Leg cramp that still hurts the next day? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my first wicked leg cramp last night in my calf, but even today it still hurts when I walk around or push on that spot. I remember having many of them with dd, but they never hurt the next day, so I find this a little weird. I find I ignore symptoms far too often, so I wanted to ask and see if I should look into this or if it's probably just a pulled muscle or something. I did do a fair amount of walking around yesterday, so that might be it, although I generally walk a lot, so it seems weird that I would suddenly pull a muscle.

Any ideas?
#2 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 02:52 PM

Charlie Horse

Are they wonderful?
#3 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 04:12 PM

That happened to me once or twice last pg. I think if you just get a leg cramp that tenses your muscle so much it's like you over-exerted your muscle... so you feel it the next day sort of like you'd done some crazy exercising or something.
#4 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 PM

I haven't had any yet this time (knocking on everything wood I can find) but when I get them (pregnant or not) I always feel them the next day. I had one start to come up earlier this week but was able to flex it out before it hit because I was still awake. It's the ones that wake you up in the middle of the night that kill me.
#5 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 06:51 PM

It's definitly normal to feel after effects the day after a bad muscle cramp.

The time to be concerned over leg pain would be if the pain were severe (not just achy) and red and or hot. That could indicate a blood clot. It sounds to me like your's isn't that though.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#6 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
The time to be concerned over leg pain would be if the pain were severe (not just achy) and red and or hot. That could indicate a blood clot. It sounds to me like your's isn't that though.
That's exactly what I was concerned about. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

It's pretty much fine now, still hurts if I push on the area, but doesn't ache when I walk so I think I'm going to live
#7 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 10:37 PM

You just gave me a flashback to my last pregnancy! I had forgotten about those and been lucky enough not to have any yet this time. I always had some muscle pain the next day. It should be mostly gone by tomorrow.
#8 of 8 Old 03-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
OH Yes I can relate...my can be sore for several days. My theory behind the cramps is this...I get enough potassium so that should not be the problem. But I have already had lots of contractions. So I believe, that my body is getting depleted from the contractions. I try to stay hydrated but it has not helped until I started drinking a Gatorade a day. Know the craps are not daily / nightly and not as severe. Could be all in my head just know it works for me.

Heidi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page