~~*Spotlight on doulalove, if she accepts:)*~~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you don't I won't be offended. You seem like you'd like to join the fun!

What is your guilty food pleasure while pregnant?

When do you think your baby will come?

Did you have a baby shower or blessingway, or neither for baby?

What are your favorite hobbies (if you have the time:P)

Answer if you will, or if you won't we'll just ignore this thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 02:22 PM

awww...thanks, funkygranolamama! i'd love to join in the fun....

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygranolamama View Post

What is your guilty food pleasure while pregnant?

When do you think your baby will come?

Did you have a baby shower or blessingway, or neither for baby?

What are your favorite hobbies (if you have the time:P)

Answer if you will, or if you won't we'll just ignore this thread!
Guilty food pleasure = vanilla ice cream with creamy peanut butter! I eat it about 4 times a week (after the girls go to bed!). I keep telling myself that my body is craving calcium & protein.

I'd like Baby to come May 9 which is my grandmother's birthday. But...since I'm due 5/13, I'm gearing myself up for at least 2 weeks late so as to not get my hopes up.

Since this is my 3rd, I didn't have any special celebrations. I'm absolutely ok with that, though! We had a big party for my husband's 50th birthday earlier this month & that was all the "partying" I needed. I did get together with my sister & dearest friend for some preggo photos & that was very special!

My favorite hobby right now is jewelry making. I'm obsessed! Even though I have 2 little girls, they play great together & I have lots of time to sit & fiddle with beads. Yesterday I cleaned out closets & sold stuff on craigslist to make some money to support my habit.

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 04:48 PM

I LOVE peanut butter and vanilla(bean) icecream, it's the best! I didn't know anyone else shared that with me.

Where do you think you will be in 5 years?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#4 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I LOVE peanut butter and vanilla(bean) icecream, it's the best! I didn't know anyone else shared that with me.

Where do you think you will be in 5 years?
i was just talking about my "5 year plan" with a friend yesterday. i've never been one to think that far ahead in life, but now that i know my last babe is on the way, it's easier to envision my life branching out of motherhood. (this is NOT to say that i don't love being a mama & cherish these times!). anyway, i'm a new doula & working on my childbirth education certification, as well. i hope to have a small "birthy" business off the ground in 5 years incorporating CBE classes & belly casting & pregnancy photography & prenatal yoga & doula (labor & post partum) services. this is my dream! if the homebirth & birthing center bills pass here in illinois (which is looking good, ladies!) i think the NCB atmosphere will change around here & my birthy business won't be so difficult to establish.

in 5 years our babies will be getting ready to go to kindergarten!? isn't that insane? life will definitely change for me, at that junction.

we'll still be living in suburban chicago but my husband can retire from teaching in 10 years & my life might turn upside at that point. we can only wait & see.....

stephanie asl.gif

#5 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Ah... what's your favorite thing about being a doula?

And who are some of your heros??

Grace Comes.

#6 of 10 Old 04-27-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Ah... what's your favorite thing about being a doula?

And who are some of your heros??
i absolutely love the teaching aspect of being a doula....which is why i'm also starting to pursue my CBE cert. i enjoy the prenatal visits, getting to know the families, learning what their knowlege base is & going from there. in the process, I'VE learned a ton, as well. i've voraciously read books & articles & MDC, of course! these women in the "birth professionals" forum know their stuff. the actual births are wonderful, too, but i've yet to attend a birth not pregnant so they've worn me out completely!

heroes? that's a tough one. i've never been one to look up to specific famous or reknowned people even though i completely respect anyone who GIVES of themself. i think we could all give a little more, to be honest.

stephanie asl.gif

#7 of 10 Old 04-28-2007, 04:18 AM

How did you end up in Chicago or have you been there all your life?

Tell us a little about your family! Include as much extended family as you like in this answer

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#8 of 10 Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
How did you end up in Chicago or have you been there all your life?

Tell us a little about your family! Include as much extended family as you like in this answer
i've been in chicagoland almost my entire life. i was born in tennessee but moved to chicago when i was four. we moved again, about an hour outside of the city (elgin), when i was in first grade & stayed there my entire childhood before i moved back into the city for nursing school. (i consider myself a definite combination of country mouse & city mouse! i live in the suburbs right now but that's not the combo i'm talking about. )

i'm married to the "absent minded professor." (well...he's actually a high school history teacher but he's definitely absent minded.) when he retires in 10 yrs he does want to teach at a small college, though. he's currently in grad school pursuing his phd in curriculum. kermit has an older daughter who's almost 25 & she just got back from a 2 year volunteer service in bosnia & then amsterdam. she's headed to iowa for grad school in a few months to study linguistics. (she speaks 3 languages fluently & 2 others conversationally). simone & kaiya are our little girls & they are fantastic! simone is my girly-girl & kai is the spunky one. they are both very loving & cuddly and they can't wait to meet their new little brother, ezra.

i am so blessed to have wonderful relationships with my extended family! my sister & brother live in chicago & i see them regulary. they are two of my dearest friends! my parents live in wisconsin but are moving back to illinois in a few months....as soon as they can find a house!? my husband's parents live in northern indiana so we see them often & he also has one sis in indianapolis & another in orange county, california.

stephanie asl.gif

#9 of 10 Old 04-28-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

I am not having a shower or blessingway either, and that's a-ok for me!
I am also working on my third, and I also have a "Kaya". Spelling is a little different but sounds the same, surely. Haven't tried the peanut butter ice cream stuff, but MAN that sounds good!

Thanks for joining in the fun!
#10 of 10 Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkygranolamama View Post
I am not having a shower or blessingway either, and that's a-ok for me!
I am also working on my third, and I also have a "Kaya". Spelling is a little different but sounds the same, surely. Haven't tried the peanut butter ice cream stuff, but MAN that sounds good!

Thanks for joining in the fun!

wow! we have quite a bit in common! and thanks for including me in the fun....

stephanie asl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page