Yesterday was my 39 week appointment with the MW and she came to do a home visit (2nd one, the last one done by the other MW a few weeks ago). We did all the usual checks and everything looked good. She did comment that my belly was measuring a little large (barely though, 40cm and I think she was measuring a little low on my pubic bone, so probably more like 39.5) and that it still hadn't dropped. We chatted about how I had been having BH but nothing that felt like it was doing much and that none of us figured that this baby was going to come in the next week, or maybe even two!
My MW don't do vaginal exams, though I probably would have declined anyways. DH checked for me the other day (Sat??) and said he could feel the cervix but it wasn't open. Last time he checked (weeks ago) he couldn't find it at all.
Today I woke up to blood tinged (brown) mucous after being up ALL night peeing every hour or so. I have been having contractions all day ranging from 5 min to 20 min apart but not going away. I just had a hot shower even (trying to clear my head because DH gave me his cold!!
and while they are milder they are still there and I'm sure they'll be back as soon as I lay down.
My DH is at work, my mom is anxiously waiting for me to call her again, but is still on crutches so she isn't much help physically! and my MIL is still MIA up north and not going to be here before Saturday at the earliest. Ugh!
I haven't called the midwife yet... figured I'd wait until things looked like they were picking up or my water broke. They want me to call right away if my water breaks because at last check the baby's head was FAR from engaged, though I am pretty sure that today's contractions have helped him/her move down at least a little.
Any last minute advice?
Here's hoping for my
: to result in a
: to my sweet
on May 2/07 !!!