i had my belly casted today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else do a belly cast? if i could figure out how to post photos, i would. (i've been trying to figure out how to post belly pics for months & can't seem to figure it out!? i'm completely computer illiterate!?). anyway, i LOVE it!!! i wanted to do it with my first 2 pregnancies but never got around to it but now that i know this is the last i finally did it. it's beautiful, if i may say so myself. and it looks HUGE.

stephanie asl.gif

#2 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 10:09 PM

we are planning on doing our real soon! i would love to see pics of others!
#3 of 15 Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM

I would like to aswell. This is mostlikely our last child. But what would we do with it? Long term?

And isn't it something we could do at home relatively simply?

Rebecca

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#4 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 12:33 AM

We bought a kit, it is sitting on the shelf waiting... I think we're doing it this weekend though, I'll be 39 weeks and I don't want to push it any longer! I'm sure I'm not going to grow too much more in the next week or three. We also have to set up and test the birth pool.

DH wants to use it to serve chips and salsa at teh baby BBQ in June. *sigh* Cute, but weird. I figure I'll hang it on the wall in the baby's room and paint it when I get around to it and feel inspired.

I know of some people that put blankets in it and use it as a bassinet during the first week or two.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#5 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 12:48 AM

I think I might be getting mine done tomorrow. My mw's are coming over for my home visit and last week they asked me if I wanted to do one and I said yes, but that was the extent of it... no actual plans were made, so we'll see if they bring the supplies or not.

As far as posting photos, check out www.photobucket.com That's what I use for some of my photos.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#6 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 AM

A friend and I did this last weekend for me! I just bought two rolls of plaster of paris gauze strips and we made the cast--no need to buy fancy kits!

If someone can guide me as to how topost one single pic from a photobucket account, and not the entire account, I'd be OK about sharing some pics!
#7 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

ok....so here goes my photo posting attempt (thanks, jenn/eaglevoice!)

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/100_0535.jpg

IT WORKED!!! the adorable part of the cast is on the right side of my belly where Ezra always lays....you can see a little indent with his bum & back.

i'm off to post belly pics!

stephanie asl.gif

#8 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 08:04 AM

OK--how do you get JUST a single shot of a photo posted from photobucket? I don't necessarily want to share the whole album! PLEASE HELP!!!
#9 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgal View Post
OK--how do you get JUST a single shot of a photo posted from photobucket? I don't necessarily want to share the whole album! PLEASE HELP!!!
\

i just clicked on the picture in photobucket and copy & pasted the URL to my post. hope that helps because i'd love to see what you have!

stephanie asl.gif

#10 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 08:28 AM

Links to my whole album come up when I try that...I've been fiddling for about 30 mins now. I JUST want the one single pic to come up!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...s/IMGP2879.jpg

Wait a minute--I think I just did it! Here it is! Ah, posting on MDC will never be the same...
#11 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

i'm right there with ya, dutchgal! now we know how to post photos! yeah for us! like i said, i went immediately to "show me your belly pics" and posted a few there.

lovely cast, btw! your belly is such a perfect shape! are you planning on decorating it in any way?

i saw a beautiful photo online of a cast hung on the wall with sheer fabric draped over it. i think i may try this because it looked so subtle. my husband thinks we should get a podium for it!?

stephanie asl.gif

#12 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the compliments! I realized after the casting that my belly is a little lopsided from the babe laying in the one side of my tummy!

I bought some gesso today, I want to put a layer of gesso on it, then either paint it or collage some printed favorite pics of DH and I onto it. I will probably hang it up in the bedroom...I love that I did it, the lady behind the counter at the store where I bought the plaster of paris strips wistfully said: "Oh I wish I had done that when I was pg..." and it just sealed the deal for me! I want no regrets or "wish I had done that" moments...
#13 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 AM

very cool ladies!
:

Grace Comes.

#14 of 15 Old 04-26-2007, 10:28 AM

We bought the plaster cloth from an art supply store and my son is super excited to do it together this weekend (and we got lots of extra to do hands or whatever!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#15 of 15 Old 04-27-2007, 04:31 PM

I bought the Proudbelly kit on amazon.com for only $17 and it comes with 5 rolls of the plaster tape (which it would have cost close to that much for the plaster tape anyway, when I priced it out). I'm going to try to wait 2 more weeks to do it, though, since I'm only 36 weeks right now. This may be my last pregnancy so I wanted to do what I could to preserve the memory of it.

Nice job, dutchgal! What a perfect preggo belly you have!

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese proverb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page