Three more months, seriously!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's not really that bad, but I honestly feel way more pregnant than six months. All of a sudden. I'm bumping into everything. I'm feeling and seeing movement ALL the time - I don't know how I can live with that for three more whole months!

I don't feel gigantic (or as my daughter says: guymantic) really. I can't explain it. But I find myself on my hands and knees a lot, or just wanting to lie down a LOT, just to be comfortable. Like there's not enough room in there for this baby sometimes. I remember feeling like this last time, but not until like 8.5 months!!!

At least I have a laptop so I can still work. At the moment I'm in bed on my knees and elbows with pillows under my chest. Maybe setting my computer up at a table would be a good idea! LOL Never thought of that until just this minute. I have a workbench I stand at to pack/ship orders, but my feet hurt after too much standing (unless I wear my good shoes and put my squishy floor panels over the carpet LOL).
#2 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:25 PM

i hear you, mama!!! I had to pull a double shift this weekend and worked standing on my feet for 11 straight hours. I seriously felt like I was going to die. And laying in bed that night was torture, too. It hurt more to let my body relax, ugh. I can't belive that we still have three months left. I'm getting so big already. And I'm getting to the point where some of my under the belly maternity pants are bugging me so much. I hate maternity clothes right now. And to think that I'm going to get soooooo much bigger still.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#3 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:33 PM

WOW...I just told my husband last night I wasn't going to make it. I didn't start talking like this until the very end with my last one. And she was a week overdue.

Mom of 3.
#4 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Oh man, I know! My belly is so much bigger this time than the others. I can't imagine what it will be like in 2-3 months.
#5 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 07:24 PM

hehehehe.....guess I'm in the minority here--not that I'm not SUPERuncomfortable already --but i have so much other stuff to deal with I feel like this pregnancy is flying by and I'm missing it.

I do worry a bit tho, cause I'm already feeling that urge to suck in what's left of my abs so I can give my poor stretched-out bellybutton a few seconds' comfort!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#6 of 23 Old 02-05-2007, 10:47 PM

I feel the same way. I feel so huge right now...DH thinks I look as big as I did at 37 weeks with DS2. I certainly hope not...because I have another 10 weeks before I'm 37 weeks. I also feel like the baby has dropped lower--not even sure if that is possible, this early, but I get some very strange movement sensations in my pelvic bone region. Like the baby's head is already down and moving around! Today I was so uncomfortable and swollen and laid in bed for a really really long time (which is very unusual for me...I'm usually up all day).
#7 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah - Saturday night the baby was really low for me and I was groaning getting in and out of the car. Luckily it's not down there anymore! I've been doing lots of butt-in-air time to keep it higher up. And, no heartburn lately so that's a good thing!

I got a few hours of peace this afternoon, and then it started up again tonight. I feel so bad complaining about my baby's movement - it is really fun to feel it, but it's just constant and so ... violent sometimes! Tonight I told my husband I wished I could give him the baby for a few hours. LOL It's weird constantly talking about it too, like talking about something no one else can see, feel, or do anything about, so what's the point?
#8 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
DH thinks I look as big as I did at 37 weeks with DS2.
Yeah, my dh has said the same thing (except it wasn't 37 weeks, it was "when I gave birth".) Why does he feel the need to say such things?!?!?!?

Oh, my favorite is how he described me as "massively pregnant". :

He's not usually so insensitive. I weigh much less now than I have in like 10 years too!
#9 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 04:23 AM

:

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#10 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 12:03 PM

One woman (who has no kids) walked into my office yesterday and said "So, how big are you going to get?" : Um, if you're trying to be funny, it's NOT WORKING!!! *sigh*

Some days I feel as big as a house, other days I feel like I could almost hide it still, especially in the morning. By evening every day I just want to lay in bed, rest and be waited on hand and foot (and belly!).

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#11 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM

so glad to see this post. My hubby keeps exclaiming look how big you are, and i feel big. . he is totally amazed that my body is doing this and is very sweet, but i can't help feeling, we have such a long way to go yet LOL this is my first so it is all very surprising and new.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#12 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM

I work with several spanish speaking men and women and lately they have found it really amusing to call me "gordita." I don't think anything makes me more annoyed than being called fat!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#13 of 23 Old 02-06-2007, 10:55 PM

I've begun to notice that it is hard to tie my shoes and bend over to pick stuff up, because I have a belly in the way. My back aches ALL THE TIME!!! 3 months seams like a very long time to me as well, and it is just going to keep getting more and more uncomfortable.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#14 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I've begun to notice that it is hard to tie my shoes and bend over to pick stuff up, because I have a belly in the way. My back aches ALL THE TIME!!! 3 months seams like a very long time to me as well, and it is just going to keep getting more and more uncomfortable.
I haven't tied my shoes in weeks. I gave up.

And some guy at work has decided to call me "preggers". people have no tact.

#15 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I haven't tied my shoes in weeks. I gave up.
I try to wear my slippers more and more because of it! (Wishing it were warmer so I could just wear flip-flops)

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#16 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

I dug out my loose slip-on sheepskin boots so I can just slip them on barefoot - don't even have to put socks on! Then I have some slippers I wear around the house.

I complained to my friend today and she laughed in my face. LOL She was like "you have so long to go!" I KNOW!!! But I am functioning pretty well, and very little pain. Between being a mom and working as efficiently as possible, I'm lying down all I possibly can. When I do cook, I'm making huge quantities so we have plenty of leftovers. And of course lots of take out...

I have a massage scheduled for Friday! I'm so excited!
#17 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 AM

I am starting to get really uncomfrontable now too...I don't have three months left because I will be having a c-sec between 37 and 38 weeks but am still thinking I have a really long time to go I am trying to enjoy it though because I know I will never be pregnant again. But man do I hurt. My pelvic bone feels like it is going to rip open, my back hurts, and I am starting to swell. Not to mention I still have morning sickness sometimes and am hungry all the time so I bet I have gained a ton in the last 4 weeks (we shall see on Thursday). Hugs mamas!:
#18 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I work with several spanish speaking men and women and lately they have found it really amusing to call me "gordita." I don't think anything makes me more annoyed than being called fat!!!
ohhh that would push me over the edge... !!!

#19 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i feel like a house. I can no longer see my feet, which makes the little lego's on the floor so much more fun to step on! I am huge this time around, more so than any other. I figure worst comes to worst I will just buy a tent and wear that. then I will at least be functional. DH is great, he takes good care of me but if one more person calls me fat i swear I will kick them with my swollen dumpling feet. : this is my last baby...i think. Dh was talking about maybe one more. I laughed. I really did think he was joking but i guess I hurt his feelings. oops.
I have discovered true love! yes, it is in the name of the bacon mushroom melt at Wendy's yes its terrible for you. way high in sodium but ohhhhh man its AMAZING!!!!!
ok so im off to nap with the toddler. I need the sleep. i actually did something today. i did laundry! I RAWK

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#20 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I complained to my friend today and she laughed in my face. LOL She was like "you have so long to go!" I KNOW!!! But I am functioning pretty well, and very little pain. Between being a mom and working as efficiently as possible, I'm lying down all I possibly can. When I do cook, I'm making huge quantities so we have plenty of leftovers. And of course lots of take out...
Yeah! Besides the shoes, and the occassional winded feeling when I go up a long flight of stairs, I'm doing pretty darned good too. I'm rarely sore, not too tired, staying fairly healthy... I just don't like bending over to tie my shoes. BUT, I do bend over twice a day to get the dog dish out of the crate to feed him AND twice more to put it back! And yoga once a week.

We're trying not to eat out too much, just because it's so expensive, but we do once, sometimes twice, a week. One really bad week not too long ago we ate out 4 nights in a row!

#21 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 03:57 PM

I feel a lot of the things you are feeling, but I can't believe its *only* 3 more months. Where did all those months go? I feel like we're just starting this and now we're in the final stretch! I think I'm in my 3rd trimester now, and that just blows my mind!

At night I get that "I am completely out of room for this kid" feeling. Its like my belly gets bigger as the day goes on. I get out of breath going up stairs, and getting up off the floor is pretty fun to watch. I am really excited to meet this little guy, and I am in awe of how fast this pregnancy has blown by!
#22 of 23 Old 02-07-2007, 07:30 PM

I know what you mean.

I am starting to feel huge. The other day I was reaching into our insanly high cupboard and my tummy knocked over a glass and it broke on the floor.

I am having trouble tying my shoes now and turning over in bed.

Ah, the joys of pregnancy!
#23 of 23 Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 AM

silly me. tried painting my toenails this morning

not too smart of an endeavor...they're a bit messy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page