I Don't Have money for nursing clothes. Alternatives? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 03-30-2007, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Target did just totally change their nursing bras and tanks selection. I'm liking it. They are on hangers now too instead of in those horrid little boxes.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 PM

I have nursed for 3 years and never owned any nursing clothes at all! I think most of them are ugly and tacky (or at least what I have seen) and was always just as happy to wear what I liked and nurse in that. With the exception of most dresses, everything is nursing clothes IMO!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#33 of 36 Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 PM

I've been nursing DS for almost 4 years and never wore anything special. I just plop the breast over the top of my regular bra, pull the shirt up or down, whichever works best with that shirt. No need to buy anything new.

If you feel the need for specific nursing clothes, I'd check garage sales and consignment stores.
#34 of 36 Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 PM

I have a few bravado bras... other than that, I tend to wear lots of shawls and veils, and if I feel I want coverage, I'll just wrap us both up.

:

Grace Comes.

#35 of 36 Old 03-31-2007, 03:10 AM

I agree with the consensus that nursing clothes are a waste of money in most cases.

For me and my F/G nursing boobs a nursing bra is essential. It depends on your comfort and size for bras.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#36 of 36 Old 03-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Would a Cami with built in support work? I have many because I hate bras! I would much rather have something fancy, but it's just not going to happen unless someone gets them for me. Maybe I can just wear my camis as shirts this summer in the heat...
That's what I wore a lot when I was nursing my little guy. Actually, I live in those regularly anyway!

I never had even a single nursing shirt, just had some nursing bras. I know you said you're broke, but if you can scrape some $ together, both Walmart and Target have a few bras, and I've got a few of them (I think the Walmart ones were like $7 each, and the Target ones more like $11) (tho I suggest you go into a store vs. looking online, the selection and prices seem to be better in-store). I've been using them during this pregnancy, and plan to after Max is born. While I'd love to be able to afford Bravados or something, these work just fine for me so I can't justify paying for something so much more expensive. (Also, I know many people have issues with Walmart and/or Target, but in my experience, when you're broke, you're broke!!!)

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page