dropped or just too heavy??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear that my belly looks/feels lower, but I'm not so convinced that the girls have "dropped" so much as I just think they're that heavy now!!! At my last u/s the est. weight was around 7 1/2 lbs for each, and while I know that can be off - I wouldn't put it past my body to grow 8 lb twins... (I was almost 9 lbs, dh was almost 10 and big babies... 11lbs, 14 lbs, etc... run in our families)

The past few days, I'm sure they hit another growth spurt - ravenous hunger and an unfathomable need for sleep for a few days, then another few days of itchy, stretchy belly...

Is there a way to tell if they really did drop? Does is really mean much if they did???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't the dropping when the baby's head descends into the birth canal a bit? For me I know she did because if I reach up into my vagina (not very far either) I can feel her head, which I couldn't before. Can you feel a head? is one of the babies head down? Because if not then I'd say they're just feeling heavy. There wouldn't be anywhere for them to drop if not into the birth canal.

Also, I'm getting shooting pains down the inside of my thighs from a weird position and also I'm peeing and pooping alll the time, which I didn't do before. Plus I can breathe. Those are my signs but I only have one baby in here!

ILANA

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page