Induction Update.....Sorry..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 04-25-2007, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been reading the thread on how many of you go and lurk at other boards and it's bothersome how others are talking of inductions etc. I hope that you will forgive me for wanting to share my story with you all these last few months. When I found this board, I was ttc and didn't even know if we would get pregnant. After a few months we got pregnant and here we found out if was with twins!!! Sadly we lost one at 13 weeks. I had intended on having another natural birth in the beginning, but because of the complications of loosing one twin and our previous stillborn birth late in pregnancy, an induction was discussed and then scheduled for 38ish weeks so that we could make sure we didn't chance loosing another daughter.
I thank you to all who know my background and who have supported me through this journey. It has meant a great deal to me! (((((((((((hugs!))))))))))

Here is my update:

I got a call from a new doctor today, Dr. Florenz, announcing that she will be the one inducing me. This is the 5th doctor that I've had now and I won't even meet this doctor until the morning she induces me. (Wish my doctor was more competent!)
She said that as of now, they will start induction after 7:30am Monday. I'm supposed to be there at 7:15 to register and then go over things with her on the ward. She said the time may change to later morning and if it does, she will let me know tomorrow afternoon. We will be starting with stripping my membranes and rupturing my water bag. If things are slow to start, she said she will then use the cervical gel. I don;t think things will be very slow though because my plug came out over a week ago, I've had 2 bloody shows and I swear she dropped even lower over night. Also I've had some funny yellow mucus again today....not sure what that means, as well as a lot of braxton hicks, which are getting quite strong.

So it looks like Monday sometime we will have our little girl, if she doesn't come sooner and hopefully things will go smoothly for us and she will come into this world in a healthy way. Thank you again to those who have supported me through this and for all your positive thoughts!! Your support has meant so much to me!

Oh!! Hubby and I have decided that on Sunday night, we are going to go out for dinner together and enjoy the evening in a romantic way before we have this new little life joins us and I am also going to indulge in my last peice of cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!! hee! heee!
#2 of 22 Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 PM

I'm so happy for you. Its wonderful to hear that you have made it this far and that your daughter is healthy. I think that's just absolutely wonderful.

I do feel compelled to comment on the post about lurking on other boards, as the post was mine. I don't have a problem with inductions, c-sections, or medical interventions in general. I truly believe that they are useful and necessary in many contexts. Case in point - yours. Your induction seems to weigh risk and rewards. You have my support momma! Good luck Monday and enjoy your cheesecake as best you can!

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#3 of 22 Old 04-25-2007, 11:29 PM

A very good friend of mine had to be induced because of rather serious medical concerns for her own health and she really wanted labor to happen on it's own. She layed down and thought about the birth she wanted, talked to her body about being ready and such, and then fell asleep. She went into labor and had the bay 3 hours before the scheduled induction! I did the same thing (although no induction was scheduled - just the talking to my body and the baby and waking up in labor). So, I always like to put in a plug for getting really relaxed, letting go of fear or hesitations, and really allowing yourself to be ready.

That said, we all have to make the best choices for ourselves and our babies and I hope you don't find any judgment here for the path you are on. Wishing you nothing but the best of smooth labor vibes and a wonderfully healthy baby!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#4 of 22 Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Hey...I want to say too that of course there are times when induction is totally necessary I think we were talking more about elective induction/sections, etc. I would never judge anyone who decided on or needed an induction. You've been through a lot trying to keep your little one in and healthy. You'll finally get to meet her on Monday and you must be so very happy!

Good luck! Pam
#5 of 22 Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 PM

You were able to make the right decision for you and your family and have all of the best information.I wasn't given all of the information and that is why I am still bitter about my induction.I hope that things will go smoothly for you dear mama!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#6 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMommaof3+1 View Post
I have been reading the thread on how many of you go and lurk at other boards and it's bothersome how others are talking of inductions etc.
I think what most of us find bothersome about the other boards and the inductions that are occurring there is because they are not inductions for medical reasons. For instance, one mom on another board that I post on had an induction last week (at 36 1/2 weeks) simply because she was tired of being pregnant. *shrug* Not something I would choose, that's for sure!

I wish you the best of luck on Monday and hope that everything works out for the best. (For my own curiousity, because I can't remember and I'm SURE that you've mentioned it before, why are you trying to hold off until Monday if your body seems to be ready now?? )

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#7 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Oh, how exciting! And really, in your situation I'd have an induction too -- don't feel bad about that at all!

Can't wait to hear all about your new baby, and I think your plan to go out and splurge on some cheesecake sounds fabulous.
#8 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 AM

So glad things are looking so well and that you'll get to meet your daughter Monday at the latest! You've had a rough road and deserve to be very excited with no shame!

About the other post - I think most of us are saddened to read about all the mom's out there who are uneducated about their bodies and birth in general and blindly choose options. That doesn't fit you at all!

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#9 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Yep, yours is the type of induction that I support wholeheartedly. Good luck, mama!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#10 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 AM

Just want you to know, you are my sister! I too had my baby early due to maternal history & full term stillbirth! You have 100% of my support! A live baby at any cost was my mantra!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#11 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Oh *sniff*

THank you! Thank you! THank you!!!!
I needed to read every word you all wrote. I was afraid to come in here after I posted, but I really wanted to take a chance and connect with you all because I know that some of you have followed my journey from the beginning. Thank you for your honest opinions and also for your loving support. It means a whole LOT to me!!

Debstmomy, (((((((((((HUGE hugs to you Momma!))))))))))

To answer, the reason I have been fighting to keep my baby in as long as possible is because I really want to give her the best start that I can. I know my body was ready at 36 weeks, but my doctors were really scaring me with the statics of respiratory problems and how a week or two longer could make such a differance in her favor. So I wanted to fight for my little girl and try to give her as long as I could in there so I knew I gave it all I had and gave her the best chances that I could. THat's why my goal was to reach my induction date. :0)
#12 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
Yep, yours is the type of induction that I support wholeheartedly. Good luck, mama!!!
yeah that! good luck, mama!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#13 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 05:58 AM

Good luck, mama!

Can't wait to hear your birthstory and see pics of the new little one!

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#14 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 AM

no judgement here & happy birthing! and enjoy sunday night.....

stephanie asl.gif

#15 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 08:17 AM

I didn't know there could be risk to the remaining twin. I hope you don't mind my asking or take my curiosity as judgement--I really want to know. What are the risks?

ETA- I tend to hold off judgement here at MDC because it seems like moms here are more apt to make informed decisions, etc. whereas I think I rush to judgement at the conventional birth boards (which I don't visit ever anymore) because I tend to think they don't make very informed decisions. I know this logic isn't perfect, but it saves my MDC sistren(sp?) from being judged so it can't be all bad.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#16 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM

No judgement here either, dear woman! Wishing you and the little one only the best- enjoy snday evening and your daughter's grand entrance

Grace Comes.

#17 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 AM

Watch you'll go into labour naturally right in the middle of your date! Best of luck to you mama and I'll be waiting for the good news!

ILANA
#18 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM

I hope you have a wonderful birth on Monday
#19 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Oh thank you all!!
And I think you may be right, I am starting to get signs that I may go sooner then Monday. I was up all night last night for no reason what-so-ever, just lying there. And then I started getting braxtons that were starting to get painful, with backache. I decided to check my cervix and it has CHANGED!!!! It has gotten thinner and is now at least 3 cm dilated. Today I feel backachy and lots more hicks happening. Lots of pressure also! I'm not so sure I will make it to Monday. Lol! My next appointment is tomorrow so I'll update as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I didn't know there could be risk to the remaining twin. I hope you don't mind my asking or take my curiosity as judgement--I really want to know. What are the risks?
THe risk comes not only from loosing one twin during the pregnancy, but also from having a previous stillborn birth late in the pregnancy. So because of the 2 loses, it makes for extra precautions.
#20 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Good luck momma!!
#21 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 04:35 PM

Just wanted to jump in with my support too. You are definitely making an informed decision and it is not just for your convenience. You have your medical reasons and that is what induction is there for. It really sounds like your body is getting ready too, which makes a huge difference in an induction.

I hope you have a wonderful time as you get ready to have this baby and I wish you a very special night on Sunday too. Blessings!
#22 of 22 Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

THank you so much Momma!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page