My SO is more AP than me.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-16-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know what I'm going to do with this guy He's fully aware dd slept with me until she was over two, because when he moved in with us she was still sleeping in my bed. So I asked him the other day when he planned on getting the bassinet set up in our room, and he said "Oh, within a few days of the baby being born". I've made it pretty clear I want to atleast try the baby out not sleeping with us because I ended up lacking sleep big time with dd due to back pain from not being able to sleep comfortably, so I asked where he thought the baby would sleep until then, and he said "Well, obviously with us."

I am super lucky to have this guy. He comes from a very mainstream family and didn't even flinch when I mentioned delayed vax (and his mom is a nurse), cloth diapers, or even a homebirth...but really..talk about making me feel like a bad mother..
#2 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 12:24 AM

My dp is awesome like this also

Consider yourself very lucky because it is a joy to parent with someone who is in the same place as you!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#3 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 AM

It is such a relief when you know your dp supports your totally non-mainstream parenting beliefs, isn't it?

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#4 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 03:55 PM

My DH doesn't ever express an opinion one way or the other. : So it's nice I don't have to deal with opposition but then again I never get any support either!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#5 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 04:37 PM

My DH is also more AP than me in some areas... he's a big family bed advocate, but I'm a little concerned due to my sleeping habits that I'll squash the baby, and I have RLS so I tend to kick in my sleep. I want baby close by to start with, for nursing, comfort and ease, but I am making DH build a baby-extension for our King bed and the babe can sleep there. And I need my space and privacy, so I'm not so "family bed" minded after the first year, give or take. We'll see what life brings us I suppose.

The cloth diapering is another issue... I haven't quite got him on board with it whole-heartedly, he's insistent that HE is going to put sposies on the kid. While I agree that they have thier time and place, that time and place isn't JUST because dad is putting the diaper on!!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#6 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 PM

i too am so lucky to have met SO...he isnt even vaxed!! and doesnt flinch at all about E being in my bed...and knows that ds2 (9) still cosleeps.

a breath of fresh air!

rach
#7 of 7 Old 04-17-2007, 10:31 PM

that is so great you have that support! My Dh is great too. Our youngest (2.5) still sleeps with us some of the night. we use to have a bed for him in the other room. Dh said " i miss him when he isnt in bed with us, can he at least have a bed in our room?"
Its so great to hear how wonderful your DH is!
i dont blame you on the sleep though

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page