almost there... finally!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With all the commotion this April, I had serious doubts that I'd get to see 36 weeks, but it's just around the corner (Monday, to be exact). No real signs of labor yet, so getting through the weekend shouldn't be a problem - but I'm definitely starting to feel different, like my body is getting ready.

I talked with my mw today and I got the go ahead to add stimulation with a breast pump twice a day, starting next week, to my epo "let's get it started" regimen. (Normally, I wouldn't be so anxious for a jump start at 36 weeks, but since we're worried about how much longer these placentas will hold out - they're showing calcifications on u/s and the s/d ratio is starting to creep up - then I'm all for it. Especially, if it means avoiding medical interventions in a few weeks if things did go downhill... so please, no flames!)

I'm so ready for babies!!! Today while I was at the birth center having an NST I got to hear a birth in the next room... It got me strangely excited about my own birth. Can't wait!
#2 of 6 Old 04-27-2007, 06:26 PM

this is great news! and i absolutely adore the names you've picked out for you sweet little girls!!! i look forward to hearing about your birth real soon.

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-28-2007, 03:38 AM

Wow, that is really wonderful news!! here's to hoping those babies and placentas hold out a few more days!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#4 of 6 Old 04-28-2007, 12:57 PM

Oh, this is exiting! I have been rooting for you along your journey! you have done such a great job Momma, I'm very proud of you! I look forward to reading your birth story, I know it will be an amazing one! You are having the twins that I wasn't able to have so I am very exited and will be watching for your posts! Good luck and thank you for keeping us updated!
Many good thoughts and love coming your way!
#5 of 6 Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM

great news, mama!!! and i second, the names you picked are really nice!

come on, placentas, only a couple days to go!!!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

#6 of 6 Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
so please, no flames!
You're kidding, right?! You are the super mother of twins here! You know best, and a little secret between you and your breast pump or DH is safe with us!

I'm probably most excited to hear your birth story out of most people on this board -- I see the adulteration of twin/mama triads way too often not to be totally ecstatic for you. You have done such a phenomenal job of keeping yourself and your babies healthy and making the best choices for your family. Congratulations on 36 weeks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page