April 23rd -30th Weekly Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I have to say I"m ready for the baby to come after tomorrow i'm only 37 weeks 3 days but since this is the furthest I have made it in my last three pregnancies I'm getting a little anxious. I don't quite feel done yet but a baby at the end of next week would be nice

My daughters birthday is tomorrow (april 30) but we had a little party yesterday with a cake and presents. My husband is driving for his carpool this week so he has my car and I'm pretty much stuck in the house for the next five days hopefully it will be sunny and the kids and I can hit the park

I've got my birth supplies all packed together in a basket, the pool is inflated and ready to go

Yesterday we went hiking (my idea ) About halfway through the hike we decided that it was probably a bit too ambitious, but I mean what do you do when your an hour into a hike its either go back or forge ahead but today i'm paying for it, my legs are so sore i'll need a few days to recover

But here is a picture of my kids from our hike they had a great time http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...e/IMG_1204.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM

i just love these boards it's been ages since i could really hunker down and read everything here, but at least i got thru the weekly thread! birth announcements and belly pics are my next two stops

I was SO SURE i was in labor...like 3 days ago : I mean I've never felt that strong of contractions before without my water having been already broken...it was all there, the backache, the losing focus, it was all systems go, and then...nothing. went to sleep, still having contrax, but no baby to hold yet. ARRGH!!

I have pretty much been feeling like I'm in labor for like 5-6 days now, I think by now I won't believe it's the real thing until i see the babe's head crowning!

I'll be 39 weeks on Wednesday, and that's as pregnant as I've ever been!

once there's more to update about, i will

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#33 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM

Krystal! Wow. I'm 4 days behind you (38 weeks today) and I just starting to feel labor coming on last night. I have a feeling it will be a few more days as well. I had my son at 38 weeks so as of tomorrow I will be more pregnant than ever too

How's your henna fading?

Mine is starting to crack up where it's streching

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#34 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Wow - so many people who haven't been 40 weeks pregnant! So weird, because to me it's so common/normal to hear about 41 and 42 weekers. I'm 39 weeks, 2 days. Delia was born at 40 weeks, 2 days but at 2:30 AM so I went into labor the day after my due date. Which would mean going into labor next Saturday. I'd be thrilled with either a Cinco de Mayo or 5/6/07 baby. That's what' I'm shooting for!

I woke up early today (with Delia - 9 AM, that's early for me) and we went out to breakfast, then to a park, then to fly kites, then we bumped into some friends who were going to watch some teenagers drive a snowmobile across a lake so we did that (so fun and stupid! we got to watch them pull it out of the lake too LOL), and now we're heading over to the friends' for dinner. It feels good to have such a fun active day.

Husband has said "I'm ready" four times now. Bye!
#35 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 07:13 PM

whew got lots done today washed the outsides of the windows that my son did the insides yesterday. and I did some nice mom stuff like made a picnic and ate with the kids outside on the picnic table (wow its scary when your kids can eat a whole watermelon after having sandwiches and yogurt : )

Pushed my little one on the swing forever and jumped on the trampoline with my 3 year old ds (okay maybe that was more for labor inducing than for fun )

I'm for some reason feeling like I have lots of energy its probably the beautiful spring weather
#36 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 PM

Lots of energy here too! Planted columbine seeds and did my regular around the yard scurrying... packed some nettle we had harvested and ran errands with dh and cleaned house. I am feeling strong menstrual cramp feelings in my low pelvis, and some random sharp sensations... but there's been so much practice labor going on over here, who knows? 39 weeks plus change. I feel so hazy really and giddy and it's been lovely to have a day with Todd- he's been working so much to get ready for the babymoon, we haven't had a full day together in weeks. We've been laughing a lot and acting foolish... Ah if anything progresses over here, I'll post again.

Grace Comes.

#37 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 08:55 PM

We were in that mood today too, though in the middle of church lol. Hubby let me sleep in until 8:45 this morning and got all 4 kids and himself ready before he woke me up to get ready . I actually woke up feeling rested (which lasted all the way to about 30 minutes after we got home from church). We got to sit together during Sunday School (he's usually playing piano for the kids) and he spent the whole time being silly, making up new lyrics for the hymns and whispering in my ear and writing irreverent messages on my arm with his finger. We'll probably go straight to hell but it was fun anyway.

I'm not feeling particularly nest-y this weekend, even though I really wanted to, and I'm concerned that the state of the house will be a labor hangup. I did put together the crib today and folded all of the laundry yesterday and bought a new mop head so I can mop, but I can't find my dustpan and all of my floors look like crap and it's hotter than fetch today so I don't want to do anything anyway. Dang it, I really wanted to have this baby this weekend because I DON'T WANNA GO TO WORK TOMORROW. Pretty lame reason I guess and not flying with the wee one.
#38 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Keeping myself busy with all my art projects.This is day 3 without Darlene and daphne and i miss them terribly. my mom called and asked if she could keep them until tuesday. i know they are having way more fun with my mom and siblings then they would at home with me being so...encumbered..but i miss them a lot ):

I've painted and decupaged three neat wood photo frames and am working on a shelf for my mom for mothers day. almost done with my other shelf.
dh and i sat up and watched "Children of men" last night. depressing as all hell but a really good movie.

i have the joy luck club to finish reading and also a book called the "Midwives" looks like a good book.

I made banana bread and banana muffins today and split pea soup, and sun tea and hummus.

I was really hoping to have the baby today but it looks like a no-go ): I have had 2 days of 'we think this is it!' labor and still nothing.
ahh well...
much love to everyone,
Katie
#39 of 41 Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 PM

I read Midwives a few years ago and really liked it. Might want to wait until after you have the baby though. Can't remember for sure, but might be better.

I need a good book. My FIL has one that I want to read, but it was borrowed by my SIL and BIL instead of going to me next. Foo.
#40 of 41 Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 AM

Hey all, I'm getting in on this thread a little late, but thought I'd chime in anyway. I had my MW appt Fri and she stripped the membranes (also had the chiro stimulate acupressure points to help labor start), but neither has done much to get things going so far. Oh well, I will do nothing further now to speed nature up. Just getting anxious to get working! (labor-wise) Good luck to you other mamas on the verge of your exciting journey!
#41 of 41 Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM

hey Laura--i was wondering about you specifically the other day, if you'd had your babe yet and how far along you were compared to me

posted another bellypic, and, well, i kinda hope it's the last one!!

I have been reduced to a lurker here : but i do think of all of you often..!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page