My husband is Dave
Our son is Steven

Girls names: Juliana, Michaela, Nicole
Boys: William, Matthew
#62 of 82 Old 01-26-2007, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been shamelessly trolling this thread to steal a name....but I still like mine better. And no, I'm not telling what it is, because I know there are other people out there just like me. Muhhahaha. But it's somewhere on the social security top 1000 list for 2005, so if anyone needs any ideas, just look there.
#63 of 82 Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, what about a middle name with Henry? Do you guys have ideas? Did I say my options so far? Hanlon (my maiden name, but kind of lame to have two Hs in a row and my daughter's middle name is the same so I don't NEED it at all). Or Abraham - I just love the name and it goes well with Henry "feel"-wise. Or Jay - I feel like this is kind of a cop-out, like it's a non-name. ROFL I got the idea from Homer Simpson - his middle name is Jay and all his life he didn't know what it was, he just knew it was J. So funny to find out it's Jay. The only thing is my dad and my FIL both have names that start with J so that would sort of work.

I am seeing so many amazing names! It'll be so fun to hear about the babies to go with them!

Forgot to say Sebastian is an awesome name. First of all, Sebastian Bach!!! Second of all, it has really fun short names, which I usually try to avoid. But Seb, Sebby, and Bas (pronounced more like Baz) are really cool I think. And Sebastian Dee, especially, sounds like SUCH a rock star.
#64 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 AM

I am trying to figure out names right now and have no idea since we used the only girls name I had picked out ages ago on my DD.I guess I'll have to lurk in a bookstore.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#65 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 12:52 AM

We've got the names, but they'll stay a secret. Besides, I have to make sure that the name fits the baby.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#66 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
Or Jay - I feel like this is kind of a cop-out, like it's a non-name. ROFL I got the idea from Homer Simpson - his middle name is Jay and all his life he didn't know what it was, he just knew it was J. So funny to find out it's Jay. The only thing is my dad and my FIL both have names that start with J so that would sort of work.

That's where we got our son's middle name : (It's a bonus that my husband's name is Jason and I call him Jay a lot)

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#67 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 05:55 PM

I think I'm ready to share our baby girls name........I'm NOT telling anyone in real life though! Her 1st name will be Eylse. We LOVE it and it will fit with my other girls names too.

Emily, Henry was one of our top choices if this was a boy the middle name would have been Joseph. I LOVE the way Henry Joseph sounds and they are strong names. Joseph was my uncles name who passed away and he didn't have any kids and asked me to name my son Joseph after him. It makes me sad I'll never be able to use it but my Brother and SIL did so that helps.

I love reading everyone's names and I love that no-one has picked Eylse too!! LOL
#68 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Still on the fence, but this is where we are:

(Girl) Sabra Marie--pronounced SAY-bruh, and I hope to God people realize that. This is DH's preference.

Zara--my preference, but I don't think I'm gonna win this one. We were set on Sabra for about 10 years.

(Boy) Adric(k?)--still doesn't have a middle name. Ian sounds great, but DH hates that name, for some reason, probably the popularity of it. We got it from overhearing a guy give his name in a restaurant. What an exciting story to tell him when he's older.

I LOVE AUGUST!!! I'll throw it out there when DH is in an agreeable mood.
#69 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanEarthMom View Post
I feel so mainstream!

My name is Mary
My husband is Dave
Our son is Steven

Girls names: Juliana, Michaela, Nicole
Boys: William, Matthew
My kids names are pretty mainstream, too.
Nicholas, Victoria, Christopher, Dominic and this baby could be Katey.
#70 of 82 Old 01-27-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellesmommy View Post
I've been shamelessly trolling this thread to steal a name....but I still like mine better. And no, I'm not telling what it is, because I know there are other people out there just like me. Muhhahaha. But it's somewhere on the social security top 1000 list for 2005, so if anyone needs any ideas, just look there.
No name stealing! I only shared because I trusted everyone to not take the name we have picked :

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#71 of 82 Old 01-28-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I got the idea from Homer Simpson - his middle name is Jay and all his life he didn't know what it was, he just knew it was J. So funny to find out it's Jay. The only thing is my dad and my FIL both have names that start with J so that would sort of work.

I am seeing so many amazing names! It'll be so fun to hear about the babies to go with them!

Forgot to say Sebastian is an awesome name. First of all, Sebastian Bach!!! Second of all, it has really fun short names, which I usually try to avoid. But Seb, Sebby, and Bas (pronounced more like Baz) are really cool I think. And Sebastian Dee, especially, sounds like SUCH a rock star.
Thanks! I like it too! I totally thought of the Simpsons episode about Homer J. Simpson standing for Jay. I love it! I think Dee is cool for that reason, even more than because it's my Dh's and FIL's middle name! I think Sebby will end up being his nickname, my friends are already starting to say it!

I like Henry Abraham. I think that sounds really good together.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#72 of 82 Old 01-28-2007, 01:40 AM

Posey Grace
or
Whalen Thomas

That is all subject ot change on our whim and what the baby comes out liiking like, but we have liked them for a while now.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#73 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 02:41 AM

Oooh, I LOVE the name Posey. Very cute.

I know someone named Christie - it's that way on her birth certificate. So I think that's OK to name someone Katie, or just Kate (for when she's older) and call her Katie when she's younger.

Joseph is my dad's middle name so that would work, but my FIL might feel a little left out. Jay is growing on me, and Abraham does sound good. My mom was down on Abraham, mostly just because there's no family connection.

I like Elyse too!

And it is really fun to see everyone else's ideas, and love their names, but still not want to change what I've chosen, you know?
#74 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
No name stealing! I only shared because I trusted everyone to not take the name we have picked :
Amen!

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
#75 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post

I also really like the name Kermit (but also not the association- I should talk. . .)
The association makes me think of another name I like for it's own merits- Grover. Very cool
If you look at the baby name wizard for those they were really popular at the turn of the century, and both disapear in 1980. LOL
It's funny, but the other name we were thinking of before we decided on Kermit for this one was either Seamus Grover or Seamus Gonzo. My DP was trying to work Kermit into one of these names and at one point, he said "Seamus Gonzo Kermit T.? OH, no, that's way too many muppets.." Obviously we don't have a problem with our children's names being associated with muppets (but there is a limit).
#76 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fioner View Post
Obviously we don't have a problem with our children's names being associated with muppets (but there is a limit).
I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh!
#77 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
So, what about a middle name with Henry? Do you guys have ideas? Did I say my options so far? Hanlon (my maiden name, but kind of lame to have two Hs in a row and my daughter's middle name is the same so I don't NEED it at all). "
My soon to be 3-year-old is Henry Elijah. I love love his name.
#78 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 04:40 PM

Hi all,

I have a problem. My DH and I cannot agree on a name. We are expecting baby #6 and this is our deal......we are the proud parents of .........
BRIANNE, BRENNA, BRAYDEN, BRODY AND BRECKEN
I loved the name Briley for a girl, but now that we know it is a girl, Dh doesn't like that name anymore.

The only other girl name that I like is Avery????? But can I change the pattern this far into the game?????? Thanks for any advice

Kimberly: mom to

Brianne, Brenna, Brayden, Brody, and Brecken Baby #6 due in May
#79 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbarn5 View Post
But can I change the pattern this far into the game?????? Thanks for any advice
The rebel in me says YES! (We're probably going to throw our baby naming "rules" out the window this time, too.)

BUT, with that kind of a pattern, the OCD in me would NOT be happy!
#80 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 05:19 PM

I thought we had a name, but I changed my mind. I think. I don't know.
#81 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fioner View Post
we don't have a problem with our children's names being associated with muppets (but there is a limit).

The Muppets ruined some good names for us. I love, love, love the name Oscar, but DH refuses because of Oscar the Grouch. Come to think of it, I like Grover and Kermit too, but they are not options for us because of the Muppets.
#82 of 82 Old 01-29-2007, 08:55 PM

jkbarn5: What about Breleigh? Or is that the same pronounciation as Briley? Or I say have a rebel and give her a name with a different letter!!!

I'm still sticking with Kambria...a miracle after four days!

Pam

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page