Spinoff Poll: Are you planning on co-sleeping full-time... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: Are you planning on co-sleeping full-time once your baby is here?
Yes, the baby will sleep in my bed with me every night. 30 53.57%
Most of the time, but we also have a... (please indicate!) 15 26.79%
No, the baby will be sleeping in a bassinet or basket in our room. 5 8.93%
No, the baby will be sleeping in a baby hammock in our room. 1 1.79%
No, the baby will sleep in a bassinet or crib in his/her own room. 3 5.36%
Other (please specify!) 2 3.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 03-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We'll be doing whatever works for us. DH is building a co-sleeper for me, and that is where babe will spend at least part of the time at night. I have RLS and am a VERY fitful sleeper, so I think it's best for babe to be out of the bed. We also have a crib but I don't see it getting much use for at least the first 6 months, maybe for naps, but not much else. After that... well, depends on baby and us!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#32 of 44 Old 03-17-2007, 06:32 PM

We will co-sleep through most of the night. We have a co-sleeper that she will start out in b/c I'm sure she will go to bed before us. Then once she wakes up she'll be w/ us like the other 2 girls.

I agree w/ the pp about that is the best thing about AP. You don't need all that junk and your baby can sleep anywhere b/c you are there. We have a friend who couldn't go anywhere b/c her dd couldn't sleep w/out her bed? We could and can go anywhere b/c we just put baby right where she usually is at our house.

As for naps we will have a pack and play for down stairs but I'm not sure how much use it will get b/c like a few others I just put dd #2 down on the couch. But we will see what works best for baby.

we do have a really nice crib that we got when dd #2 was a baby but we aren't even putting it up until we'll use it as a toddler bed. No use taking up room w/ a crib when baby won't even sleep there!
#33 of 44 Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM

We co-sleep part of the time and the other times baby will be next to our bed in a bassinett.
#34 of 44 Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 PM

I will probably co-sleep, like I did with the last two.
#35 of 44 Old 03-18-2007, 11:15 PM

Most likely yes, we still cosleep with our toddler, so our sleeping arrangement will probably be either wall, baby me, DD and then DH or switch baby for DD.
#36 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 AM

yes. we have a huge place so we will be fine.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#37 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
We've always co-slept from the beginning and plan to do so this time as well. However, I'm really grasping at straws to try to find something that the babe will sleep in occassionally so I can get some rest myself. Especially as she gets a little older and for naps during the day. Our last babe and co-sleeping left me a frazzled, exhausted mess so I'm hoping to do some preventative work on that this time.
Do you have a papasan chair? My daughter LOVED napping in the papasan.

Pictorial evidence.
#38 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
Do you have a papasan chair? My daughter LOVED napping in the papasan.

Pictorial evidence.
Woah, that thing would take up my entire living room?

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!

Hm, I guess that maybe I won't bother getting the hammock then...? Seems pretty likely baby would just end up in my bed anyway... but now I have to decide whether to get something else to put baby down in if I have to....! Ack... : ...How do babies feel about the floor? LOL
#39 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittn View Post
we have a bassinet. it was given to us. we will use it for when i need the baby to be somewhere safe and every once in a while when the baby sleeps. but really the baby is on me 98% of the time anyway
This is exactly the way I did it with DS, but there are times it's nice to have the bassinet.
#40 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Dd1 co-slept until she was 7months old and then she slept in a crib in her room. There were many night she was back in bed with me (she had asthma pretty bad and was hospitalized a couple times, so I wanted her close). She LOVED her crib and stayed in it until we moved and had to stay with my sister (no room for a crib) when she was 2 1/2. She co-slept until she was maybe 3...3 1/2? I can't really remember to well, but there was a period of time she slept on a mattress next to our bed.

Dd2 has never slept a night without me or dh or both. She has never seen the inside of a crib I don't have an opinion about co-sleeping, but with dd2 it worked for us. She's a different child than her sister and she is terrified of sleeping alone and I won't force her to.

This baby? Between me, dh, and dd2....there's no room for a baby and I'm scared of the thought...where would he go? I'd love for dd2 to start sleeping in her own bed, but that's just not happening anytime soon. So there's a crib in our room that I plan to have him sleep in. In the early days he'll probably be in a bassinet right next to our bed so I can get to him easily. I feel good about this arrangement
#41 of 44 Old 03-19-2007, 02:01 PM

I'm hoping to have a sidecar setup since our bed is not even a queen. There is barely room for my husband and I to cosleep with each other.

Though I do feel a little guilty that the dog sometimes sneaks up in there... But dog can get herself out the way when he are thrashing about.
#42 of 44 Old 03-20-2007, 04:23 PM

We've been sleeping with katelynn in our bed since day one. We just got her a twin bed and transformed our spare bedroom/office into Katelynn's very own room. She'll be two in June. Just last week she started sleeping in her very own bed. We only have a queen bed in our room so we figured we needed to make some space for the new baby. We'll probably keep the baby in our bed until around age two as well.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#43 of 44 Old 03-20-2007, 05:05 PM

I have coslept with all of my kids to one extent or another, so I just voted for straight cosleeping. I suppose it will totally depend on the temperment of this baby and how well she does sleeping in bed with Mommy, Daddy, and one of her big sisters.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#44 of 44 Old 03-20-2007, 06:35 PM

My 21-month-old DD has always slept in the same bed as us at all times. The new baby will simply join us, as will all of our future babies. My DH and I have no intention of telling the kids when it's time for them to leave the family bed. We'll be leaving that up to them and I'm pretty sure just a few years down the road they'll prefer to sleep in their own room (saying that I love sleeping with DD so much I'll be sad to see her go )

Julia, unschooling mum to Gemma (5), Benny (3) and Dom (1)joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page