The official WATCH THREAD for the First Birth Announcement of the MAY 2007 DDC - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL about grounding. I won't ground my kid if it comes out too soon, but it will have to live naked until someone does some laundry around here, and who knows how long that will be!

I had a contraction (and maybe half of one?) for the first time today. I'm 37 weeks today, but I really don't want to have this kid for another 2 weeks at least. I don't really think I will, either, but it's interesting to have a contraction! It made me want to throw up. I have been drinking RRL tea the last two days, after not having any for over a month - you think that could be cause some contractions?
#152 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
I do not think its wrong at all grounding your son.
My daughter is grounded...but I have elected not to carry out her punishment until she is a teen. One of those occassions where I have no reason to keep her at home but my gut says she stay, I can whip out Young Lady you still owe me two weeks for April 2007.
Oh that is funny I was thinking that I would go about it the same way! Just a random "Hey you're not going anywhere you still owe me 2 weeks of your life so go clean the garage, your room, and the basement. Also, hand over your iPod (or whatever the equivalent will be in the year 2023)."

2023! Wow.
#153 of 170 Old 04-13-2007, 10:21 PM

I am pretty much ready now. Bought my air mattress, have the birth kit, only one thing left to pick up that is kind of important, and that is scissors for cutting the cord.

Still having lots of cervical shocks,but I can't tell how low baby is or if she is engaged or not. I am just too chicken to stick my fingers up there and find out. Mostly I don't wanna know if I am dilated past a fingertip, cause if I am then I am really gonna freak!

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#154 of 170 Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
LOL about grounding. I won't ground my kid if it comes out too soon, but it will have to live naked until someone does some laundry around here, and who knows how long that will be!
I wore dh boxer briefs today because I had no clean panties!

I hear ya.....
#155 of 170 Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 PM

Still no one?!? This is really amazing! I guess these babies know to take advantage of this very special womb time!

As of Friday I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. My due date is somewhere between April 28 and May 4. I generally have been saying May 4, thoug for my own sanity since I am a first time mom and will probably go late!

But, since either way I am past 37 weeks, the homebirth is a go! The tub is set up (and empty) but I think we are giving it a test run tonight!
#156 of 170 Old 04-15-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm 37w1d today and have an OB appt tomorrow. For over a week now I've been having contractions during the afternoon/evening and many in the middle of the night. They have changed from my painless BH contractions to stronger lower back and and front pain...I think my body is preparing for labor. I'm trying to remember what it was like with DS2...I know I had these types of contractions for days before he was born...but can't remember how long before they actually started.
#157 of 170 Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM

I'm still here, still having BH contractions regularly (strong enough to take my breath away), but no real labor yet! We relocate to the mountains in 6 days.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#158 of 170 Old 04-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Not much going on here right now. Still some cervical shocks, and there are times when I am sitting that feel like I am sitting directly on the poor baby's head, but not always (thankfully).

I am having more BH contrax which basically means the number has gone up to like 8 a day maybe? At least those that grab my attention cause of baby position. I might be having more, but I can't tell. :

Only 3 more days and then she can come.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#159 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyc View Post
I'm still here, still having BH contractions regularly (strong enough to take my breath away), but no real labor yet! We relocate to the mountains in 6 days.
Sending you 6 more days of sticky baby vibes!!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#160 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 06:12 AM

noone yet? really?
wow, what a DDC! i am thrilled!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#161 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

are you laughing because you posted this AFTER you lost your mucus plug --be nice to the watch thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavicula View Post
noone yet? really?
wow, what a DDC! i am thrilled!
HA!
I've got my on YOU now. . . :

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#162 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I've got my on YOU now. . . :
Too funny! You women crack me up!

And thanks, Eaglevoice, for the sticky baby vibes! I can't believe we relocate in 5 days. Of course, with my luck, I'll get up there and go to 40 weeks or some nonsense like that.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#163 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 04:14 PM

Yay for Amylcd for being our first May DDC baby!!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#164 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM

I lost my plug this morning and felt really weird for awhile and couldn't eat my breakfast, as I ran to the bathroom 3 times. It slowly tappered away and now back to the regular pressure and some period feelings. Now I'm finding myself extremely hungry, where as this morning I could eat anything!!! Lol!
#165 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

I was *Just* going to post about how it's neck and neck (or is that cervix and cervix?) with naturalmamaof3+1 and Clavicula, but AMYLCD beat both of ya 3 days ago !!!

CONGRADULATIONS AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#166 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
Oh that is funny I was thinking that I would go about it the same way! Just a random "Hey you're not going anywhere you still owe me 2 weeks of your life so go clean the garage, your room, and the basement. Also, hand over your iPod (or whatever the equivalent will be in the year 2023)."

2023! Wow.
I suddenly feel so old.

Heidi
#167 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM

I did not realize how stress I had been. I have been fighting having this baby tooth and nail. She was staying in until she was over cooked. Well Friday morning, we got the call my mom had a room available in the new resthome. We have been waiting since January. We got her moved Friday afternoon. It is so much better and the plus its 5 blocks from my parents house. My dad was driving 45 minutes one way. Anyway Sunday I was like okay I am ready now. I had no idea my hang up had to do with my parents...so now she is going to be late since I am ready.

Heidi
#168 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 08:23 PM

Well.. I have had oddly loose bowels all day and have felt like I am getting my period. And just now I went to the bathroom, threw up the entire contents of my belly, cleaned up, and then sat right down and pooped even more... so strange! And I have not had m/s all pregnancy. My DH doesn't get home for a few hours b/c he's teaching a class... I am going to clean up the house and try and distract myself- stay hydrated and drink an emergen-c... I don't necessarily think this is it, but something different is happening.

Any insight Mamas??

Grace Comes.

#169 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 PM

No insight on my part every couple of days I go through this big get sick and diarrhea and lots of contractions.

Heidi
#170 of 170 Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM

I've been throwing up yesterday and today with the poops too which sucks because I am supposed to do a 24 hr urine test today.Kinda makes it hard because I pee when I puke.I've also been losing my plug and feeling more crampy than BH.My pelvis and lower abdomen ache as if I've been overexercising. I think I still have at least 2 more weeks though.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page