Anyone else gonna be pregnant forever? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was 37 weeks yesterday and I feel nothing. No contractions, I am still comfortable still active, no moodiness nothing. DD was born 8 days late I think this little one will hang on for the long haul too.

Just didn't know if anyone else was still going to be around at the end of May since it seems we got a good head start in April and now again these first few days of the month.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 09:02 AM

Yes. I was due on Friday and I will be pregnant for the rest of my life.
#3 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
HUGS MAMMAS...I was 3-4 weeks over due with my first...I literally thought I was never going to have the baby. The day I finally went into labor I had a prenatal apt and before I saw the dr his nurse told me it could be another week before I delivered.: I set her straight let me tell you.

Heidi
#4 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Yep. I feel exactly the same as I have done for the last 9 months or so, I'm not even very big, I'm still really active, I've had no contractions whatsoever and the number of BHs is actually reducing, and I feel even further away from delivering than I did about a month ago-no more twinges, nothing. She is happy there, I think, and I can't imagine her coming any time soon. I still haven't got all my uni work done so maybe it's a good job, but it's going ot get tiresome, and may well eff up my chances of getting a hassle free homebirth (no homebirths over 41 weeks my arse....grr)
My due date is May 12th but there is no way in hell there is gonna be a baby within 2 weeks. Unless I truly have no idea about my body, which is possible.
#5 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 AM

yes, yes i am - thanks for asking (40 weeks today) :
#6 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM

If I am, we're going to have to make some serious adjustments to our house, considering how close I am to being legitimately handicapped under all this extra weight!!! Seriously, getting in and out of the bathtub is near impossible without help these days and even getting on or off of the toilet takes some mild grunting noises...
#7 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 10:14 AM

Yeah, I'm right there with you. I'm 37 weeks today and nothin' is goin' on in there. I don't even know if I've had any BH ctx all this time. Maybe a few? Or else I just don't notice them? I have pretty good energy levels at least early in the day. Sigh! DS was 2 weeks late, so I could be looking at a June 6th baby perhaps? YIKES! Even 3 weeks until my due date seems like forever. But then, May felt like an eternity away and yet here we are!
#8 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

it's nice to have company. I thought I was all clever getting most of my "things to do" accomplished already but now all thats left is the boring/disgusting stuff like cleaning the bathroom closet. I was hoping I would have a baby before I got to that point so I wouldn't have to do it...

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#9 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM

hang on, ladies...

at 37 weeks i felt NORMAL no cramps no nothin tons of energy

at 38 weeks to the DAY boom, i woke up a different person tons of cramps and all kindsa other stuff ever since........of course that was just yesterday but i am feeling so different.

so hang on!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#10 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 08:01 PM

I am 37+ weeks also and I do feel crampy and such BUT I felt that way with ds from 36 weeks on and he was born at 40+ weeks, so I will likely be pg until the end of the month also!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#11 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 PM

I am 38 weeks 2 days but usually go late. However, I LOVE being pregnant so I dont care if I go another 3 or 4 weeks
#12 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 09:16 PM

I am 38 weeks 2 days but usually go late. However, I LOVE being pregnant so I dont care if I go another 3 or 4 weeks
#13 of 23 Old 05-02-2007, 10:59 PM

Add me, too. I'll be 40 weeks on Saturday, and I'm feeling nothing. I feel fine- I'm walking once or twice a day, eating well, I think this baby is too comfy.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#14 of 23 Old 05-03-2007, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

dh told me yesterday I have to wait until at least next wednesday. He has a super important job interview then so when he gets back he is all set to go, but until then to keep her in

#15 of 23 Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 AM

Everyday, I think this will be the day but so far nothing. I've had cramping and lower backache but that is about it. My edd was monday.
#16 of 23 Old 05-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoTwo View Post
Yes. I was due on Friday and I will be pregnant for the rest of my life.

No you won't!!

But the way things are looking, you and the rest of May's ddc will have their babies before I do!

Go figure this baby waited until May...like mother like baby. My own bday is Saturday, so I'm hoping for the best present the universe could offer.
#17 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 09:31 AM

How 'bout in labor forever? My baby dropped about 4 weeks ago, and I've been cramping and feeling a lot of pressure for that long. BH all throughout the pregnancy. Bouts of regular, progressively more painful contractions for the past 2 weeks. And my due date was only 2 days ago. WHEN WILL THIS BABY COME OUT??!!!! Someone up there's laughing at my pain.
#18 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Today's my due date and I feel like she never wants to come out. At my appt yesterday I found out my cervix isn't progressing...in 3 weeks. She is head down and probably over 9lbs by now (according to u/s).
#19 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 01:03 PM

I'm with Amber. I've been having painful contractions and a very low baby for a LONG time. Now I'm 2 or more cm dilated, 65%+ effaced, with a baby at a +1 station, for over a week now. SUCKS.

I know I'm not due yet-- I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. But I have spent the last 3 months living in fear of every contraction and worrying about making it to 36 weeks. I never thought I'd make it this far, so it feels like it's been FOREVER!!!

Wife of one and mom of five, including my HBAC twins!
#20 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Wow, Christy, I can't believe you're 38 weeks!! I'm excited for you, I keep stalking waiting to hear your birth announcement ! And to think, when we were all talking about who we thought would go first in the May DDC someone mentioned you. I'm glad that you made it this far, though, now I'll send you some "get these babies out vibes"

As for me, I went 15 days past my EDD last time. And the fact that I don't even know my EDD this time around makes it feel like everyday could be the day. We figure that I'm about 40 weeks right now. Ugh, I really thought I was going to go with the full moon. Watch me go all the way to the end of May... No, that would not be funny at all.

Velvet - Hi!!! sending you lots of labor vibes too, mama!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#21 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 04:01 PM

well, I will be pregnant forever, or at least that's how it feels! I am almost 41 weeks, and nothing feels different from 3 weeks ago. I also, feel that we should be making our home much more friendly to my current handicapped state, like raising the floors about 6 inches so I don't have to bend over so far and installing an elevator (someone keeps adding to the length of our stairs, I'm sure!).
#22 of 23 Old 05-05-2007, 10:49 PM

DH is still working on tiling our baby area floor off our bedroom and he's going to need next weekend, too, so I guess I'm better off not going into labor until after that.

I'm really bummed - my prenatal swim class was canceled last Sat and will be canceled again next Sat. So I can't go again until the 19th. I feel so much better after those classes and the schedule just isn't cooperating with my edd!
#23 of 23 Old 05-06-2007, 04:27 AM

i just jumped in to tell you, mamas, i would LOVE to be pg forever! i have a 37 and a 38 weeker.
i know i am not much of a help...
sending you guys great and fast labor wibes!

Liv, SAHM of 3 kiddos 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page