Is anyone ready to be done? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I almost feel bad saying I'm soooo ready to be done! I really enjoy being pregnant except for the last few weeks... I feel so huge and uncomfortable, I'm grouchy to everyone (especially right now since I'm sick) sometimes I simply feel claustrophobic in my own body. I have everything done for this little one to be here and I just am soooo ready to have her in my arms and not in my ribs!
I know things will be so different going from one child to two and I should enjoy the last but the waiting is killing me.
The only thing I am sad about is my ds isn't going to be the only one anymore... I have really cherished the past 3 1/2 yrs and I will miss him being my little boy. I know hes still little but I'm sure he'll look big next to his sister.
So is anyone else feeling like this?
Oh yeah and someone remind me that I just couldn't wait when shes up all night crying and I'm sleep deprived....

Mommy to Two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 PM

i am ready to be done mainly because i can't stand the suspense anymore (i'll be 40 weeks on wednesday). you know, when's labor going to start - any minute...what was that twinge? could that be the beginning? etc, etc, etc. it is making me feel so anxious! i am just not good with the unknown i think.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:04 PM

I am SO ready to be done! The bad part is, I feel this way and my baby hasn't even reached the "done and waiting" stage yet... I'm 34 1/2 weeks. If I'm this tired, cranky, miserable and sore now, I don't know how I (or worse, my family who has to put up with me!) am going to survive the next several weeks!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I've been losing my plug over the weekend and had 5 or so hours of contractions 5-7 minutes apart last night and now it's back to limbo BH land. : I feel jipped and don't want the suspense hanging over my head much longer. Days and weeks of this is just not an option! I'm already starting to get a bit sore and tired.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

Old 04-29-2007, 10:12 PM

Done, done, done. So very done. I'm not a pleasant pregnant person, I much prefer labor and delivery to the 9 months previous. I'd go through L&D 10 times if I didn't have to be pregnant first. (there's a bunny on my front lawn, how awesome!!) Anyway, I feel bad expressing this at work because my boss is freaking out - they just hired my replacement last week and she doesn't start until May 14th - I've never been as pregnant as I would have to be to make it to May 14th and I'm not inclined to go for it this time. It's the busy season and I am just tired. Today would be fine, tomorrow, any day next week, etc.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 PM

I'm so done...but then I'm not! Last night I had some pretty strong BH's and I was feeling "off" and I just thought if this is it I am so not ready!!!! They finally stopped at 3AM!

It'll all be over soon!

Pam
Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 PM

I am SO ready to be done it's not even funny. I hate to sound bitchy, because I have been so lucky to have had easy pregnancies, but I've had enough.

I am so sore. It feels like his head is ready to fall out, I click when I sit up, sit down, roll over... I can't breathe. I have NO energy. Zero, zilch. I am on the verge of tears constantly these days (adding to this is that my grampa is dying...any day now they say), and nobody will let me rest. Not my toddler (of course, it's not his fault), my older son, my mother. UGH. My husband is trying to let me rest, he's really trying to pick up the slack with my toddler, but the little guy is being SO clingy and whiney...I want to scream.

I just pray, at this point, that babe's birth and my grampa's funeral don't coincide. Other than that, I am begging babe to come out SOON.

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiteLikeRain View Post
I am SO ready to be done it's not even funny. I hate to sound bitchy, because I have been so lucky to have had easy pregnancies, but I've had enough.

I am so sore. It feels like his head is ready to fall out, I click when I sit up, sit down, roll over... I can't breathe. I have NO energy. Zero, zilch. I am on the verge of tears constantly these days (adding to this is that my grampa is dying...any day now they say), and nobody will let me rest. Not my toddler (of course, it's not his fault), my older son, my mother. UGH. My husband is trying to let me rest, he's really trying to pick up the slack with my toddler, but the little guy is being SO clingy and whiney...I want to scream.

I just pray, at this point, that babe's birth and my grampa's funeral don't coincide. Other than that, I am begging babe to come out SOON.
erin, my grandpa is dying right now, too. it's quite an odd thing to deal with when you're about to give birth, isn't it? i want to be DONE and yet i would like for my grandfather to pass & allow everyone to mourn (especially my mom) without being conflicted about the joy of a new baby.

not to hijack the thread, but i had a very similar experience last year when i found out my brother & wife were pregnant with their first (after 2 years of TTC & eventual IVF) the same day i came home from the hospital after hemmhoraging post m/c. the circle of life does not elude me.....

stephanie asl.gif

Old 04-30-2007, 12:27 AM

I am ready to be done.

BUT

~I normally go late
~Dh has a bunch going on at work and while they could do without him it would be very difficult for the dept and he would loose out on OT.
~ It would ruin the anniversary plans we have, though because of the overtime going on its not going to be very romantic but at least we can enjoy each other. And its our 10th so much for big plans :
Old 04-30-2007, 12:32 AM

At 33 weeks, I'm starting to get that feeling of being ready to just have this over with. But at the same time, I'm remembering so clearly the feeling of emptiness when my dd was born; not a sad emptiness really, just a feeling of loss that I wouldn't be the only person on earth to feel her move anymore. KWIM?

Besides that, I'm SOOO ready to get rid of the shortness of breath, constant hip/back pains, and the inability to walk anywhere without having a million BHs!!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:41 AM

Please Lord, lift this heartburn from me. If that means going through labor, I'll do it. But I can't have this heartburn anymore!

Also, it's getting hard to sit with such a belly!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM

Ah, yup, I'm all set. I am 38 weeks today, so I could go any time now, hopefully not much past my "due" date. My daughter was a couple days late, so hopefully this little person will want to show up in a timely manner. I am achy, sore, anxious, easily irritated. I wish I had the time right now to just shut everything out so I could mentally and physically prepare for the events to come. Not having any time to myself is really getting to me lately.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:37 AM

I would be OK having the baby now, but my insurance will cover it (after I pay $5400 deductible!) on Tuesday, so it'd be best to wait until then. I'm not dying to give birth and have a baby yet.

I was born in the same hospital a few days before my dad's mom died. I'm told he brought me to her before she died. She was a L&D nurse, so I'm sure seeing a baby (and her grandchild to boot) was really special. I know me being born DID help my dad with her death.

The thing I'm most anxious for is finding out the sex and seeing how my birth goes, since it could be either a UC or a hospital birth! I just want to know the end of the story already.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 AM

Yes, I am more then ready! I will be 40 wks on Fri. Hopefully she comes soon as I am depressed, tired, cranky, sore and just so very ready! But if she doesn't come by Fri we will be going camping

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin'Momto4 View Post
Yes, I am more then ready! I will be 40 wks on Fri. Hopefully she comes soon as I am depressed, tired, cranky, sore and just so very ready! But if she doesn't come by Fri we will be going camping
seriously? you're going camping? wowsa!!! if sleeping on the hard ground doesn't bring on labor, i don't know what will. have fun!

stephanie asl.gif

Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
seriously? you're going camping? wowsa!!! if sleeping on the hard ground doesn't bring on labor, i don't know what will. have fun!
Yes, we are going camping But we sleep in a camper...LOL! We had my 7 yrs old surprise bday party on Sat and I thought for sure that would have brought on labor as I was running around getting drinks, decorating, getting band aids, having 7, 7 yr old boys running around, it was fun though and NO labor...LOL!

Julie (34)
Mom to 3 boys + 3 girls = PERFECTION joy.gif
Collector of TOYS!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 AM

It's amazing, how quickly you can make the transition from not ready to ready... 3 weeks ago on my first trip to the hospital, I was crying hysterically telling my DH that I just wanted ready to not be pregnant any more. This weekend, I looked him in the eye totally dead pan and said "I'm ready". Seriously, it hit, just like that - I'm huge now, and it's not even discomfort that really gets me, I still feel pretty decent. (This morning, my dad even said "so how come you're not complaining like all the other women in this family did?") It's the immobility!!! It is just getting SO hard to do anything... And it never registers with me that it's b/c of this 40 lb bowling ball attached to my waist. I actually got up today and thought - what did I do to make my legs sore???

But 36 weeks is today and I feel like my body is starting to get ready for something to happen soon!!! It sure will be nice when DH can hold at least one of these babes for me!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM

I'm ready too. It seems like every night when I get into bed and feel so sore and crampy and icky that I talk to my belly and let babe know that she can come out now. She's got permission. : As if its up to me giving her permission.

When I was pregnant with DS, my dad was going through cancer/radiation/chemo. It was a very surreal experience for me. We would talk often about our doctor appts and how we were feeling. In retrospect, I believe that my pregnancy, and then later the birth and life of DS is what kept my dad going. He has made a full recovery and I can say without a doubt that he's my son's *favorite* grandparent.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulalove View Post
erin, my grandpa is dying right now, too. it's quite an odd thing to deal with when you're about to give birth, isn't it? i want to be DONE and yet i would like for my grandfather to pass & allow everyone to mourn (especially my mom) without being conflicted about the joy of a new baby.

not to hijack the thread, but i had a very similar experience last year when i found out my brother & wife were pregnant with their first (after 2 years of TTC & eventual IVF) the same day i came home from the hospital after hemmhoraging post m/c. the circle of life does not elude me.....
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa as well Yes, it's very...eh, vivid...right now, the circle of life, isnt it? I seriously am freaking out with worry that his death, or more practically, his funeral and such, will be the same day I give birth or such...I've always been close to him so it would break my heart to miss his funeral, and at the same time, I truly want to enjoy my birth and, of course, be able to happily focus on my new babe. Meh. I imagine you're feeling the very same way.

I'll be thinking of you as we go thru these tough days, sweetie. Be well.

E ~ Mostly-SAHM to 3 amazing boys (and another little guy still percolating, due 5/10)! :
Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM

i ENVY you brave ladies. i want to be ready but won't ever be.:

i am too much of a wimp to ever have the guts to tell this kid he can come out.

i actually would rather be pg forever than have to think about l & d.

i know, i know, i am in for trouble unless i turn my mind around!

arrrgh!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am really sorry to hear about your grandpas doulalove and Erin. I can understand as my mom is dying right now too. She is only hanging on until this baby is born. It is such a surreal experience. Its like right now I have the control of the univerise in my hands. I do not want that responsibility. I am anxious to meet my daughter but the cost is very high I loose my mom. Anyway I just have to hang on until Wed when I have a c-section.

Heidi
Old 04-30-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
. I actually got up today and thought - what did I do to make my legs sore???
I have done that for the past two days!! I went from "this is not great--but I can do it a few more weeks" to "Ok---I am really totally done now!!"

I now dont even really waddle any more--I kind of waddle limp and its pathetic!!

I am not "due" until May 23rd, but as of last week (36 weeks) I was 100%effaced with DS head at +1 station and an "open" cervix---no wonder I am done!!!!

I think I am just so scared that I do really have 3 more weeks left---and I just dont know how I am going to do it!

LS, Kinda crunchy wife to DH, mama to DS(5/2007) & one sweet little girl due May 2010,
Old 05-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
I am really sorry to hear about your grandpas doulalove and Erin. I can understand as my mom is dying right now too.
Geez, I am so sorry to hear that. I'm thinking of you as well; may we all ride these rollercoasters of emotions safely and with strength. Be well.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=mum4boys;7993430]I am really sorry to hear about your grandpas doulalove and Erin. I can understand as my mom is dying right now too. QUOTE]

Yes, my heart goes out to you all ...

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

User Tag List