I'm nesting again - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm nesting *again*. I thought that I was ready for baby - bags packed, clothes ready. I was done deep cleaning my house and I was just keeping up with the cleanliness.

This morning it occured to me that the diapers are organized and neither are the toys. (toys? I'm worried about the toys?) So now the baby/toddler room is a stinkin' MESS. Toys are everywhere. OMG. Because the newborn cares about toys, right? WTH? Or because my 2 year old wants to play with every toy we've ever owned today?

Diapers had to get washed and washed and washed and I've got more diapers on their way that I'll have to wash and wash over the weekend. Ask me why I'm doing it twice.... lol. (Honestly its two loads, but its still funny to me)

We haven't even decided where the baby is sleeping. Seems logical I know - but between sidecar-ing the crib (taking it apart to get it out of the toddler room, buying a 3 sided basinet or buying a side rail for the bed - oh and then there is the option of using the pack and play in our bedroom. And we are moving my 2 year old son from the crib to a toddler bed, but its not arrived yet. So I can't even pretend to do something about that.

For clarity, my kids will be sharing a room. Well except for that the babe will actually be sleeping with me. But her stuff will be in with her brother's. Its their room.

Blah blah blah. I feel so unorganized. Now after reading the unprepared thread, I'm worried that I'll go into labor and have to leave the stinkin' room so messy. :

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Vanessa I can so relate. I was freaking out over our garage. We finally got it cleaned a couple of weeks ago. A good friend said to me, um you planning on keeping the peanut in the garage. Well no and duh, can you see the baby's reaction when we come home and she sees the garage and what a mess it was.

Heidi
Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM

If it's any consolation to you, you have company.

I dont' know if I could homebirth again. Just trying to keep the house clean...never knowing when the blessed moment will be, has made me totally exhausted!

I still have to steam clean the carpets, because of course this baby will crawl as soon as it's born.

I would recommend a pack n' play. I sleep with my babe until he is too rowdy in bed then I put the pack n' play up near the bed. So, if he wants to nurse I can get him quickly and nurse him...usually he ends up in bed with me anyways. I keep the pack n' play in my room it makes it easier for naps too.

I also have a bassinette. I think it's a waste of money. My babes out grow it by 4 months and then it sit in my closet (taking up space) until the next wee one comes along. I am thinking about trading it in.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:10 PM

I understand as well. Yesterday was a very contracting and crampy and achey day, and I've been nesting a lot the past several days. So in the evening dh and I finally got several things up on the walls in a couple bedrooms (we moved into this house about 2 months ago) and got our bags more thoroughly packed. Made us realize there are a lot of little things we could do to further along the packing and house decorating process.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hang in there!
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM

HUGS mama. I'm finding it pretty frustrating too. We still have no bathroom downstairs! Egh! I ended up detailing my car yesterday. I washed the windows 3 times and still there were streaks! I must give in to the possibility that the new baby doesn't care about streaks!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 04-28-2007, 01:34 PM

I haven't stopped nesting. I vacum my house every day now (pick the toys up throw them on the couch vacum, then the kids have the toys back down before the vacum is away)
Today I'm buying magic clean eraser and windex, and my two older boys are going to clean all the low windows and the crayon off the walls in exchange for beads i'm getting good at delegating
Old 04-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Vanessa I can so relate. I was freaking out over our garage. We finally got it cleaned a couple of weeks ago. A good friend said to me, um you planning on keeping the peanut in the garage. Well no and duh, can you see the baby's reaction when we come home and she sees the garage and what a mess it was.
Oh, my....I've got dh out cleaning ours as I type this. =) My nesting comes in spurts. I'll be gung-ho, and then not care. But, I feel like sticking close to homethese days and I've decided that that is nesting as well. I've got my sister's daughters today, and I keep telling myself that it's okay if they get out that toy/puzzle/book.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Old 04-28-2007, 02:13 PM

teehee, you guys are so funny!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

Old 04-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysmomofthree View Post
Today I'm buying magic clean eraser and windex, and my two older boys are going to clean all the low windows and the crayon off the walls in exchange for beads i'm getting good at delegating
Great idea! DS is obsessed with mr clean and especially the magic eraser

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 04-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Seriously about the toys

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My children are not thrilled with the amount of delegating I have been doing.

Heidi
Old 04-28-2007, 10:20 PM

I have enforced nesting today -- my friend who's hosting and I planned more than a month ago to have my mother blessing at my house so I would have an excuse/necessity to clean our house enough for lots of female company -- so I am sprucing up tonight! I used a smudge stick around the house last night and opened up all the windows and turned on the fans today (it hit 80oF finally!) to clean out the stale winter air. It's starting to feel really ready!

User Tag List