Anyone have pelvic pressure? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just about 36 weeks. Took my kids on a walk today in a double stroller and after a short time had to stop every few minutes because of low pelvic pressure. I felt like the baby's head was pushing it's way out! : I had an appt. about a week ago and although she is head down, he told me I wasn't engaged or dilated yet, so what is all this pressure? Anyone else having this?
#2 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 08:38 PM

I don't know if this is the same feeling you're having, but for the last week or so, my pelvic region has been feeling like I've been spending too much time riding a bike (I have not ridden a bike for months and months). It doesn't really *hurt*, but it's not comfortable I'm 33 weeks.
#3 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fioner View Post
I don't know if this is the same feeling you're having, but for the last week or so, my pelvic region has been feeling like I've been spending too much time riding a bike (I have not ridden a bike for months and months). It doesn't really *hurt*, but it's not comfortable I'm 33 weeks.
Not the same feeling--but I have had that, too. (Like I'm swollen down there). This is more like the baby is pressing on my pubic bone--very full/pressure feeling. Like the head is pressing down hard.
#4 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 PM

I'm having this mucho but I'm just 31 weeks. I had it last time too- the low baby syndrome. Sometimes you just gotta say dang that adequate pelvis! Today I was weeding, squatting, and when I stood up I felt like the baby was lower than before, which is impossible I think without it coming out. So just wanted to say, I'm right there with you!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#5 of 10 Old 04-04-2007, 11:20 PM

Funny you should ask.... I actually told my midwife today that it felt like this kid was trying to push its way out, and I didn't remember ds doing that. She said that the muscles are weaker the second (or third, fourth, fifth...) time around and can't support the baby quite as well, so it feels like they're really pushing.
#6 of 10 Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 AM

i am 36 weeks today and feeling the same! lots of pressure...maybe something is going on down there?

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#7 of 10 Old 04-05-2007, 06:47 AM

Well, I don't know if it's the same exact feeling, but I had to turn around and come home on my walk yesterday, cuz it felt like it was maybe dangerous!?!?

It is a combo feeling of super low baby, bladder being completely pressed upon, and my public bone stretching out. Ugh.

Thank goodness for swimming.

Grace Comes.

#8 of 10 Old 04-05-2007, 10:38 AM

Yeah, I am right there with you all and I am only 32 weeks. Throughout the pregnancy I've been riding my exercise bike for daily exercise, and I've had to really cut back on the number of minutes I do lately because the pressure is just too much. I need to find something else I can do to get my heart rate up without making me feel like my entire pelvic area is going to crack in half.
#9 of 10 Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 PM

Oh yes, loads of pressure!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#10 of 10 Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM

35+ weeks and I feel the same way, ESPECIALLY after walking. My doc says its totally normal.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page