~~Weekly Thread~~ MAY 2-MAY 9th!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still here - have only posted occasionally. Due May 20th with babe#2, gearing up for another waterbirth at home. We'll see, I am thinking I'll go sometime next week. The pool overflowed last nite since we thought it would take forever to fill, so my floors got mopped (not quite the way I'd planned, ha).

All is done except for car seat into car and set out clothes for after birth and baby. crazy. I so hear you on the "buffering" from the outside world and people's dumb comments and q's. I think I'll just hide until the baby comes - I can barely be civil on the phone when anyone calls. Ds who is 2yrs keeps wanting me to chase him and stuff and I can hardly waddle what with the hormones and heartburn the last 2 days. So that's up to Dh to do mostly to wear him out for bed!

Super crabby and hormonal Sun, then NO BH or contractions all day Mon and Tues so I nested like crazy(didn't nest with ds and he was born at 39wks 4 days after 3 days internal and oral EPO)(I have irritable uterus this time and so that is so unusual), then WEd, Thurs and today feeling crampy and tired and calm.
MW gets back in town on Sun nite and sister will be coming THurs so it would be really really nice to wait and have them both here. sorry so long, feels good to put it all out there. Ahhhh.... better I have been heard.

No circ, will bstfd and cosleep again, homebirther, SAHM, cloth diaper/EC, say no to vax (guess I'm crunchier than I thought)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 08:09 PM

Roids. Let me tell ya. Not fun. But I got them with Delia too, just not quite this bad I don't think. I was sort of stupid and pushed for a long time (ineffectively) while sitting back sort of.

I keep trying not to sit, but it's hard to lie down SO much. I broke out the bottle of witch hazel I had from after Delia (well, I broke it out a few months ago during pregnancy!).

We took Henry to the hospital today for his PKU test and we switched my scheduled 40 week appointment to his first well baby appointment. We weighed him on my postage scale yesterday about 26 hours after birth and he was 9 lbs even, then at the doctors he was 8 pounds 13 and 3/4 ounces, so we're going with the 9 lbs even number. Probably even a little over if we had weighed him sooner. The nurse measured him at 21.5 inches long. I don't think he's quite that long but I'm not going to argue. LOL I was wrong on all counts - NOT smaller than Delia and also not a girl, and also not born after my due date. Do I care? Not one bit! Oh! The BEST part of today is that they typed his blood and he's NEGATIVE!!! So I didn't even have to get the rhogham shot! This boy knows how to please.

Oh - I got my first dose of doctor-penis fear. LOL I hadn't even thought about it. Then, my doctor was doing the exam and all of a sudden she said "testicles have both dropped.... penis looks fine" and I found myself catching my breath in fear that she'd mess with it at all. But she didn't. WHEW. So now I'm in THAT club - the penis protection club.

Off to work more on my birth story...
#33 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 PM

emily, when are you going to start ECing him? (or have you already?)

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#34 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 09:22 PM

You know I've been wanting to say this, but I keep forgetting. It's totally random
Anyway

I LOVE contractions. I am very much looking forword to labor. I can't wait to experience it again. I can't wait to labor. YET, I am not ready to be done with possibly my last pregnancy; I'm a bit apprehensive about the possibility of this birth ending in the hospital like last time (though I really don't think it will).
I'm finding myself analyzing every little twinge as a possibility of early labor. I'm so excited to do it. How do I stay patient, appreciate my pregnancy AND look forword to having the kiddo?

~laura
#35 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
the roids don't happen to everyone
Well, I had a couple really small ones before the first pg, and was feeling them occasionally throughout. Interestingly, this time around I'm not feeling or thinking about them at all, until I read your post.

sorry, emiLy!

And ion other news . . . feeling lots of contractions, stronger than a couple weeks ago, but no other signs of impending labor. Was really short w/ my 2.5 yo twice today, it's just too much to have to fight her or chase her or carry her when I'm already carrying an extra 40 lbs. Sigh. Poor thing, she is such a sweetheart and doesn't deserve this.

Still taking massage appts, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but i really don't mind and we need the money. I just tell everyone to wait until they hear from me to confirm that I am able to perform.
#36 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Still pregnant. Tomorrow I hit the 42 week mark. Woot - not.

I am going to have my mom take the girls home tonight. I fully intend to have a 05/06/07 baby.

measuring 46cm - really thinking this is a bigger baby than my last two.
#37 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 04:09 PM

Good morning mamas

Its a beautiful spring day here today with gorgeous sunshine

My midwife came to visit this morning and check out Callum, he has gained 3oz since discharge yesterday morning and my milk came in last night and he doesn't look yellow at all! Thank god, I had so many problems with jaundice the last three times I was so worried about it for this baby but he is such an aggressive nurser (an every hour and a half kind of guy)

My kids are just in heaven with him around everyone is fighting to hold him and touch him my 3 year old is a little confused why the baby can't talk

My dh took all the older ones out grocery shopping so I"m going to hit the sac for a nap

Good birthing vibes to everyone and a photo http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...e/IMG_1362.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...e/IMG_1386.jpg
#38 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 08:21 PM

He has so much hair Crys! What a cute baby..
#39 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsmama View Post

measuring 46cm
46 cm!? sheeshta! it's definitely your turn, mama!!!

i had an official "stephanie day" today & it was worth it! i had breakfast with my dearest friend & then we walked around an outdoor mall chatting for a couple hours. we kept going into stores but i'm not even sure what we looked at because we just talked. i've known her for over 4 years & i think we've only gotten together a handful of times without children so it was fun & refreshing.

stephanie asl.gif

#40 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 11:25 PM

I had a good day too. My best friend took me out. She took me to get a pedicure, which I REALLY wanted before having the baby. She also insisted that I get my eyebrows done. I could really care-less. That's why I hadn't "done" them before. Anyway, they look great now too.

Then we walked around the mall and went into several stores looking for baby coming home outfits for Saphira. My friend ended up buying her a beautiful dress and bonnet.

We had dinner at a steakhouse that was really yummy. And a coffee at the coffeehouse before going home.

I am SOOO tired. My woddle really started to become obvious after a few hours at the mall. But, I had a good time getting out of the house. Now I'm ready to just stay here until it's time to have the baby. I've had my "fill" of people for quite a while.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#41 of 54 Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 PM

My DH has been really sick these past few weeks and this is the first day he's feeling a little bit better, thank goodness. I actually had to take him to the hospital on Monday because he was so ill. We found out that he has infectious Mono and strep throat and possibly some other sort of infection. We also found that the Mono was causing his spleen to bleed and so now he has to take at least 2 weeks off of work to heal to prevent his spleen from rupturing. It's a majorly sucky situation, obviously. But the dr. said that as soon as his "flu-like" symptoms go away, then he is no longer contaigious. So I've been so nervous about going into labor this whole week. I think I've been really waiting until I knew that he could be there for me. Plus, I'm sure my mw would not be completely stoked with the idea of coming to my home when my dh is that ill. He actually has been wearing one of those face masks to prevent spreading more germs to dd and myself, though of course, we've already been exposed since he had to have had it in his system for at least 10 days for it to come up positive in his blood test. He's been sleeping on the couch and not hugging or touching dd or myself. It's been pretty rough.

Anyway, he's feeling better today. I'm so relieved. It's been a very trying week. Not only am I approx 40 weeks pregnant and chasing after a toddler, but I had to take care of my ill husband and attempt to keep the house clean, make all of the meals, do all of the laundry, grocery shopping, and final preparations for baby all by myself. Under normal circumstances, I probably would have let the house stay messy, and clothes unwashed until I could find some time, but I'm in that uber-nesting mode and feel like I have to have everything ready just incase today is the day. I went out and bought some epsom salt and lavender foam bath yesterday. Both last night and tonight I told DH, "see you in an hour, try and keep Katelynn entertained" and had myself a long nice relaxing soak in the tub. Just what I needed. I also busted out the bread maker yesterday and made some fantastic bread and cinnamon rolls. Nothing like the smell of homemade cinnamon rolls and bread in the house. I think now that dh is on the mend, I'll be able to relax more and focus on having this baby.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#42 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 01:55 AM

Wow Jenn, sorry you're going through so much at this time.

Today I planted lettuce, cleaned the kitchen, baked brownies. No chance there will be any left when the baby comes, I don't feel like it's happening too soon and the brownies are going fast!

Last time I was pg I made a bunch of food in advance, then we ended up eating most of it by the time dd came.

Just trying to stay on top of the meds --multis, epo, calcium, razz and nettle tea, etc etc etc.

And I was hoping to watch SNL but there is a tornado watch about 50 mi north and that's all they are talking about.
#43 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 02:29 AM

Jenn, I am sorry to hear about your husband. Sending warm wishes and healing thoughts to you and your husband.
#44 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 04:51 AM

Ugh - I just lost a huge post by stupidly hitting reload while I was still typing.

Jenn, I hope your husband is feeling much better really soon. I hope you can find help around and after the birth so you can relax!

Callum's hair is the best!!!

We are finally nesting. Ryan cleaned out our back room, shed, and backyard today and took a trailer full of stuff to the dump. I can finally pick stuff up off the floor, so I picked up our bedroom and gathered ALL the dirty laundry from everywhere. Now I'm actually doing laundry, including folding and sorting! As soon as Henry decides he'll stay asleep when he's not nestled in my lap, I'm going to go down and do a load of DIAPERS!!! I'm so excited! LOL I've just been holding loose prefolds around him so far. I have one cover that isn't humongous on him, but I don't need the waterproofing really. I have him wrapped in a wool blanket when I want him waterproof.

When I asked Delia what a big sister needed, she told me jewelry. LOL So I ordered her an Italian charm bracelet. I got charms to spell out her name, one that says "sister" on it and one with a pink flower made out of rhinestones. I just put it together and it's so cute! I've never seen one of these bracelets in person, but it's neat how they're stretchy and expandable. I might end up with one myself.

I'm kind of still in shock that I have a boy. It's totally fun, but I had all these things picked out to buy once I had a girl. ROFL Now I have to decide on a car seat, a Babyhawk, etc etc etc.

We're definitely posting the birth story and tons of pictures tomorrow so I'll be sure to come back and give links.
#45 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 05:30 AM

I think I am in early labor - I lost my mucos plug and have had some bloody show. She may be a 05/06/07 42 week baby after all.
The contractions are coming up through my back. I will update you all.
#46 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 12:20 PM

No new update but I am not disgusted or frustrated any more. I know she will come, soon.
#47 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
jenn, you poor dear. i hope DH feels 100% soon and no one else gets sick. My oldest son had mono when he was 3, it was not fun
darsmama, I hope things kick off soon for you. I spent ours yesterday contx again and then it got late and I panicked and they stopped. i have got to get it together

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
#48 of 54 Old 05-06-2007, 12:47 PM

I'd love for this baby to come today (just cause of the date ). It looks unlikely though as there are only 13.5 hours left. Over the last three days my BH are slowly becoming more contraction like.
According to this Bishop's Score chart I'm a 12 but they have so many parameters from which to get points it's a tad silly to think I'm on the brink. . .
I think it will be a few more days to a week at least, but I guess it could come on rapidly at any time, huh?

~laura
#49 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 AM

Been feeling weird in my abdomen all day, bowels extra active and the baby is trying to kick its way out through my ribs. I decided that my massage today would be my last, so I am covering all my other appointments. I'm just feeling like doing what I want, not being nice to everyone else. Hypnobirthing talks about how people who use that program sometimes don't feel they are in labor at all until pretty late, often it's just a feeling of needing to have a bowel movement.

but I don't think this is it.
#50 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
gah, i had a big long post typed here this am and lost it :

i think i am just gonna be in labor for a month--GRR i'm so impatient already!! my due date's may 9th, but i have had so many false alarms already it's just not even funny anymore. how long can a woman stay stuck at 4 cm anyway?!?

/rant. thanks for listening
Well, it's been four days since you posted and this was your last post. . .I'm hoping you are holding you baby now

~laura
#51 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 04:30 PM

Im a little late jumping in here.

I am 39w1d today, Feeling like labor can happen any day now.
I think I started loosing my mucus plug about 2 days ago.........so that is a first for me.
I have been having nasty BH's. I would classify them as contractions except I get like 1 or 2 an hour and absolutely not consistant. BUt boy do they hurt!

Luckily, my Intended Parents are arriving today at 4pm! So they wont miss the birth.
All is well in lala land!
#52 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM

aww thx for the encouragement Larra but ARGH still no baby!! I took your quiz, I'm a 14-15 on there!!

i think it's a lot of mental baggage/clutter and it's really annoying/worrying me a lot.

most women with emotional/mental stuff going on have it in relation to fear of pain/childbirth etc....nooo not me, I am just stressed out for other reasons. My whole freakin life feels like a waiting game and has for months and months already. I feel like there's about 5 major things all up in the air along with the birth, and it's just driving me insane wondering in what order these will fall....

so there ya go. ....and my official due date is tomorrow. i am so frustrated!!! send me good vibes mamas

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#53 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
aww thx for the encouragement Larra but ARGH still no baby!! I took your quiz, I'm a 14-15 on there!!

i think it's a lot of mental baggage/clutter and it's really annoying/worrying me a lot.

most women with emotional/mental stuff going on have it in relation to fear of pain/childbirth etc....nooo not me, I am just stressed out for other reasons. My whole freakin life feels like a waiting game and has for months and months already. I feel like there's about 5 major things all up in the air along with the birth, and it's just driving me insane wondering in what order these will fall....

so there ya go. ....and my official due date is tomorrow. i am so frustrated!!! send me good vibes mamas
Well, I hope that the things all settle sooner rather than later, but one thing to keep in mind is that almost always things DO settle. No matter how much you think, dwell, ruminate, or worry about something it will settle. I don't know what thse things are so it's a little silly me saying that they will settle either before the baby comes or after and the baby WON'T care (you probably will though ) but as long as the baby has you the baby will be happy. And if the baby is out that's one less thing to worry about while everything else settles, right? I'm talking out of my @$$ here, but it's well intentioned. Your DP is still in town, right?

~laura
#54 of 54 Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 PM

hehehe....you are very right, everythign WILL settle, and at this point we even know that it will settle in a very pleasant way ....but the WHEN is just killing me!! i appreciate the pep talk and yes DP is here to stay now :

posting a link that I found helpful, in between yet another round of contrax ....everyone keep your : for me plz!

http://www.moondragon.org/mdbsguidelines/postdt.html <--cool linky

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page