Annoyed... anyone post/lurk on any other forums? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like not on MDC?

I lurk on another board with a May due date club and the women are taking about different kinds of interventions/inductions because they are "done" being pregnant. Its not even May - they can't be overdue.

Its annoying and I just wanna say - no one - not any of us will be the first woman to be pregnant forever.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#2 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 03:40 PM

When I was pg with dd I started out on a mainstream board. I think I was maybe 3 months along when I found MDC. Boy was I relieved to find MDC!!! I haven't even wasted my time on other boards this time around because I got soooooo frustrated with how most of those women thought about birth.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#3 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 04:04 PM

Even though I'm not as "crunchy" as many on this board, I do like the naturalistic approach -- and acceptance of various viewpoints. When I was TTC the other boards were too annoying so I haven't looked at any while pregnant.

However, now that I'm almost due I can't tell you the number of people who have asked "rhetorically" if we're getting an epidural as soon as we get to the hospital. Um... NO!

Then there is the puzzled look -- like what's the other option?!?
#4 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 04:19 PM

I don't ever go on any other boards, really, I spend too much time here but I often hear people saying that this sorta stuff goes on on other boards and I can't help but wonder what happens if you say something like, "Uh, well did ya ever think that maybe it's possible that if you haven't had the baby yet it's not because something is wrong, but because it's not ready yet?" What would they do? Just freak out or something..? I really wonder...
#5 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM

agreed!

What I find frustrating is the repeat c-section ladies.......the ones who refuse to think there are options.
#6 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 PM

I belong to another board too and it's amazing the difference. Sometimes I'll forget I've switched over (cuz I go back and forth a lot)and start reading about inductions, scheduled sections...it's just so crazy! I love it over here!!!

Pam
#7 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 05:09 PM

I'm a regular member of another board. I pretty much stick to the natural boards there though. I love my DD's BB, but the May one I mostly lurk and will occasionally post. My DD's BB has at least 4 moms still nursing and probably 3 who are EBFers. There are several CDs on my dDs birth board as well. The May board on the other board thinks that EBF is "digusting" and "distrurbing" Afer that post I stopped posting and became a lurker.
#8 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 06:21 PM

eh...it doesn't really bother me. I think every mom tries to do what she thinks is best. With dd1 and dd2 I loved being pregnant, but #3 is making me miserable. When people ask me how I'm feeling I say, "Done!" I'm only 37 wks and I'm pretty sure I've still got a couple weeks left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
What I find frustrating is the repeat c-section ladies.......the ones who refuse to think there are options.

My sister had a repet c-section with her second. Where we lived the one and only hospital would not allow any VBAC's. The closest hospital in the state that did was a few hours away. She did not want to do a homebirth, so for her a repeat c-section was the only choice. Of course, even if she had the option of trying for a VBAC, she would have elected for a C-section
#9 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sure there are exceptions, like Stacey mentioned her sister. And I normally don't have a "problem" with mainstream stuff especially like that. I'm sure I would be considered very mainstream compared to most MDC'ers.

It just rubs me the wrong way - talking about having your membranes stripped at 38 weeks or something. Now, I'm not saying I'm against having your membranes stripped. I'm not even sure that I care if someone else does or doesn't. But 38 weeks? Umm really?

Maybe you haven't gone into labor yet because your baby's not done developing their LUNGS! LUNGS! Not like all they are doing at this point is growing hair. Lungs, ladies. At the end of pregnancy, that's when lung development happens. UGH!

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#10 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOBetz View Post
Maybe you haven't gone into labor yet because your baby's not done developing their LUNGS! LUNGS! Not like all they are doing at this point is growing hair. Lungs, ladies. At the end of pregnancy, that's when lung development happens. UGH!
:

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#11 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 PM

I didn't even find MDC until DS was some months old. So I was on a mainstream board while preg with him. But I didn't really know the difference. I knew I was going to "try to BF" and I knew I was going to "try to CD". But I hadn't read Mothering at that point. Kinda funny to think about me back then!

I'm in a prenatal swim class and one woman in the class is due tomorrow with her 1st. Her OB told her if she hasn't given birth by one week past her due date, she's scheduled for an induction. I asked why, and she just shrugged. The male instructor was saying that his wife was allowed to go two weeks past her due date, "but they don't let you do that anymore it seems." Like we women have no say?! I kept my mouth shut. :
#12 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM

I support a woman's right to her birth. No matter how sheep-a-fied it may appear, its her birth.
#13 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 PM

There is another web site who's birth board I lurk on. I can't bare to post on it, though... all of the talk of circumcising, interventions on the baby and mother, how "gross" breastfeeding is and getting induced smack at 37 weeks because "you're done then, anyway!!" just made me cry. I'm too hormonal to deal with that, and because it's a birth board, it's for "support", meaning you aren't allowed to say much other than "it's your choice!"

Bleh!
#14 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzmama View Post
I kept my mouth shut. :
You are a better woman than I, or at least have more tact. I wouldn't have hesitated to inform them that they have rights and that those rights including saying NO to an induction if they felt that they weren't ready yet and wanted to wait for baby to arrive on it's own. But that's just me. I rubs ME the wrong way when women, and men for that matter, don't educate themselves about thier own health care, wether it is pregnancy related or not, and just let some doctor dictate what gets done and when and what medications they take and how much and for how long. I could go on a long rant about an aunt and anti-depressant meds, but I won't...

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#15 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 03:08 AM

no, only mdc.
(i visit a hungarian board as well, they think i am a freak, you know, "how can a woman birth without an epidural?!": yes, we can! )
i like to lurk here, this is the best place!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page