non-traditional and/or weird labor signs? share! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone? dreams, signs, pets behaving strangely....etc?

every day i wake up with a new thing going on.

last night it was an insane giggling/slap happy hysterical laughing jag.

today it was a very hot, red, feverish face! DH called me "apple cheeks" which was funny.

and lots of clear eggwhite type CM (like, hello, there, haven't seen YOU in 9 months!)

and my dog clinging to me at all moments, trying to get up and sleep with me, etc...

anyone else wanna share?

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#2 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 04:37 PM

My dog is like a big peice of lint and I'm like a fleece blanket. i.e. he is stuck to me like glue and looks at me all worried. He knows something is changing, and he's right, I lost my plug, or at least part of it, this morning and there was brown blood. : So things are happening. Contractions are intermittent so far, 5 min apart when I am sitting/laying down and more spaced out if I am up and about, or maybe I just don't notice them as much. I've wondered all along if he would be the first alert to this baby coming!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#3 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

KRISTEN thats so exciting...!!

i know the animals will "feel it" before i do, that's why i am watching them!

it's the boy dog who is so protective of me too, its very cute. with his serious face, staring at me at all hours.

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#4 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 05:21 PM

The day before both my kids were born I woke up really early in the morning and took a long walk.

Its odd because I didn't labor with dd, I had a c-section due to breech position and was given/forced into a c-section because I had dilated to 6cm.

It was an interesting walk with ds because it was mid-August and already 95 that morning (got to over 100 later IIRC) and I was contracting every 5 minutes or so. We walked down to a coffee shop and got blended coffees. While walking I was on the phone with my mom and trying to pretend like I wasn't in labor!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#5 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Funny you should post this - when I woke I felt icky (loose bowels ), had some light pink mucous (rather than egg white or yellow snotty like it has been since Saturday morning ...), and the cat was following me around (a bit unusual) - I was VERY hopeful! But alas, I am just having a few intense contractions here and there (like right now!) . *sigh*

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#6 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

i sure am feeling weird today.....

deb

#7 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 PM

I felt weird yesterday and the day before.... anytime now!!! I was REALLY hungry all weekend and have been craving things like watermelon (and $7 later had a watermelon on my counter, I DH.

I sent hubby to work, I'm sure things aren't happening THAT fast, but I don't think I'm going to make it to Sat night when my MIL gets here!

#8 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I felt weird yesterday and the day before.... anytime now!!! I was REALLY hungry all weekend and have been craving things like watermelon (and $7 later had a watermelon on my counter, I DH.

I sent hubby to work, I'm sure things aren't happening THAT fast, but I don't think I'm going to make it to Sat night when my MIL gets here!
Oh, I'm totally craving watermelon!! It's what my mom fed me through my last labor! I went to the store last night to pick one up, but they were all so darn big... I put one on the scale, and it was going to cost me $14!! Ack! I'm going to check another store tonight.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#9 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglevoice View Post
Oh, I'm totally craving watermelon!! It's what my mom fed me through my last labor! I went to the store last night to pick one up, but they were all so darn big... I put one on the scale, and it was going to cost me $14!! Ack! I'm going to check another store tonight.
Ah, ours here are priced per watermelon right now rather than per lb. thank goodness too or we'd be broke. I looked for weeks before I finally found this one, but now that I know where to get them if the store by my house doesn't have them it's a 30 min drive to send DH to get me another one!! And he would too.

#10 of 10 Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

woah, i am off to get mine (watermelon that is!)

that is one of the good things about living in texas: 4.99 watermelons allllllll summer long. i put lots and lots of lime on mine.....

we are having big storms too. this is all making me verrry nervous!

deb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page