I had a good appt today too! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a really doc appt today too. I brought my birth plan and went over it with my doc. DH was there too which was really good, because I find myself sometimes intimidated by my doc's doctor status. (Does that even make sense?)

Anyway, there was nothing - nothing - that he was uncomfortable with or asked me to reconsider. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting - but he was totally cool with everything. He even said that he wished all his patients would delay routine procedures to spend that time bonding with baby. Basically that they do it right after birth because the nurses are already in the room but that there is typically no reason to do it right then.

I've been worried based on the stories that I've been hearing about unmedicated hospital births. Talking to my doctor today just totally helped me feel at ease with it. And Dh works at the hospital (in the ER), so he is really comfortable talking to the nurses as well - and so I'm just gearing up for a totally amazing birth experience. I'm getting so excited.

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Woohoo! Glad to hear you are more at ease - it'll make the last couple weeks more relaxing. My dr. was pretty good, too, I was worried, although she did scough when I brought up having a warm compress to my perinium ... whatever.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

Old 05-01-2007, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
its really coming together thats great!!

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

User Tag List