There's a full moon on Wednesday! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 43 Old 05-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Damn you all! Full moon tomorrow and a low pressure system rolled in last night and I lost a bloody mucous plug and am now having irregular contractions. *sigh* I'm not READY yet!!!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 PM

Is the full moon tonight/tomorrow morning or tomorrow night-through Thursday? Not that it matters...but I'm really really hoping that I'll be in labor soon!!!
#33 of 43 Old 05-01-2007, 09:00 PM

found this about the full moon - more babies born connection:

Though the survey is limited, a look at the past five months of births at St. Luke's Hospital seems to bear out Debbie Raposo's sense of things.
Over the course of a year, the hospital averages four births a day. But look at the daily average for the three days surrounding full moons from last September through earlier this month:
September 5-7: 8 births per day
October 4-6: 5 per day
November 3-5: 5.6 per day
December 2-4: 7.3 per day
January 1-3: 6.3 per day
That's 60 percent more births per day during the full moon compared to an average day.

SO THERE it is true darn scientists trying to pretend its not !

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#34 of 43 Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran View Post
You better duck!

I would have thought that would be when I would go... I told people all along the baby was due in late May/early June just to ward off all the pressure/questions near the end. BUT now that my baby has been scientifically measured at almost 9 lbs can you imagine what a miserable May I would have if I went that long??? (ETA: Said will all due respect to the mamas of multiples - who really DO have massive amounts of babies in them... ) I might break records for the largest baby ever, too!
If that was an u/s measurement, don't get bent out of shape. With DD, they estimated her to be 10 lbs at 38 weeks 0 days (and told me she would gain 1/2 lb per week from then on out), which convinced me to go in for an induction at 38 weeks 4 days. She was born 1 day shy of 39 weeks at 9 lbs 2 oz. They were pretty far off, IMHO.

I don't think anything will happen with this full moon for me. But the next one (June 1st) will fall at 41 weeks for me, so we'll see!

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese proverb
#35 of 43 Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severine View Post
If that was an u/s measurement, don't get bent out of shape. With DD, they estimated her to be 10 lbs at 38 weeks 0 days (and told me she would gain 1/2 lb per week from then on out), which convinced me to go in for an induction at 38 weeks 4 days. She was born 1 day shy of 39 weeks at 9 lbs 2 oz. They were pretty far off, IMHO.

I don't think anything will happen with this full moon for me. But the next one (June 1st) will fall at 41 weeks for me, so we'll see!
Oh I don't believe the u/s weight... I was being tongue in cheek (or at least trying to come across that way... sometimes hard in writing). But thank you for the warning!

I searched for full moon and labor and found mixed results regarding whether there is a measurable association. There seems to be a stronger association with sudden changes in weather (low barometric pressure). So look for big storms coming through to trigger labor, too!

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#36 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Oh I don't believe the u/s weight... I was being tongue in cheek (or at least trying to come across that way... sometimes hard in writing). But thank you for the warning!

I searched for full moon and labor and found mixed results regarding whether there is a measurable association. There seems to be a stronger association with sudden changes in weather (low barometric pressure). So look for big storms coming through to trigger labor, too!
This is why anyone due in Florida from June thru October should know how to homebirth even if it isn't their plan.
My dog Lucy labored and birthed as Hurricane Charlie made landfall. It was cool.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#37 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 AM

Anyone see this site?

Natality and the Moon Revisited: Do Birth Rates Depend on the Phase of the Moon?

What do you think?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#38 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Damn you all! Full moon tomorrow and a low pressure system rolled in last night and I lost a bloody mucous plug and am now having irregular contractions. *sigh* I'm not READY yet!!!

LOL!!! Good luck, kd! May it be the birth you've always dreamed of.
#39 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgal View Post
LOL!!! Good luck, kd! May it be the birth you've always dreamed of.
Thanks, I'm going to start my own thread so I can stop hijacking other people's threads

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#40 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 01:07 AM

June lurker, but I went into labor on a full moon with my first and the day after a full moon with my second...perhaps I should be preparing for a June 1st baby this time around?!?

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#41 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 AM

just checked the weather and we have a storm front moving in here around noon...i'm keeping my fingers crossed! we are all on pins and needles around here - i'm 40 weeks today. maybe my midwife appointment this morning will show some progress...
#42 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Sorry about that! It can be difficult to convey tone online....

There's rain here today so maybe women in my area will go into labor? Not me though... which is fine. I have to make it to Friday anyway before I can use the birth center.

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. ~ Chinese proverb
#43 of 43 Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM

just found out DH AND his younger brother were BOTH born on full moons.

but wait......

DH was one of 21 baby boys born THAT NIGHT at a small hospital.....

his brother was the ONLY baby born on his night.

so they cancel each other out!?

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page