The official WATCH THREAD for the First Birth Announcement of the MAY 2007 DDC - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
may 3rd
#62 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM

I'm having lots of anxiety problems and was offered an early induction because of it, but turned it down.
#63 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 06:39 PM

((((((((((hugs!))))))))) I'm sorry about your anxiety. I certainly understand about anxiety. That is one reason I am being induced on May 2nd. I hope you feel better soon Momma. If you want to talk, I am here!
#64 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMommaof3+1 View Post
Wow!! I started getting braxton hicks just reading through this whole thread! I am due May 13th but am being induced May 2nd. At my appointment yesterday, my cervix is soft and almost anterior. Baby is engaged. so we will see if we make it to the May 2nd induction date. what is the sign for April babies? May is Taurus right? How ar April babies? anyone know?
okay Aries is the 21th of march to the 20st of april
isn't taurus the 21 of april to the 21st of may?
then gemini is the 22nd of may to 22june
#65 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM

well honestly I hope I make it all the way to 39+ weeks and with my pregnancy histories I should.
My IF's will be here at 39weeks and I dont want them to miss this birth!
#66 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyc View Post
I just want everyone's little ones to stay in long enough to avoid NICU time and/or for our homebirthers to get their homebirths! So, May 6 it is!

The night I first read this thread, I was having contractions (BH kind, not the full body real labor ones) every 6 minutes for about 45 minutes straight. YIKES! But then they just went away and things went back to normal.

Hopefully, those of us getting some contractions are just getting a nice warm-up!
Now I kinda feel bad for hoping for May 6th just cause the only reason I want that is because 1)it's a sunday 2)it's mother's day and 3)it will be 05/06/07
: As long as I go after. . .um. . .April 14th I'll be 36 weeks. Tho MWs in my state aren't supposed to attend a birth until 37 weeks I wouldn't go to the hospital just to have a 36 weeker so that's when I'm comfortable with. HOLY CRAP. I just realized that's ONLY two weeks away!!!!

:Panic mode setting in/

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#67 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
I think that's right except most I've seen say 21 June for Gemini (I'm 22 June and always a Cancer).

This will be my second Taurus. I also have a Gemini, a Virgo and a Scorpio. Not sure I am quite ready for another Taurus.
#68 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Now I kinda feel bad for hoping for May 6th just cause the only reason I want that is because 1)it's a sunday 2)it's mother's day and 3)it will be 05/06/07
: As long as I go after. . .um. . .April 14th I'll be 36 weeks. Tho MWs in my state aren't supposed to attend a birth until 37 weeks I wouldn't go to the hospital just to have a 36 weeker so that's when I'm comfortable with. HOLY CRAP. I just realized that's ONLY two weeks away!!!!

:Panic mode setting in/

If you're waiting for Mother's Day, you'll have to tack a week onto that (at least in the US) - cuz it's on the 14th this year. I do agree with the Sunday thing though - I'm a Sunday baby and so is my oldest. Still shooting for Cinco de Mayo though!
#69 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM

I'm so excited I'm hoping to have this baby in 2-3 weeks. It'll probably be closer to 4 weeks from now. dd1 was born the day after my due date, dd2 was born 10 days early (I think? I always get confused). I'm shooting for 2 weeks early, but I'd love an April baby since it is my birth month.

I am avoiding May 5. I got my positive pregnancy test on my dad's birthday, and May 5 is the day my dad died. We are naming this baby after my dad, so it would be just TOO weird if he was born on the 5th. PLUS, my best friend is getting married on the 5th and my girls are her flower girls. Dh would have to drive them up alone (its a 5 hour drive) and leave me alone to have this baby I'd love to attend the wedding with a wee baby
#70 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
If you're waiting for Mother's Day, you'll have to tack a week onto that (at least in the US) - cuz it's on the 14th this year. I do agree with the Sunday thing though - I'm a Sunday baby and so is my oldest. Still shooting for Cinco de Mayo though!
I wasn't sure anyone would understand the sunday thing. I was a sunday baby and so is my son. I didn't realize that Mother's day was the 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
I am avoiding May 5. I got my positive pregnancy test on my dad's birthday, and May 5 is the day my dad died. We are naming this baby after my dad, so it would be just TOO weird if he was born on the 5th. PLUS, my best friend is getting married on the 5th and my girls are her flower girls. Dh would have to drive them up alone (its a 5 hour drive) and leave me alone to have this baby I'd love to attend the wedding with a wee baby
My dad died on the 16th. Ugh. I don't want to be in labor then, or maybe I do. I guess it would be Ok either way for me.

~laura
#71 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 PM

Quote:
My dad died on the 16th. Ugh. I don't want to be in labor then, or maybe I do. I guess it would be Ok either way for me.

there's this part of me that feels like having him on the day my dad died would be healing in some way.
#72 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM

I'll take the pressure off the twin moms and go first
Our shower from my coworkers is next Friday, when I'll get the dresser I want for the babe, so next Saturday is fine for me. My dd came when I wanted her to (and has never listened to a thing I've said since ). Maybe this little guy will be just as nice. I can hope anyway, can't I?
#73 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliceinwonderland View Post
I'll take the pressure off the twin moms and go first
Our shower from my coworkers is next Friday, when I'll get the dresser I want for the babe, so next Saturday is fine for me. My dd came when I wanted her to (and has never listened to a thing I've said since ). Maybe this little guy will be just as nice. I can hope anyway, can't I?
What's your "due date"?

~laura
#74 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
Thanks Momma!!
So does anyone have any Aries children? What are they like? Everyone seems to prefer Taurus?? I'm just asking incase I go early!
#75 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks Momma!!
So does anyone have any Aries children? What are they like? Everyone seems to prefer Taurus?? I'm just asking incase I go early!
I have an aries husband I like him
#76 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 11:24 PM

oh and my mom is a taurus and we don't get along at all (although my dd is a taurus and i like her)
#77 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 11:53 PM

My mom is a taurus, and we haven't spoken in well over a year. That's probably because she's mentally ill and refuses to take responsibility for her actions, though, and less because of her being a taurus.

And I'm trying to avoid May 5, while we're mentioning days we want to avoid. My SIL got pregnant a few weeks before I conceived the twins, and May 5 would have been her due date.

ETA: Duh. In my preggo brain I forgot about the part where SIL had a miscarriage back in the end of September. That's why I want to avoid May 5.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#78 of 170 Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man, hugs for your SIL. That's tough.

~laura
#79 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 AM

I have an Aries kid (March 29) and she is as headstrong as the day is long. She is incredibly sweet and nuturing one moment but if you tell her no...look out! She has had no problem telling you what she thinks about something since the day she was born.

I love her though, and wouldn't have her any other way.
#80 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 AM

I don't have an aries or taurus but I have a gemini and he is the sweetest most wonderful child...except when he's not!!! I'm hoping this baby will be a gemini too! I think my Dad is a taurus and we do not get along at all. Dh and I are both scorps and have gemini, cancer, libra, and libra another gem would even it out nicely!

Pam
#81 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 03:11 AM

May 13th is mother's day??

this little one is due May 14th.

Hmmmm.............
My OB thinks he will come early cause he is #6 for me but my last 5 babies have all been past their EDD.

I am guessing the 17th but will accept anything after the 9th.
#82 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks Momma!!
my oldest is an aries. he is thoughtful, laid back and very analytical. he isnt the most forgiving child, and hes kinda lazy ( i never said that) but ohhh soooooooo very lovable

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#83 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 AM

i want to avoid may 25 which is the wedding anniversary of my xh and I. yuck::Puke

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#84 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 11:20 AM

Trying to avoid May 29 here because that's my mom's birthday and I hate shared birthday parties. Although it might be unavoidable, since this babe is likely to come within a week of her birthday either way. Oh well, DH's birthday is 2/15 and DD's is 2/17 and we still manage to have separate celebrations for them every year, so I'll just have to be firm with my mom!
#85 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmmm. . . .I'm wondering if I should change my offical vote from FuzzyOne to Eaglevoice. . .
As long as I last one more week, I'm completely fine with that. Well, minus the fact that my house is a complete wreck... I guess I have to get cleaning one of these days.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#86 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
As long as I last one more week, I'm completely fine with that.
How far along are you?
#87 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 PM

I'm 36 weeks today!!!!

OMG!!!

So anytime after a week from now, we're good. Except for finals. Which end May 12 : .

But...May 12 is my (only)niece's birthday, and the 14th was my mother's birthday (and my aunt's - who has been sad not to have her sister with her on her birthday for the last 26 years), so either of those days would be peachy with me! But I'm not holding my breath. (oops, almost typed 'breast'- Freud anyone?) Both of my DSs came about a week early.
#88 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Maliceinwonderland has got my attention now.

I am so fickle.

~laura
#89 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Ds came five weeks early and I really don't want a repeat with this babe! So, um...how about not me?

I leave officially on maternity leave April 18th, and everyday at work now feels like torture because I'm so paranoid at every twinge. I'm due May 22nd and need to make it to the 2nd to have the bc birth we've planned. I volunteer to go last, though!

Truly I love everything about this pregnancy and I am nowhere near ready to be UNpregnant!
#90 of 170 Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

that's cool that you are enjoying your pregnancy. I'm hoping when school lets out I will feel similarly.
I have a (stupid) question. When you say "ds was born 5 weeks early" does that mean he was born 5 weeks before your due date or 5 weeks before term? I never know what people mean when they say that

~laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page