24 Hours and then induction time.......... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*sigh*

Well, this is it Mommas! THe day before the big day.
**A bit scared**
In 24 hours I will be induced and will have a new experience to share. I am slightly nervous at the thought of how things will go and if the doctors will work with me to make this birth a calm and healthy one, especially being that it's a doctor I have never met that is going to induce me. I hope and pray that things will go smoothly and baby girl will make it into this world with no problems. I am a bit scared about getting an epi and have heard some stories of Mommas throwing up, so I really hope that I handle it well and don't do that. It will be a whole new experience for me to be out of control, so-to-speak with my legs and body etc. I just hope that I can push her out without them having to use other interventions to get her out. I also hope that my labor goes quickly, even with the epi. so it doesn't wear off by the time I deliver her. I really hope baby is ok and I can't wait to see her face. I am nervous to go through this experience because my last 2 were born naturally with no intervention.
Thank you for all your support during this journey, I will have so much to share with you all when I come back Tuesday night or Wednesday. Good luck to all of you who are also about to bring a new life into this world. All the best to you and I will be looking for your birth stories when I come back. Happy healthy deliveries to you!
((((((((((hugs!)))))))))))
#2 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 01:39 PM

you are going to do GREAT!

i have heard tons of good stories that start with inductions....and epis too. think positive! see if they can start you on a lower dose of the epi so you can still feel enough to push....they can always add more if they need to....right?

its gonna go well and i bet it will all be over in a flash.....and before you know it you will be home

keep us posted

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#3 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Best wishes for a happy healthy delivery and a happy healthy baby! Think positive. You're going to do great!

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#4 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM

Not in your DDC but I lurk here. It is funny that I stumbled across your post today as I was just thinking this morning about my sister's last induction. She went in in the morning, got her epi, got hooked up to the pit and sat and watched TV all day while we hung out with her. Late in the afternoon the dr came in a checked her and she was at 10. We left the room and a half hour later we went in to meet her new baby. I know not all inductions go like that, but I hope that yours goes as smoothly as hers did. Good luck!!

Beth

Beth wife to Tom and mommy to Therese 11/4/04 Anna Mary 6/15/07 and Veronica 10/20/09
#5 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Oh thank you so much for that!!! I needed to read something positive! You know how the mind starts freaking out and going to the what-if place? That's where mine's at! So I thank you!

Thank you Mommas for all your encouragement. I'm just getting ready to go out to dinner with hubby tonight and thenit will be an early night because we'll be up at 5am to leave for the hospital at 6am to meet with the doctor and book in around 7ish and get things started around 8am ish. I'm hoping that I get some sort of sleep tonight, but I'm not going to count on it! Lol! Supper with hubby will be nice though and I look forward to a romantic evening! AND I'm getting my cheesecake for dessert!! Yeah~!!!!! hee! heee!
#6 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 05:14 PM

How wonderful! We are all eagerly awaiting your updating post in a couple days.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#7 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Good Luck You Will Do Fine!

Heidi
#8 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 PM

you'll do great - can't wait to hear about your birth story and your little one
#9 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Hi! I've had three non-medicated births and one (my last..hospital)with an epidural. I was totally able to feel when I needed to push and I was telling the nurse and Dr. who were watching the monitor when it was time instead of vice versa. I was nervous about getting one thinking it would take away from the experience but I found it was fine and I was totally in control of pushing, etc.

Good luck and I'll be so excited to hear about your beautiful baby girl!

Pam
#10 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 09:33 PM

I'll definitely be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing about the experience afterward!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#11 of 14 Old 04-29-2007, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsingirl View Post
Hi! I've had three non-medicated births and one (my last..hospital)with an epidural. I was totally able to feel when I needed to push and I was telling the nurse and Dr. who were watching the monitor when it was time instead of vice versa. I was nervous about getting one thinking it would take away from the experience but I found it was fine and I was totally in control of pushing, etc.

Good luck and I'll be so excited to hear about your beautiful baby girl!

Pam
Thank you so much for sharing your experience!! That was very reassuring. I have done all my births without an epi or pain meds, so I have a lot of concerns/thoughts going through my mind. I so appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you!

Thank you Mommas!!
Hubby and I just got back from our romantic dinner together. We went out for Greek, it was delicious!! (I hope it doesn't come back on me tomorrow when I have the epi in me. ) Then we went our for cheesecake and tea!!! I loved our evening and now I'm going to sit and do my cross-stitch before I head to bed and read.
Thank you again for all the good vibes and positive thoughts. I can't wait to update you all on Wednesday!!
Best wishes and pain-free labor vibes to all of you!
#12 of 14 Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 AM

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow that you have a safe, happy, healthy and fast birth.

I can't wait to read your birth story!
#13 of 14 Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 AM

today's the day....

one last well-wish for you, mama! you'll do fabulously, i just know it!!!

stephanie asl.gif

#14 of 14 Old 04-30-2007, 10:39 AM

You are probably out the door soon for the hospital-- sending you lots of love!! You'll do great

Grace Comes.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page