will this baby stop wiggling!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else with an extremely active babe? my first was a wiggle worm, my second was very mellow but this one is insanely active! yesterday i can barely remember a time when i wasn't aware of flipping & kicking from morning until night. i'm starting to worry that i'm going to have another sleep resistant baby like dd1. yikes!

stephanie asl.gif

#2 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 01:34 PM

I am on my 3rd wiggle worm! Yesterday I actually had an hour where she wasn't wiggling and I noticed, it is rare. My friends keep asking me if I am OK because I always have my hand on my belly. I say, I'm fine she is just moving around. She is always shoving her bottom in my ribs, stretching, rolling and kicking. Both of my boys were very easy babies though. I can hope for the best this time too.
#3 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

jenny...good to hear that your boys were easy babies even though they were active, in utero! i'm not sure i could handle another baby like dd1....she slept for minutes at a time, could NOT be put down, cried a lot unless she was nursing which was constantly (day & night) and wasn't truly happy until she was mobile. she started walking at 7.5 months & gave up crawling altogether at 8months & a week. she was a maniac!

stephanie asl.gif

#4 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM

there isn't an hour in the day or night where she doesn't move at least a few times, if not more. my belly morphs and shifts, i think it's fantastic! sometimes i wonder if she's just playing or if she's beginning to get squished. she gets the hiccups now too... if she's this active inside, i can only imagine what it's going to be like once she's here in my arms!
#5 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM

That's interesting, my boys both walked at 10 months...maybe there is a connection? lol... My boys were both very alert as babies and are super smart kids, if I do say so myself! They were busy toddlers but didn't really get into everything like some kids I have seen. Their personalities are completely different now though. I can't wait to meet this one. I have nightmares of her being the most difficult baby & toddler ever...haha.. I guess I am just thinking I got lucky with my others and my luck may have run out.
#6 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 03:56 PM

this one isnt so much a wiggle worm more so the gymnastic type. lots of rolls and rub kind of movements.

my last however was a wiggle worm. I swear there were days I was waiting for him to come ripping through my skin onto my lap. LOL
he was a very mello but alert baby. he is a busy BUSY toddler but he is very sweet.

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#7 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 PM

This one wiggles and squirms and stretches and kicks ALL day long. But as soon as mom lays down for bed baby settles in and has a nice long sleep all night and doesn't kick hard enough to feel until I have my cup of tea in the morning. I hope it's an indication of what is to come! I can handle having a baby that sleeps more at night than during the day!!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#8 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 PM

At my last midwife appointment she told me about monitoring fetal movements, and that if I got concerned about a lack of movement I should sit down, eat a large meal, then put both hands on my stomach and I should be able to feel 5 movements within one hour.

I don't even know what it would be like to only feel 5 movements in one hour! I don't think this little monster has gone longer than 10 minutes without kicking or rolling or stretching!
#9 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I am so grateful for the near constant movement as if I didn't have it I'd really get nervous. I just wish I could remember how active DD was. I don't remember feeling discomfort when she stretched and kicked, like I do with this one. But it's more that she just keeps kicking me right under the ribs, which is a ticklish spot.

ILANA
#10 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM

I was reading in one of my pregnancy books a week or so ago. It said that your partner "may" be able to feel the baby move now if they put their hand on your stomach. I had to laugh out loud. Hubby can watch my stomach morf into all sorts of shapes when baby is moving. My whole bed shakes sometimes when she is kicking and she kicks dh when we are sleeping.
#11 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Never mind.
#12 of 15 Old 03-16-2007, 07:58 PM

my husband jokes around all the time saying it looks like the movie "alien" going on in my tummy!
#13 of 15 Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 AM

My DD is defnitely a constant squirmer! Sometimes she shakes my whole belly! She has also gotten into the habit of jamming her foot (or fist, or elbow, not sure!) under my rib cage so it hurts when I bend over.

Question though, can your babes tell when someone else puts your hand on your belly? DD will be kicking and squirming away and as soon as DH puts his hand on me to feel it she stops! Even funnier is that he fell asleep with his hand on my belly and as soon as he started snoring she started up again! I think she is already messing with her Daddy....
#14 of 15 Old 03-17-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsanti View Post
I was reading in one of my pregnancy books a week or so ago. It said that your partner "may" be able to feel the baby move now if they put their hand on your stomach. I had to laugh out loud. Hubby can watch my stomach morf into all sorts of shapes when baby is moving. My whole bed shakes sometimes when she is kicking and she kicks dh when we are sleeping.
Yeah, no kidding, same here. And DH can hear the baby's heartbeat when he puts his ear on my belly and we are really quiet.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#15 of 15 Old 03-17-2007, 01:43 PM

(feels like) nonstop here!!! #1 moved less often but was so rough, always REALLY hurting me..he is still that way and is a nonsleeper highneeds baby. This has been such an easy pregnancy, right now I'm like what?? How on earth can I be this far along I feel so good.. the baby moves all the time but is a lot gentler and I'm taking it as a sign that I'll have a gentle easy baby #2 who WON'T make me want to die from sleep deprivation. Heheh DH has complete night duty for #1 now that I am so far along, he's too much for me and sleeps better (more soundly) with DH anyway.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page