Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goldie- what's your bp at now?

I don't have any suggestions to get your bp down I have the opposite problem
#32 of 42 Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I don't have any advice on the BP, Goldie, but I just wanted to wish you good luck in finding a way to bring it down! Sorry you are going through this

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#33 of 42 Old 12-07-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
Oh, I hope my feet don't grow again this pg! I'm tall (6'1'') and all my life I wore a 9- 9 1/2. Then after being pg with dd, I am now a solid 10. They can't possibly get any bigger or I won't be able to find shoes in normal shoe stores!!!!
I've always been a solid 10. After 3 kids though I swear I'm more like a 10 1/2...and they don't make 10 1/2 anywhere I've shopped. Thank goodness my birkies have kind of grown with me! 11's are ginormous on me, too, so shoe shopping is a nightmare!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#34 of 42 Old 12-07-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
Goldie- what's your bp at now?

I don't have any suggestions to get your bp down I have the opposite problem
Last time I measured my bp was Monday, and it was 155/96. I guess I was hoping that all the natural stuff would have worked miracles in just 4 days. It has been a week now and I hope to check my pressure again later this evening. I wonder how long it is supposed to take before you see results?

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#35 of 42 Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM

I don't know what I'm craving. My husband wishes pizza though. That is his fave. Acutually I'm craving Vietnamese soup. I need to find an Asian food store around here.

That is scary abouto the TV. Glad that you caught it. We still are working on secure things in the house. We haven't done the bookshelves yet because it's plaster and we need to pilot drill a hole.

I still ahven't found a midwife yet. I interview one this weekend and one next Wednesday. I need to call another one and see if she'll set something up.
#36 of 42 Old 12-08-2006, 04:49 AM

I am only 5'4 1/2" and yeah, now I'm a size 9. I'm not buying anymore shoes until next summer to see what they are.

We might have to get pizza tomorrow. We have a local place that has awesome pizza, but I'm trying to avoid it because with my last pregnancy my bp went way up after eating it and never really went back down. It's super salty. Then we have Pizza Hut and they're doing the three mediums for $5 each deal so I think we'll have friends over and do that.

I interviewed three people today and think I've found someone to help me pack orders and play with Delia to give my husband and me some more work time during the day! And Delia will be happy to have someone else to play with, someone more uh enthusiastic (when you're getting paid to pay with a three year old, it's a lot more fun!). The person we had last winter was SO awesome it was hard to think about anyone comparing, but the person we like best is cool. She's a 17 year old who lives close enough to walk here. The 2nd choice was a mom who has an 8 year old and she was great, but I'd rather have someone who doesn't have parenting opinions of their own in my house.

Does anyone have any ideas about cupholders for kids in Britax carseats? I just realized the one I ordered won't have one and that was something I was looking forward to about a new car seat for Delia. Right now we use sippy cups or SIGG bottles in the car and she just keeps it in the seat with her, but a cupholder or two would be so great for holding snacks or other stuff.

All the gender announcements are exciting! I can't beleive we are so far along already. I'm 19 weeks now and still forget I'm pregnant a lot. Too much else to think about I think.
#37 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

bump
#38 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 AM

What does bump mean??

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#39 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
What does bump mean??
means that the thread was dying and about to go off the bottom of the page, the only way to bring it back to the top, and back to people's attention is to "bump" it back up by posting in it.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#40 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 07:42 PM

hmm well can't let a good thread die now can we

i've been awol on here lately, went home to my mother's this weekend--stupid idea. all they ever do is make me !! When i got back, my mom called me and was talking about xmas, what we planned to do etc.. I'm thinking "yeah right". the last time my dad spoke to me was two weeks ago, and among other things he said that this baby isn't his grandchild, my DP is a punk, and I'm not his daughter anymore. i reminded my mother of this, and she laughed it off, saying i was too sensitive! i hung up on her. :

We finally got fed up with the school system and pulled Ian out last week. He is thrilled to death, lol--so far, I am letting him just veg out, sleep in, and generally decompress--and he's a different kid completely. More cheerful, not whiney and angry toward his sister so much, it's great

i've generally just had a stab of emotions lately, spent a decent part of yesterday crying about...umm...i wasn't even sure! but talking on the phone to DP helps tremendously :

He has to stay in Germany til he can get his surgery done there, hopefully ASAP, so as soon as that's scheduled I'm buying a plane ticket...going out of country for the first time in my life, alone and pregnant heh. That should be interesting. But his surgery is scary stuff--he's got a brain tumor, and recovery will probably take longer than i can even stay there with him--but I wouldn't dream of letting him deal with that alone.

In other news, an OLD friend from when i was 16 randomly found me, and we talked on the phone yesterday. I had let the friendship die b/c to be perfectly honest, she seemed like a train wreck waiting to happen, her life was so messed-up. Well, she's doing AMAZINGLY well now--went to college, bought a house, finally came out and is in a great relationship, is taking great care of her two kids, and omg she's even crunchy. LOL.

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#41 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 PM

Wow, Krystal, that's really scary about the brain tumor. I hope that everything goes okay with the surgery. It's wonderful of you to want to be there to help him through it. I've been to Germany before. I wrote to my mom when I was there and told her I may never come home, I loved it so much.

I'm sure your dad will come around eventually. It's sad how some people totally personalize another person's decisions. Why can't they just find it in their hearts to be happy that you are happy and to realize that this is your life and you are making decisions based on what you need as an individual. NOt based on what society thinks is the "right" way to do things. My sister is going through an experience right now where she is feeling the pangs of judgement being thrown at her from all sides. It's sad, because she is honestly doing what is making her happy and people can't see past the "abnormal-ness" of her situation. (hee hee, I just made up a word, abnormal-ness, I'm a dork.) I hope things start to work themselves out for you soon, hon.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#42 of 42 Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 PM

thanks this is actually his 2nd brain tumor, he had one removed two years ago, and apparently it came back. it's fluid-based, stress-triggered and not cancerous or anything, but it's pretty huge too. so yeah, it's scary. he could have had it done in the US under his dad's military medical, but they were taking their sweet time and wanted to fly him to washington to do it! so, long story short, he's got to have this taken care of before he can come back to the states and we can get started with our lives together....whew!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page