painful Movements.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has any one had the exerience where baby's movements are just so hard and constant that it literally hurts??

Last night I laid on the couch to try to fall asleep ( because the bed is not comfortable and I was trying anything!) and the baby was moving so hard and constantly that I would doze between movements and then be jolted awake moaning because each movement was causing shooting pains to my cervix. I m a 36 wks, 5 days----and as of last week 100% effaced, with an “open” cervix and baby is at +1 station. I am assuming that because he is far down—that’s why any movement sends shocks through my cervix and groin---but last night it was ridiculous!! My husband could see my belly moving form across the room because they were such big movements---and he did this for about two hours. Crazy thing is that today—he seems to be in the same position he has been in for weeks—so I have not what a clue what aerobics class was about last night !

But does any one else have a problem with their movements being really painful and uncomfortable?? I don’t want to be a baby about it---but it was brutal!!

LS, Kinda crunchy wife to DH, mama to DS(5/2007) & one sweet little girl due May 2010,
#2 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 PM

i've had this for a couple months now. it's not in my cervix, though...just my belly. this little guy completely stretches out & i can see his butt & feet at opposite ends. it hurts!!! i've had to literally push on him to curl up again & i know he gets irritated but it's so painful.

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM

my kid is SUPER heavy and SUPER active but it doesnt really hurt.

what DOES hurt is every night when i wake up needing to pee. my cervix and everything hurts/cramps so bad i dont want to get up....but i obviously need to.

i kind of try to slide off the bed and limp to the bathroom. then just peeing hurts soooo bad at first.

i get scared that this is what labor feels like?!

dunno?!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#4 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes!! I get that a lot. I try to move around to find a position that is more comfy for her but it just HURTS!! You have my sympathies, mama!

ILANA
#5 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Not the same as you.. but when I am riding in DH's car and he moves around- it is a really sharp pain on my left side. It's not always in the car, but mostly.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#6 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Yes! Yes! This little girl's movements hurt me all the time, everywhere, all over my abdomen. Last night she moved against my pelvic bone so hard it made me yell "ouch!" My boys never hurt like this so consistantly. What's funny is my boys were huge (9.5 and 10 lbs at birth) and according to an ultrsound she's only about 7.5 pounds and I'm due in a few days. Maybe she's just a strong woman!
#7 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 PM

Yes - I am consistently being actually hurt. There have been days when I have felt like my belly is bruised in certain spots too. I don't remember my son being this active or painful.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#8 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Yeah, a bit painful. And since he's dropped, sometimes when he moves against my pubic bone it can be a bit uncomfortable and definitely strange.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#9 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM

i've had the same sort of scenario you are describing on and off for about a month now. I asked OB about it and he said that a lot of women describe the same sort of thing this far along.I didn't have it with my previous pregnancy so I was a little concerned but I think it's fairly common.

Resigned from teaching to be a doula and freelance writer.  run.gifMommy to blahblah.gif (06/05) and Peace.gif(05/07) and bouncy.gif(09/09) and fly-by-nursing2.gif(02/11)

#10 of 11 Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
YES YES YES that is why I keep on telling everyone she must be at least 15 pounds if not more.

Heidi
#11 of 11 Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 PM

I am SO glad I found this post!!! I've been having the exact same thing for the past couple of days. I have no idea if baby's dropped and/or how low it's sitting, but for the past couple of days every time it shifts it feels like my pelvis is going to split in half. Plus I sometimes get these horrid shooting pains down my left leg alongside it. Going potty helps, but it hurts to go at first, then only a trickle comes out and then finally once I'm totally relaxed and leaning forward the rest comes out. Oh, and I also get painful movements on top when baby decides to stretch its leg. It literally looks like a foot is coming out of my side. I had none of it with DD so I was a little worried, but knowing that I'm not the only one makes me feel a heck of a lot better.

Julia, unschooling mum to Gemma (5), Benny (3) and Dom (1)joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page