We need a fluff thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ahhh yes camping.. we are looking forward to family camp trips too, when she is a little older- I am especially excited about showing her Cumberland Island of the coast of Georgia, full of wild horses and pristine beaches... that will be so fun!

Most recent things I purchased are items for the homebirth- some different herbs and tinctures, sitz bath, chux, puddle pads, fresh bottles of H2O2 and receiving blankets, etc. etc... we really have quite an enormous, organized stash for the birth, and I have a real feeling I will end up using nothing- that's ok though, I'll pass the things along to the next homebirthing Mama.

What have you been reading? What's the last film you saw?

Grace Comes.

#122 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 02:23 PM

hehe, i think i bought about half of the total baby stuff I now own just in the past week! Yeah, I'm last-minute on a lot of things. I already had my homebirth supplies ready to go at least... :

I've been reading Harry Potter : lately, along with the thinking woman's guide to a better birth, and I really ought to look at baby name books again Just in case this baby IS a boy, I'd like to be more prepared for that scenario

How much do you get out of the house lately, and what for??

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#123 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mondays and Wednesdays I go to school. Fridays are grocery & errand day.
Those are all the regular things. I am a homebody and I seceretly love weekends when we don't "do" anything.

What's the last food you ate? What's the next food on your agenda?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#124 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 05:28 PM

What's the last food you ate? What's the next food on your agenda?
-
I ate granola last.. I don't know what I'd like to eat next. I just keep drinking juice when I feel hungry because I don't feel like cooking anything!

What should you be doing instead of MDC?

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#125 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post

What should you be doing instead of MDC?
I should be laying down...I really need to get a lap top.

Do you have more energy right now or less energy?

Heidi
#126 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 PM

Depends on the day. A little more than I expected right this minute, a lot less than I need on most days. I probably slept about 50% of yesterday, maybe more.

Sweet pickles or dill?
#127 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Right now dill specifically Clausen Mini dills in case you are asking on a peanut and bread.

what did you have for dinner?

Heidi
#128 of 166 Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Oooh ooh pick me I actually had a good dinner tonight:

Quinoa and avocado salad with banana-mango-hemp sorbet for dessert!

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but if it has it's a good one and I'm interested to see more answers:
Who is the first person you will be calling after the baby is born?
#129 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
Who is the first person you will be calling after the baby is born?
No one, that's hubby's job, especially since I HATE the phone and it's the last thing I'd want to do post-birth. I don't really even care who he calls first. I'd rather it just be the three of us for as long as possible. OK, maybe whomever has the rest of the kids .

When will you take baby out post-birth? If you wait, is it because of germs or because you like to stay home or ?? I've always been one to just get up and go - I defend the baby from invaders while out, but do go out to wherever I want/need to go - usually on the way home from the hospital we stop somewhere .
#130 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 PM

I'll be staying home with the babe for 40 days/40 nights... but that's just cause it feels very inspiring to me, and there's plenty of people who can wait on me hand and foot.

Really, though, if I get antsy I'll definately go out, but except for walking in nature, that's the plan as of right now.
Full Force BabyMoon!!

Grace Comes.

#131 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 12:04 PM

I'll be staying home with the babe for 40 days/40 nights... but that's just cause it feels very inspiring to me, and there's plenty of people who can wait on me hand and foot.

Really, though, if I get antsy I'll definately go out, but except for walking in nature, that's the plan as of right now.
Full Force BabyMoon!!

What are you stocking your fridge/freezer with for post partum cuisine??

Grace Comes.

#132 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
What are you stocking your fridge/freezer with for post partum cuisine??
Um. : Nothing. I am planning on getting a few frozen pizzas (we really really like the Target veggie ones) and having plenty of boxes of mac and cheese and having takeout chineese for a period of time after the baby is born.
That's so horrible.
I don't feel like cooking dinner now, I can't see myself making a lasagna to freeze AND make dinner for the night.

If you found out a really horrible secret about your DH's family that he didn't know would you tell him???????

~laura
#133 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Um. : Nothing. I am planning on getting a few frozen pizzas (we really really like the Target veggie ones) and having plenty of boxes of mac and cheese and having takeout chineese for a period of time after the baby is born.
That's so horrible.
I don't feel like cooking dinner now, I can't see myself making a lasagna to freeze AND make dinner for the night.

If you found out a really horrible secret about your DH's family that he didn't know would you tell him???????
That's pretty much how I feel about it too - though I will add some frozen storebought lasagnas to the freezer. My family actually prefers those to mine.

I'm pretty sure yes. Should I assume that the secret will not permanently injure my DH mentally/emotionally? Anyway, given what he already knows to be true about his family, I don't think much would come as a surprise (oops, I just remembered there may be one secret he doesn't know that I do - don't think he would care that much though - so much that I never thought to mention it to him). Anyway, if it doesn't involve him, definitely yes. Probably in any other case. Especially if he could find out and also find out that I knew and didn't tell him. That would be devastating on top of the upsetting news.

If there were no MDC, where would you go instead?
#134 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
That's pretty much how I feel about it too - though I will add some frozen storebought lasagnas to the freezer. My family actually prefers those to mine.

I'm pretty sure yes. Should I assume that the secret will not permanently injure my DH mentally/emotionally? Anyway, given what he already knows to be true about his family, I don't think much would come as a surprise (oops, I just remembered there may be one secret he doesn't know that I do - don't think he would care that much though - so much that I never thought to mention it to him). Anyway, if it doesn't involve him, definitely yes. Probably in any other case. Especially if he could find out and also find out that I knew and didn't tell him. That would be devastating on top of the upsetting news.

If there were no MDC, where would you go instead?
I think I should add some store bought lasagnas to my list too
Hmmmm. I'm scared to tell :

To answer your question: I'd probably go to the park. LOL. No, er. . .I don't know if I'd be addicted to forums if it weren't for MDC. I really like the forums at www.car-seat.org so if MDC suddenly dissapeared I'd bet I'd stick around there a lot and try to ferret out another attachment parenting and natural birthing community.

If you could magically conjure any one thing, but ONLY one thing at any time whenever you needed it what would it be?

~laura
#135 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 02:32 PM

Scared to tell us or scared to tell DH? Will it make him pi$$ed or sad?
Quote:
If you could magically conjure any one thing, but ONLY one thing at any time whenever you needed it what would it be?
House-cleaning fairy or elf or robot or whatever would do it so I don't have to but that it actually got done - and done well

If you could go back in time to one moment in your life (excluding the birth of a child or a wedding, that's too easy), what would it be?
#136 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Scared to tell us or scared to tell DH? Will it make him pi$$ed or sad?

House-cleaning fairy or elf or robot or whatever would do it so I don't have to but that it actually got done - and done well

If you could go back in time to one moment in your life (excluding the birth of a child or a wedding, that's too easy), what would it be?
I'm scared to tell DH. It will make him both pi$$ed and sad, I think. I'll tell you ladies almost anything ~ his grandfather sexually abused his mom: .

Good answer on what you would conjure!!!

For your question-- Is it to go back and change something or just relive it?

~laura
#137 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I'm scared to tell DH. It will make him both pi$$ed and sad, I think. I'll tell you ladies almost anything ~ his grandfather sexually abused his mom: .

Good answer on what you would conjure!!!

For your question-- Is it to go back and change something or just relive it?
Definitely a tough call (that IS one of the things that happened in DH's family, but also one of the things he knows). After much pondering, I have no idea what I would do. The secret I know, which in retrospect, he might actually know and we've just never discussed it, is much easier than that - his mom cheated on his dad early on in their marriage.

Um, just relive it for this question. Maybe I'll post go back and change as a question later .
#138 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking that I *have* to tell dh. This is a grandfather that we see a few times a year for family events and I don't want to see him anymore (like others in family). Rather, I don't want him to see my children anymore. It might be a tough sell to DH without the knowledge.

OK, to answer the fluff question : I would go back to a brief period of time with an old friend/soul-mate just to be with them again.

Is sushi delicious?

~laura
#139 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Is sushi delicious?
I've only really tried it once and I didn't like the texture of it at all. I do enjoy California rolls, but they're like fake sushi. My boss easily eats sushi 3-4 nights a week. He absolutely loves it.

If you could remove one person from your life completely, who would it be? (Without a death or anything I mean - this is magic)

I would pick my DP's mother.
#140 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_plus_one View Post
If you could remove one person from your life completely, who would it be? (Without a death or anything I mean - this is magic)

I would pick my DP's mother.

Well it would be my husband's mother. He has not spoken to her in 15 years as she is a truly sick sick and evil person. John spent most of his life in a children's home or bounced from one relative to a next. All though she does not have a physical presence in our lives its hard to explain to people like when we go to the dr and they directly ask John about his mother and he says I do not know and its well ask her. It would be just easier to say she is dead. Plus my older boys have been asking questions. We have always kept it to the bear minimum of why dad does not talk to his mother.

What is your favorite dessert?

Heidi
#141 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
What is your favorite dessert?
Cheesecake, the dry kind like Applebee's used to have. Plain, but will also accept with fruit.

If you could go back in time and CHANGE an event in your own life, what would it be?
#142 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Cheesecake, the dry kind like Applebee's used to have. Plain, but will also accept with fruit.

If you could go back in time and CHANGE an event in your own life, what would it be?
I would go back and NOT have cryocautery of the cervix. Maybe my labor with S would have been more normal and I wouldn't be so freaked out right now. Maybe I would have had him on 02/05/2005 which would have also been cool.

What is your dream vehicle?

~laura
#143 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 08:40 PM

A dark purple bug with green fuzzy interior.

What your favorite ice cream?
#144 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Pecan and Praline with caramel (I don't know the real name)

What are you looking forward to this summer?

~laura
#145 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
What are you looking forward to this summer?
Being outside.

what did you have for dinner?

Heidi
#146 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

A glass of kefir and a cup of coffee.

If you could rule any country what country would it be and what kind of ruler would you be?

~laura
#147 of 166 Old 04-03-2007, 10:16 PM

Quote:
If you could rule any country what country would it be and what kind of ruler would you be?
I went to school with a person that now owns his country, literally. He claimed himself king and in 2000 it was recognized by United Nations. At the time we did not even own our house.

Okay I think I would take over the United State. I would make things the way they were no special interest groups, it would be about the democracy and everyone pitching in to run their government...okay I guess that would not be the way it was but I would extend it to everyone. Of course to achieve this I would have to be a dictator for a while.

Do you keep a baby journal?

Heidi
#148 of 166 Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Not really. I keep an online web journal but I update it really sporadically and it's not baby-focused per se. I feel bad because I bought a baby book for my ds and didn't update it after the first few pages. My dd doesn't even have one!

What kind of car do you drive (if any)?
#149 of 166 Old 04-04-2007, 12:19 PM

I drive a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited given to me by my MIL when my dh totaled my other car when I was 8 months pregnant with dd. (what I'm trying to say is don't hate me because I drive an SUV).

Where did you go on your last vacation?

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#150 of 166 Old 04-04-2007, 12:33 PM

i just got back from the "vacation." We went to Illinois. To visit family. That's always what we do for vacation. Last November we went a few hours away and stayed in a hotel one night. That was to pick up a back blade for our tractor. The hotel had a big tub out in the room - first time I've ever stayed in a room like that - but Delia was up until midnight and I was like 15 weeks pregnant anyway so I didn't want to take a super hot bath.

Is it really self-centered of me to want to answer all the questions?! ROFL (no, that's not the question)

What good protein-y (but non-dairy) food have you been eating lately? I need some ideas.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page