We need a fluff thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only have had the one kid, but yeah I was totally happy then sad happy then sad for a few weeks after he was born.

Where are you right now? What are you sitting on? What's your posture like?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#62 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Where are you right now? What are you sitting on? What's your posture like?
I'm sitting on my couch w/ my laptop. Oh, I'm sitting on my left foot too. I've been really bad about my posture but lately I'm getting better w/ sitting up straight (no leaning back) and walking straighter too.

Whats your favorite peace of clothing right now?
#63 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Ooh timely, I just spent a little money at the maternity consignment store earlier. My new favorite item of clothing is a pair of brown maternity capri cargo pants.

What's your most unusual pregnancy symptom?
#64 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 AM

Hmmm, how about lack of a lot of the symptoms? I'm 35 weeks (WOO HOO!!! I'M 35 WEEKS!!!!) and I still don't have to pee in the middle of the night except maybe 1-2 times per week when I drink a lot of water right before bed. I'm amazingly pain/discomfort free for some reason, although I'm beginning to think it's because I've laid off the carbs in a big way lately. My hair isn't especially luscious and thick (that's because I'm not taking prenatal vitamins I'm pretty sure). Lots of other stuff. (Man, I should take video of my belly right now - it's going nuts in there!)

What is the nicest thing your partner has said to or done for you lately?
#65 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
Hmmm, how about lack of a lot of the symptoms? I'm 35 weeks (WOO HOO!!! I'M 35 WEEKS!!!!) and I still don't have to pee in the middle of the night except maybe 1-2 times per week when I drink a lot of water right before bed. I'm amazingly pain/discomfort free for some reason, although I'm beginning to think it's because I've laid off the carbs in a big way lately. My hair isn't especially luscious and thick (that's because I'm not taking prenatal vitamins I'm pretty sure). Lots of other stuff. (Man, I should take video of my belly right now - it's going nuts in there!)

What is the nicest thing your partner has said to or done for you lately?
He sent me to bed early one night this week.

Are you 100% positive on the name(s) you have picked out and why/how do you know?
#66 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'm rarely 100% sure of anything, especially decisions that don't really matter(like names). I'll have to wait to meet this kid before he really becomes Mickey Blaise. Who know's maybe he'll be Burger McQueen

What are your plans for the day?

~laura
#67 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 09:55 AM

We haven't really picked names out yet! Dh and I just discussed this last night too. For some reason I am not worried. We have talked about names but just haven't come to certain agreement or narrowed it down really. We don't know what we are having either. Last night I had a dream that my water broke too early..... maybe we should get crackin!

Not sure if this has been asked yet....

What have you done to pamper yourself this pregnancy? I have had lots of massages and also go to the chiro regularly. I wouldn't normally go as often but I want to beable to stand upright!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#68 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 09:56 AM

i've got an appointment with my midwife at noon and i think we're all (dh, me, and the 2 kiddo's) going to go. then i think we'll go to the zoo afterwards. later tonight, either my MIL is going to watch the littles so dh and i can do something or we're going to eat dinner with my MIL (guess which one i'm hoping for )

ummmm, have you chosen the first outfit you're going to put on baby after he or she is born?

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#69 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 AM

I waited too long to post so i'll answer Synchro's question.

I may go visit at a friends house, I'll be running after my toddler, and trying to get more cleaning done. I am currently working in the kitchen. It's getting a total scrub down. Tomorrow my sister is coming over to help me clean! She is awesome!!!

Must be a busy time of morning on here. I tried to "fix" things but I'll just let someone else pick up the slack.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#70 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
ummmm, have you chosen the first outfit you're going to put on baby after he or she is born?
Yes, it's an Under the Nile outfit that is a red and white striped l/s shirt with red footie pants. Jeff says the baby is going to look like, "Where's Waldo?" : (I'm also going to take a nb gown in case the baby is unusually large or small and the outfit just doesn't fit.) The red hat I got to go with it is huge, so I'll probably have to take the little black American Apparel one I got; and I also have a little tiny red NB size sweatshirt from Value Village with a little Big Bird patch on it, that I'm not enormously fond of, but the sweatshirt was brand new looking and only $3 so I bought it anyway. I'll take that too in case it's chilly coming home, but probably not in Vancouver in late May.

What's the last good movie you rented (hey, it's the weekend)?
#71 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
WOW. That is an experience! I sure hope that your first doc there is no longer practicing (I hope his licence was revoked) (OK, I really hope that he was chased out of town with his pants off too, but that's mildly evil).
I can't imagine how sucky that first year of motherhood/sickness must have been.
It's good to hear your uterus is doing well now.
He lost his license the following year. A woman under his care bled to death. He told her to stop whining it was her period.

Heidi
#72 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
What's the last good movie you rented (hey, it's the weekend)?

Okay you said good, I have no idea. We rented FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. I love Christopher Guest. But that movie was a flop. I feel like he should have given us our money back...of course we have enjoyed all ofhis other films immensly so maybe it comes out even.

What is the best thing about being pregnant?

Heidi
#73 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
He lost his license the following year. A woman under his care bled to death. He told her to stop whining it was her period.

Um. Wow. That is just so sad. I can't believe someone like that could even EARN a medical degree and gain clientel. It's crazy. I would like to think that practitioners like that just don't exist. I guess I'd be wrong.

~laura
#74 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What is the best thing about being pregnant?
Having a human within me.

What is the next thing you want to eat?

~laura
#75 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Having a human within me.

What is the next thing you want to eat?
Kraft mac and cheese...particularly the spiral shapes...I have no idea why!

And emotional after birth? I am emotional NOW!

what is the temperature like in your neck of the woods? 70's + in the southeast...
#76 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnipmama View Post
what is the temperature like in your neck of the woods? 70's + in the southeast...
I am in the pacific NW. I think its in the 60's. Everyone but my husband are in t-shirts and jeans.

Heidi
#77 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Heidi this is just sad! I'm glad he lost his license and can no longer hurt any other Moms and baby's. Also I'm in the Pacific NW too!! Its been beautiful here the last two days! I'd like it too warm up a lot but I'll take the sunshine any time we get it!
#78 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

It's in the 80's here. I better hurry up and get the air conditioning on my van fixed or I will surely perish.

What is your very favorite candy of all time?

~laura
#79 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Toblerone candy bars.

What is your LEAST favorite question to answer about your pregnancy right now? (Mine is "How are you feeling?" You don't even want to know people! Shut up and pass the ice cream!
#80 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemamaaz View Post
Toblerone candy bars.

What is your LEAST favorite question to answer about your pregnancy right now? (Mine is "How are you feeling?" You don't even want to know people! Shut up and pass the ice cream!
1) I *knew* it would be toblerone
2) I also hate that question

What is the last magazine you read?

~laura
#81 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
What is the last magazine you read?
btw... I love this thread synchro.. you're so cool.

Last mag I read was Ode!

Do you have any other places you frequent on the web??

I am basically here and on myspace... you can check out my page at www.myspace.com/barakabashad

Grace Comes.

#82 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post

Ditto.

Ebay is about it lately. Sometimes when I need to zone out, I head for Yahoo Games.

Is it wrong to want to duct tape my kids' mouths shut tonight?

J/K. :

What method of b/c (if any) will you use postpartum?
#83 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post

Last mag I read was Ode!

I am basically here and on myspace... you can check out my page at www.myspace.com/barakabashad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
Ditto.

Ebay is about it lately. Sometimes when I need to zone out, I head for Yahoo Games.

Is it wrong to want to duct tape my kids' mouths shut tonight?

J/K. :

What method of b/c (if any) will you use postpartum?

Awww, I'm feeling the love tonight, and I need it thanks :
YAHOO GAMES!!! What's your favorite? I like collapse I haven't played in a long time and it will be a long time before I can again

It is only moderately wrong to duct tape the kids' mouths. Just use masking tape under it and it will be OK.

I'm thinking I want to go a few months with no B/C other than nursing, but I do want to get an IUD. I think the mirena. Whenever the baby starts sleeping longer bouts or if the baby is a pacifier kid then I'll do it sooner rather than later.
I'm not sure if I want a third kid. I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.
ANYway.

If you could get a $50 gift card to anywhere, where would it be?

~laura
#84 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Um. Wow. That is just so sad. I can't believe someone like that could even EARN a medical degree and gain clientel. It's crazy. I would like to think that practitioners like that just don't exist. I guess I'd be wrong.
Well it was almost 17 years ago...hopefully they no longer exist.

Heidi
#85 of 166 Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 PM

Quote:

My doctor is in Crown Hill which is part of Seattle and I had to run to Ballard to our pharmacy afterwards today. I love Ballard and would live there in a minute but it is so $$$$. Anyway, I swear I could smell this restaurant Ray's Boathouse. It smelled so good. Its really $$$ but they do have a cafe for us folks with a medium income. So right now I would go there and not take anyone with me and ben and jerry's afterwards..so can I have two gift certificates?

What baby item could you not live without?

Heidi
#86 of 166 Old 03-31-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Awww, I'm feeling the love tonight, and I need it thanks :
YAHOO GAMES!!! What's your favorite? I like collapse I haven't played in a long time and it will be a long time before I can again

It is only moderately wrong to duct tape the kids' mouths. Just use masking tape under it and it will be OK.

I'm thinking I want to go a few months with no B/C other than nursing, but I do want to get an IUD. I think the mirena. Whenever the baby starts sleeping longer bouts or if the baby is a pacifier kid then I'll do it sooner rather than later.
I'm not sure if I want a third kid. I'm feeling overwhelmed right now.
ANYway

I usually head for Jewel Quest - it's sooooo mindless, but addictive. I do like Collapse though too.

I had the Mirena after the last one and it was horrible - the only time I have ever taken meds for depression, which sucked, so I pulled the Mirena and felt much better. HOWEVER, I have friends who love it (and friends who hate it as much as I do too). It is apparently true though what they say - fertility returns quickly after having it removed .
#87 of 166 Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
My doctor is in Crown Hill which is part of Seattle and I had to run to Ballard to our pharmacy afterwards today. I love Ballard and would live there in a minute but it is so $$$$. Anyway, I swear I could smell this restaurant Ray's Boathouse. It smelled so good. Its really $$$ but they do have a cafe for us folks with a medium income. So right now I would go there and not take anyone with me and ben and jerry's afterwards..so can I have two gift certificates?

What baby item could you not live without?
: Homesick!! My family lives in WWa and we don't make it up there very often. Can I have a gift certificate for plane tickets?

With some of them - tummy drops!! Shoot, I can't think of anything else - I keep thinking of stuff, but then think of ways to work around not having it - like a bouncy seat is nice so you can set them outside the shower, but I've also used the infant carseat for that.

What baby item do you really, really want but haven't gotten yet? (For me, I'm torn between a Moby wrap - just used my own cloth last time, but the Moby wrap seems more friendly - and one of those Sit-n-Stand strollers so that the 2yo can hop on - or NOT.)
#88 of 166 Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

: that the mirena doesn't cause problems :

I want a swing. I should just borrow my friends, but I don't know why I'm hung up on wanting my own it's silly.
I do want a moby wrap too. I reallllllllly want dressers, but I don't know if it counts as a "baby item". Those sit and stand strollers are super cool.

What is the last intellectual activity that you did?

~laura
#89 of 166 Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
I had the Mirena after the last one and it was horrible - the only time I have ever taken meds for depression, which sucked, so I pulled the Mirena and felt much better. HOWEVER, I have friends who love it (and friends who hate it as much as I do too). It is apparently true though what they say - fertility returns quickly after having it removed .

I loved my mirena. The only problem I had was I was one of the first people to get it at the clinic I was going too. All the drs there had them too (all female) anyway, when it came time to remove it, they had cut the strings to small. They knew it was going to be a problem because it had happen to a few of them (the drs). Anyway, you know I have never given natural birth before and my uterus was tipped. It took about 45 minutes to remove it and I had some select words to say during the process. Of course in the whole of things those 45 minutes was little to pay for what I got from it.

Heidi
#90 of 166 Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
:
What is the last intellectual activity that you did?
Hmm helping my 9 year old with his multiplication?

Oh I know, I do all my parents paperwork as most of it makes no sense with regard to medicare etc. So I get the lovely task of going over everything and figuring out why things got paid or not paid etc.

what are your plans for this weekend?

Heidi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page