my then fiancee was threatening to leave me if I decided to have the baby. I ended up breaking up with him 2 months after the procedure anyway. It's been such a huge gaping wound for so long. I am really trying to forgive myself for that decision. But it's been the hardest thing in the world. I'm coming up on the 9 year anninversary and the wound is still so raw. I know in the long run that it was a good decision because I would not be where I am today...but still.

Okay, sorry to be such a downer, just trying to figure out how to process it better.

#30 of 36 Old 12-02-2006, 12:37 AM

oh wow, s for you Eaglevoice....so glad you found the after all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page