Nesting is not supposed to be another episdode of the misadventures of Laura - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everything I do is a misadventure. Well, maybe not *everything*, but a lot of things. Often it's funny and fun and kinda weird, but it usually works out. Nesting should not be like this. It's not funny or fun in any way.

I was washing the receiving blankets and baby's clothes for the birth kit. The washing machine decided to start spewing a rusty goo onto the clothes. : Only two blankets got marred, no biggie; but the ADORABLE sleeper I've been looking forward to seeing MY baby in for months is RUINED. I've tried everything to get the rust out with no luck and now the sleeper is actually even more ruined. A few other things got marred too.

Then, this morning I hear "LAURA!!" screamed from the bath room by my husband. Of course when I say "WHAT???" He doesn't respond.
DId I mention that this is the bathroom I spent HOURS cleaning yesterday. It was cleaner than ever.
Well I was having some contractions (real ones) last night and thruout the night my body was. . .cleaning out. . .I have forgotton and accidently flushed the wet wipes before. When the toilet backs up for me *I* immediately run, get the plunger, and resolve the situation.
Well, my husband screams for me AFTER the entire bathroom is flooded with poo water. :
I know the situation is my fault, but COME ON don't just stand there.
Then he complained about how gross it was. . .like I'm not grossed out. . .and about how he doesn't want to touch the towels. . .like I do. . .All this as the water is seeping into the drywall. .
I started crying that I spend a ton of time cleaning that bathroom and if anyone gets to be upset it's ME. He immediately started helpin.

Fun stuff.

And I have a take home test to finish today, some more nesting to do, and I was expecting to go into labor soon. . .
This is NOT what Laura needs.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#2 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 10:46 AM

If it makes you feel any better you just made my extra long day yesterday not seem so bad. In fact I am now feeling much better.

Mom of 3.
#3 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 AM

: I hope it gets better.

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#4 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 01:00 PM

sounds like a modern version of "i love lucy"

you know....maybe someday you can look back and laugh? maybe?:

sorry mama !!!

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#5 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

It IS like I love Lucy. . .but I'm not as cute when it's happening

Nah, it's OK now. I decided to go ahead and use my washer to wash those NASTY towels. So far it's not continuing to spew rust

Sorry I had to whine earlier or I would just cry.

I finished the test ! Now I only have ONE test left (on Wednesday). It's multiple choice though so I'm NOT sweating it at all. I'm going to kick back and review a chapter or two, watch a movie, and let my body do whatever the heck it wants.

THanks guys

~laura
#6 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Oh bummer! I hope today is better!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#7 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Aw, man, that just sucks! I agree, hope you can laugh about it soon. So sorry the clean bath was ruined. Love your fresh attitude! May it spread.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#8 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
decided to go ahead and use my washer to wash those NASTY towels. So far it's not continuing to spew rust
I just hade to say Of course not.

So glad you only have one test left and an easy one at that

Rest well and hopefully the rest of your home will not fall apart
#9 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 PM

ARRGH!!! s to you, that sounds horrible!!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#10 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM

Ugh! Sorry about the mishaps.
#11 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 04:51 PM

I'm not sure where you live, or if it's available near you, but we have lots of iron and hard water issues here. What works the best for removing the iron is a product called IRON OUT. I'm sure it's not environmentally friendly, could anything that works so well be? It does take out iron/rust, however, and it's not necessary to use it frequently. Works the best with whites, as it will cause some colors to run.
#12 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post
I'm not sure where you live, or if it's available near you, but we have lots of iron and hard water issues here. What works the best for removing the iron is a product called IRON OUT. I'm sure it's not environmentally friendly, could anything that works so well be? It does take out iron/rust, however, and it's not necessary to use it frequently. Works the best with whites, as it will cause some colors to run.
I second that... but if you've already been using other products and ruined it then it may be too late. Can you post a pic? did you make it or buy it? Curious minds want to know

And I'm sorry you were having such a crappy day. seems like it's ending up ok though.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#13 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 09:36 PM

Awwwww... I'm so sorry! That totally sucks.

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#14 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for just being nice and caring that I had a bad start to today

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmommy View Post
That's the name of the mystery product I used earlier. It just bleached out the sleeper, but I followed the directions to clean the washer. It seems to have helped, but I can tell that the fumes from it also brought out some rust that was hiding before (It made the rust in the lid swell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I second that... but if you've already been using other products and ruined it then it may be too late. Can you post a pic? did you make it or buy it? Curious minds want to know

And I'm sorry you were having such a crappy day. seems like it's ending up ok though.
Ahh! The chemist comes around The sleeper is just a Child of Mine one that I've had for a few years. It's actually one that I've had for a few years--it was on a doll of mine and. . .I'm just a dork. It doesn't matter. I was thinking of maybe trying the iron out one more time on it since it's not like I'm going to ruin it too much more. Then maybe I can dye it.

So, I was wondering about this Iron Out stuff I did to the washer though. Do you think it's actually loosening up rust that may have been stable before? Like in the lid. I didn't even notice that rust before and now the edge is swollen.

Maybe I can take pictures.

~laura
#15 of 21 Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Hmmmm... I've never had that experience before, so I don't know what to tell you. It is possible, I suppose. How long did you let it soak? I think the longest I've let it go (the time I forgot about something in the washer) was only a couple of hours. I didn't notice anything with the rust; it was with my old washer, so I think I would have noticed the rust changing. Maybe not.

Yeah, I've ruined a few things with Iron Out. The most noticeable item was a pair of khaki pants. They became an unsightly yellow. Don't try to use IO on khaki, it's not pretty, lol!
#16 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 03:42 AM

((((((((((((((Laura)))))))))))))

You poor thing! You have had enough huh!? I'm sorry he messed up your clean bathroom at least he helped you clean it up.

My DH would do the samething just stand there and yell for me!? MEN!!
#17 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
((((((((((((((Laura)))))))))))))

You poor thing! You have had enough huh!? I'm sorry he messed up your clean bathroom at least he helped you clean it up.

My DH would do the samething just stand there and yell for me!? MEN!!
It was a little funny seeing him stranded in the shower looking helpless

~laura
#18 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Ahh! The chemist comes around The sleeper is just a Child of Mine one that I've had for a few years. It's actually one that I've had for a few years--it was on a doll of mine and. . .I'm just a dork. It doesn't matter. I was thinking of maybe trying the iron out one more time on it since it's not like I'm going to ruin it too much more. Then maybe I can dye it.
actually, more like a woman who is as sappy as you and would either buy or sew you another one and mail it out to you if it was something that was special to you

Quote:
So, I was wondering about this Iron Out stuff I did to the washer though. Do you think it's actually loosening up rust that may have been stable before? Like in the lid. I didn't even notice that rust before and now the edge is swollen.
It's a possibility. Sounds like it's time for a new washer. Probably not what you wanted to hear : Are you on a well?

#19 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
It was a little funny seeing him stranded in the shower looking helpless
I would have left him there to figure his own way out of his own mess. Sheesh!

#20 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
actually, more like a woman who is as sappy as you and would either buy or sew you another one and mail it out to you if it was something that was special to you

It's a possibility. Sounds like it's time for a new washer. Probably not what you wanted to hear : Are you on a well?
Awww that is soooo sweet (about the sleeper)

Well, it IS sorta what I wanted to hear about the washer) I was feeling torn, like maybe I shouldn't just go get a "new" washer, but if it does sound like it's proabbly time then I fell less guilty retiring the old one. We have city water.

~laura
#21 of 21 Old 04-30-2007, 06:08 PM

We got a new washer a year or so ago and one thing we found was that you could get washers with steel bins or washers with plastic bins. Most of the guys that we talked to were REALLY surprised that we hadn't had any rust streaking from our 20+ yr old washing machine and we ended up opting for the plastic tubs. Even with the advances in plastic I have reservations about how long the plastic tub will last, but knowing that appliances are made with built in obsolesence I don't think it matters anyways!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page