question for those who are still nursing (xposted) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-26-2007, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are they nursing more now? DD has been on me all day today. i don't know why. She was down to nursing only at naptime and bedtime. But it seems like I can't catch a break for the last few days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 PM

Your milk is probably changing again and getting sweeter/yummier.They also tend to get clingier right before the birth.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#3 of 5 Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Seamus has some very nursey days and some days where he doesn't seem to care in the least.
I nurse him as much as my body says is OK, but when I start getting the creepy-crawlies I have to stop or I start being a mean mommy, and what's the point of that?
Usually between other foods and saying "get ready to be done nursing" followed shortly there after by a countdown from 10 or 5 to one we can avoid conflict, but not always.

I can't wait until the new baby is here just so nursing isn't annoying anymore. I hope I don't mind nursing the toddler then.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#4 of 5 Old 04-27-2007, 01:07 AM

The other day my DS said there was a little bit of milk and it was sweet. Up until then he'd been saying there was nothing there, which didn't dissuade him from nursing once or twice a day, briefly. So now I'm looking at nursing a 4yo and a newborn, folks! :
#5 of 5 Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 PM

My 2 & 1/2 ds is still at it, too. Sometimes my nipples are so sensitive that I have to try to distract him with an activity so he won't ask I'm never going to completely deny him as I expect him to self wean anyway, but I'm thinking he's also helping me by preparing my nipples for that 24/7 newborn nursing thing. I have to keep that in the back of my mind when I'm wishing he'd leave it alone for awhile.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page