Mothering Forum banner

Who else is 36(ish) weeks?

1K views 41 replies 40 participants last post by  sugamagmama 
#1 ·
I see people giving birth already but I imagine many of them were several weeks further along than me. So, I want to know when to freak out when I see people at the same stage giving birth

Who else is about 36 weeks right now, due in the second half of May?

See less See more
#27 ·
Fun thread! 35wks +2days, but who's counting, lol. Due around Memorial Weekend. Haven't checked yet (but will possibly next appt), but with my others, I walked around dilated to 4, 90% effaced, head fully engaged for 3-4 weeks. So I'm figuring on the same, and oh! Does it feel like it! I have a list too, but those nestin' instincts just aren't happening, so we'll see what gets done...=)

#28 ·
according to my midwife im 36+ weeks (due 5/17)
according to my charting im 37+ weeks (due 5/9)
i dont mind the later date seeing as it could give me an extra week if need be before induction even gets brought up. but Ive never been late.
im just not ready to ahve this one really. i think i am then I panic

#29 ·
I am 37 weeks tomorrow. I am havnig a really rough time right now. I am scheduled to have the baby May 2nd at 8 am. My mom is dying and only hanging on to see the baby. Its such a bitter sweet time. I am very thankful to have this baby because if I was not pregnant my mom would have died probably a month or two ago. I have stopped contracting completely now. My dad is having surgery on Wed. and I am his caregiver for 24 hours so no going into labor until after that.

#30 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
My mom is dying and only hanging on to see the baby.
My Dad died about 3 mos before dd was born. The last time I saw him, I almost asked him if he wanted to stick around long enough to meet her, then decided that his quality of life was so poor, it would be unfair to ask that of him. He died 2 days later. I like to think they crossed paths on the other side.

Anyway, she was born at about 41-42 wks, and right now I'm somewhere around 36-37. I'm nowhere near ready and I don't believe in due dates, but everyone is asking me when the baby is due, and I just say, "in May. Maybe a month or so."

#31 ·
I've been lurking for months and wondering this too with birth announcements popping up. Due May 20th, 1st was born 39 wks 4 days. So after next week, anytime would be great for our 2nd waterbirth at home. Lots of BH, actual painful contractions (although random-irritable uterus from car accident stress 2-1-07) and lots of pressure and pain from this one's head.

Scary thing is almost everything on to do list is done and hb supplies gathered and baby things washed - except for getting cute nursing jammies and more baskets and snacks. Also getting sick of "THE Q's" too.

#33 ·
Due May 28th/29th... 35 weeks today! I'll be happy as long as I make it until May.

Two babies are getting awfully squished in here and I'm starting to feel rather handicapped. Plus after our low fluid scare and near induction at 33 weeks, I'm getting sick of having to tell everyone "no changes, things look good, we're just waiting now" every other day when I have an nst or a bpp! I'm finally getting to the point where I'm ready to spend a few weeks just cuddling my girls and getting used to mommying...

One more week and I'll feel like I can relax!

#34 ·
I'm 36 weeks, too, due May 20. I also just need to make it to May
. Technically I'm supposed to be working through the end of next week (May 4) but I'm soooooo tired. I'd really like to stop commuting (80 miles roundtrip) by next Monday. As long as I don't go into labor at work, I'm happy.

For punishment, I'll probably be pg for another 4 weeks. I sure hope not. dd#1 was born at 37wks exactly, dd#2 at 39wks, 3days. I'm hoping for 38 weeks -- so dh and I can celebrate our 10th anniversary before baby arrives

#36 ·
i am 37 weeks tomorrow, due may 15th!

i feel very good, no dropping, no nothin, except today started feeling "periody" for the first time in 9 months, soooooooooo..............!?!?

and i have nothing packed for the hospital except a TON of snacks. hey, i got my priorities straight.

deb

ps my OB has not yet done a cervical check so who knows what is up down there?

#37 ·
I am pretty new to these boards and do more lurking then anything else...but had to chime in on this one!! I will be 36 weeks on Wed. and go between being totally panicked about what still needs to be done----and being totally ready to be done because I am so tired of waddling!!! I had a scare at 31 wks, 5 days when I was found to already be 80% effaced, with an anterior cervix and babies head felt---and swore I was ready to be pregnant as long as needed so that baby and I were healthy and I could have my home water birth…ok-well once I pass the 36 week mark officially and am in the home birth safe zone...I am ready to be done!! I swore I would never say that---I always tell my doula clients to enjoy these last few weeks, make the most of them, don't get in hurry, blah, blah, blah…and here I am swallowing my whole foot because I "get it" now! ( shh don't tell any one this…this is the only place that I can be totally honest and not worry about what everyone will think!!)

My due date is May 23rd-but we are doubting I will go that far since I was already heading that way at 31 /32 weeks. I don't want to complain-because I know all this comes with the territory…but holy cow this is hard!!! It hurts to walk, to drive, to sleep, to lay in the couch, to do laundry, etc……. I am still working full time and really need to until I go into labor so not to use any of my vacation time for any thing but maternity leave…but coming to work just plain sucks when my mind is a million miles away and I can think of a million other things I could be doing!

Ok…breathe, I know…..I think I am ok now that I ranted a bit!! Thanks for bearing with me. This morning as I was driving to work in traffic-I so wished I had a sign I could post in the window that said " Beware---9 months hormonal pregnant woman coming through. Get near at your own risk!!"
:

#38 ·
Nanana mom- I hear you on the commuting thing. I also went 80 miles round trip each day and worked a 10-12+ hour shift on top of it. I stopped working last Friday (or rather the 13th) which has made all the difference in how I am feeling! No more constant ctx or period-like cramping...if so, I can just lay down for a few. There is absolutely no way we would have gotten everything ready (not that it is yet anyway lol) if I kept working...we'd probably have a new babe by now too! BTW, my ds calls my mom "Nana-mom"!

we need this kiddo to stay in one more week (and a couple of days...but who's counting, eh?) to have our bc birth. And everyone in my "support team" is going to Arizona at one point or another in May...weird. So, I'd really love this baby to come on exactly the 19th of May or later, but not the following week after that cause I want the mw we've been working with to be on call...

I'm not sure I'm allowed to have this many 'wants' when it comes down to the timing of the birth!

#41 ·
i'm just over 36 weeks, "due" may 21st. i'm quite sure of my due date. my other 2 have been born just a couple of days after their due dates so i probably still have a while to go.

we just moved though and i am sooooooooooooo exhausted and there is so much to do. i keep wishing that i would have the baby mainly b/c then my mom will come and help out for a week or so.

#42 ·
Im 36 weeks or so...due around May 23rd. I am starting to feel like a slug, wanting to sleep more and be alone with my thoughts. I am still working 12 hour shifts on the weekends until May 12th, which contributes to my tiredness Im sure. My girls were late babies, so I am not holding out for an early delivery, although it would be nice...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.