any May homebirthers? Please move thread back to homebirth - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can birth ever be boring? Can you imagine..."I'm having another contraction (((yawn)))"

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#32 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 AM

A girl can only hope

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#33 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 09:20 PM

ALmost 37 weeks here and just got all the supplies clean and organized for our homebirth!!

Grace Comes.

#34 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 PM

I have all the stuff for the homebirth IN my house, but it is not organized in the least... although I have been slowly getting it moved into one spot for the birth. I think when next weekend rolls around and I am "allowed" to give birth at home then I'll be more motivated to get it organized. maybe
Oh, and after next weekend I'll be able to go pick up my birth pool too and set it up.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#35 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Hey there I'm actually due at the end of the month but I could go to may -it all depends on what the baby wants.
My husband and I are doing a run on the birth tub tonight, I have all of my birth kit ready, andall I have to do is the baby clothes/dipes/my clothes for afterwards, and still pack my two oldest dd's diaper bag for when Grandma comes to get them on labor day.
#36 of 40 Old 04-08-2007, 10:00 PM

I have everything but the adaptor for the hose to attach to the faucet and the air pump to fill the birth tub. EEK!!! I can't believe it.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#37 of 40 Old 04-09-2007, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoogs View Post
Just thought we could share our excitemnet with one another from now till then, I am due last week in may , how about you?

It;s not that i just want to know who is due in May I really wanted to touch base with other women who are having a hombirths and I think that the homebirth forum is the best place for that?
thank you

I understand - there is nothing wrong with what you did. Or if you wanted to just touch base with other moms having a homebirth then definitely the Homebirth forum is there for that. However, the massive Due Date Clubs are there for a specific reason: to share thoughts, questions and experiences with women having babies around the same time. Your introduction paragraph and your title led me to believe that you wanted to connect with other May Mamas planning a homebirth....did I get that wrong?

Perhaps Georgia can better explain why it was moved. I hope you're not feeling offended, as moving the thread wasn't meant to offend.
#38 of 40 Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 AM

I JUST got my list of supplies needed from my mw. So I basically have nothing yet. But that is what next week is for...shopping for hb supplies and more dipes Oh, and of course, cleaning my bedroom and finishing the 7 loads of laundry that have to be washed and put away. At least I got the rest of my house clean this weekend, even though I've been sick.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#39 of 40 Old 04-09-2007, 07:51 AM

All that I have for my hb is my receiving blankets and face cloths! Still need to get flashlight, batteries, trash bags, and freezer bags oh and towels! My birthing kit is coming today and my midwife is setting up the tub today as well! It is almost time, I can feel it...LOL!

Oh I do have my WHOLE house to clean and that is going to take forevor!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
#40 of 40 Old 04-09-2007, 08:26 AM

Due to homebirth my first around 12th May (although ultrasounds and my own calculations put it about the 22nd, my MW refuses to change my dates, so I'm very worried about being forced into hospital birth/induction...grrr. The NHS in my area refuses to do homebirths after 41 weeks.) I have nothing ready-no, i did buy some 'maternity mats' (absorbent pads for the bed) the other day in a panic. And we should be borrowing a tub from a friend who had a homebirth just over a year ago but didn't get a chance to use it as he came in under 2 hours.
Really really hoping that everything goes smoothly and I don't end up in hospital.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page