The official WATCH THREAD for the First Birth Announcement of the MAY 2007 DDC - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, I spent a good thirty minutes yesterday poking through the april ddc reading birth stories and what not, too!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#122 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 AM

I wonder if we do already have a may mama that's had her baby, but she's just holding out on us??? It just seems so strange that no one has had one yet. Last time when I was pg with dd, I was due in may and we had two march babies!!!

#123 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 AM

Still here. No babe yet. I am beginning to feel very done. The weepies have set in. I spent all day going from crying to laughing to being pissed off.

I suspect I still have atleast 16 more days.
#124 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Hmmmm. Sounds like you are a prime canidate Julie!!
Hey thanks I hope so...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Julie sending you strong labor vibes...heck you can have my contractions.
Great I need to get these contrax to get stronger and do something
I do really hope the contrax subside for you for the next couple of weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavicula View Post
:::, Julie!!
THANKS Still having contrax!!!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#125 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 AM

I have been poking around the April DDC as well, I love reading all the birthing stories, I just can't wait

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#126 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 12:30 PM

am i the only early-may mama who's still going "stay in there baby!!"??

i still have so effin much to DO i can hardly relax--I am seriously not wanting to go into labor for a good while yet!!!

i confess the only reason i even make time for MDC lately is because i wanna see if anyone here has gone and had a baby yet

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#127 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
I wonder if we do already have a may mama that's had her baby, but she's just holding out on us??? It just seems so strange that no one has had one yet. Last time when I was pg with dd, I was due in may and we had two march babies!!!
In the other DDC I'm in we've only had two babies so far and there are about the same number of women. One was last week, one the week before that! So I'm not surprised that we haven't had any here... but I was surprised at how many April mama's started dropping like flies as soon as April 1 hit!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
Nope, you're not the only one! I need a few more weeks before I'm ready!! My mom is still on crutches, my MIL is still out of town and my house is not clean and I am still trying to work until at least the end of next week!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#128 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 02:41 PM

I am definitely not ready. I don't want a 37 weeker, I want at least a 39 weeker. I don't think I'll go before 40 weeks anyway, but I am putting the carseat in the car this weekend just in case. I still haven't sorted through clothes and washed anything. Or gotten out the diapers I need to go through. Or situated my birthing supplies. Or cleaned at all. I'm just trying to eek 4 more weeks out of my maternity pants (and ignore the fact that I'm still going to need them after that! LOL)

I'm not expecting my house to be any cleaner than it normally is (which isn't very). Our vacuum needs two belts at the moment, and our dogs routinely tear stuff apart (usually it's stuff we let them tear apart, for exercise/fun), so there's little bits of cardboard all around. Cute, huh?
#129 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 02:52 PM

i'm 35 weeks today, and have been having bouts of contractions here and there for almost a week. a few times, the ctrx have been 5 min. apart, and began in my lower back, wrapping around to my lower front, feeling like period cramps. i went to my mw, and i'm 40% effaced, and 2cm dilated. not much to write home about, but i think my body is getting ready. i'd like this babe to stay in here for at least another 2 weeks, though. who knows, with all the mentioning of my status i've done to friends and family, this baby may make a liar out of me and i'll go past my dd of 5/15!
#130 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
nope - i'm due may 2 and i am not ready for the baby to come yet - i want breastfeeding to go as smoothly as possible (i spend about 6 weeks of hell with ds) and i think baking longer will affect that. but, i do have the feeling i won't go to 40 weeks.
#131 of 170 Old 04-10-2007, 05:33 PM

I am due May 9th, but since my babies tend to come around 37-38 wks, I expect to be one of the first to deliver. I am not going to volenteer to be THE first though...

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#132 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

What's the deal? Who's experiencing what? Maliceinwonderland? Fuzzyone? Sling'nMomto4? Anyone else?

:

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#133 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM

i've just been having really mild menstrual like cramps in the afternoon/evening for the last couple days. nothing big and nothing that makes me think the baby is imminent. no mucous plug, no contractions...i don't even feel braxton hicks. i'll probably be the last to go!
#134 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 03:48 PM

I'm due May 8th. Dialated to a whopping 1 cm, head up pretty high though. Plenty of contractions! Sometimes 15+ a day. She has dropped for sure (I can eat and breath again!). I'm ready whenever she is!
#135 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 04:17 PM

I'm 35 weeks and I"m still holding in there

I am so not ready to have a baby in the next two weeks my last two babies were born 35-36 weeks I"m not prepared for that this time.

of course I was a little freaked out when my pregnancy email info said I had 32 days till my due date !!!!! that's not very long at all

And yes Eaglevoice in our last may due date club there were lots of early babies, I was due at the end of may and my dd came april 30th
#136 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 06:21 PM

I'm 37 weeks now, and we have officially given the baby permission to make a grand entrance whenever the baby sees fit.

I wouldn't mind if the baby held out till May 12th though! That would get me through both finals. But I did find out this week that my college algebra professor can let me take the final early for that class, so I'm ramping up and trying to get that done in the next couple of weeks.
#137 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 06:32 PM

I'm due May 3rd and I usually have a very regular 26-27 day menstrual cycle, so I do feel like I could go "early"... on the other hand, I am a 1st time Mama, so I could go late May
I am having regular BH contractions and the babe's low.. when I am really relaxed or in the tub, she's really really low, which is an interesting feeling. But I don't feel uncomfortable at all. I have nothing really to go by here...

Grace Comes.

#138 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 06:46 PM

Not term for another 6 days, but lots of cervical activity. I am guessing I am probably efacing like crazy, but not really dilating. That comes during labor for me. Can't wait to start reading birth stories!

#139 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
I still haven't sorted through clothes and washed anything. Or gotten out the diapers I need to go through. Or situated my birthing supplies.
I'm about where you are. Can't sort the clothes till I get the shelves and dresser painted, can't make my birthing gown till I find the tool I need to fix my sewing machine, mostly trying to get some basic housework done. (Does it count as nesting if it's stuff you ought to do regularly, like washing the dishes? and the dishwasher is making a funny noise that gets worse every time I use it . . . . )

not "due" till 5/12, though dd went somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 days past her "due date." But today marks the official last month. wow. I don't feel like it will be soon, but that could be wishful thinking!
#140 of 170 Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiemom View Post
Not term for another 6 days, but lots of cervical activity. I am guessing I am probably efacing like crazy, but not really dilating. That comes during labor for me. Can't wait to start reading birth stories!
I'm not term for about the same (8 days I think) and I was wondering what you ment by cervical acivity. Can you elaborate immensely please ?

~laura
#141 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I'm not term for about the same (8 days I think) and I was wondering what you ment by cervical acivity. Can you elaborate immensely please ?
Mostly it feels like electric shocks to the cervix. I get them several times a day. Sometimes it feels like the baby is reaching her hand out and pushing on my cervix like she is checking out that thing by her head... But I start efacing 3-4 weeks before labor actually starts, so I am guessing at this point I am probably only around 50% efaced, maybe a little bit more. I don't want to reach up there and mess with anything though. That can "stir" things up and I want her to stay in there for awhile more.

#142 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 01:03 AM - Thread Starter

I was trying to feel around. I've been having those sharp sensations in my cervical area for a while. I got that chiro adj, starting having many more BH contractions and I decided to feel my cervix today and it's a lot shorter (I think!).
I'm also feeling some strange hard, pea-sized bumps. I'm not quite sure what to make of that (broken up scar tissue?).
Anyway. I am now in the club of cervical change

~laura
#143 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 AM

Oooh, a cervical change club!!! I want in! I've never in my life checked my own cervix... now I'm too nervous to try for fear I'll accidentally get things started. Hmmm, but I doubt I could get into the club without checking though, huh?!

#144 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM

i am due May 3rd too. i do not "feel" anything special, though. lots of BHs but i am having them since week 30 or so, it is not a big deal. i really want a May babay, but honestly, whenever this baby comes, i am okay with it.

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#145 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 09:54 AM

I am still have contrax, quite a few this morning and I saw my midwife on wednesday and she said she is really, really low, which is true cause she feels like she is gonna fall right out...LOL! I also am having lots of cervical discomfort with the contrax...But I had prodromal labor with my 2 1/2 yr old for 3 wks, so I am not getting my hopes up...LOL!

Julie (34)
Collector of TOYS!
#146 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM

Well, I had two whole contractions this morning during my NST, do I count?

Just kidding, this little guy better stay in there until at least the 2nd week of May!
#147 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 01:42 PM

I'm due May 28 (if you believe in due dates. My son was born almost 3 weeks past due date, and my daughter was induced ON my due date (I was not educated whatsoever and would have never let them do it if I had been- there was no medical reason for it.)

I'm working ALOT of hours and stay on my feet alot so I'm feeling much more pressure with this one than i ever felt with the other two. I've also experienced alot of grief in this pregnancy- my husbands mom AND dad have died in the last 8 months and my kids and I lived through a tornado that destroyed our home. This may not affect my delivery date at all, but I sure feel more ready early with this one. I don't think I'll be first, but maybe I won't be last... Who knows.

No babies yet from Anyone?

ps. I really need to fix my timeline on my siggy
#148 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 PM

My child needs to stay in until May 11 but I am really starting to think he is going to turn up early.

Would I be wrong to ground him at birth for screwing up my time table?
#149 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
Would I be wrong to ground him at birth for screwing up my time table?
#150 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I do not think its wrong at all grounding your son.
My daughter is grounded...but I have elected not to carry out her punishment until she is a teen. One of those occassions where I have no reason to keep her at home but my gut says she stay, I can whip out Young Lady you still owe me two weeks for April 2007.

Heidi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page