~~Weekly Thread~~ MAY 2-MAY 9th!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
****Our Babies are arriving!! How exciting!****

I have been having such practice labor all week- whew! And it feels like layers and layers of emtional and physical energy is pealing back and I am being prepared for the initiation of birthing... it really has been already quite a ride! I have been losing mucous plug all day, and after last night's full moon experience (OMG!) I know that we are on our way!

So, how are you? What are you experiencing??

xoxo,

Grace Comes.

#2 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 PM

im all over the place. slightly more centered and together. slightly more ready. I lost my plug forever ago it seems(more like a week maybe) Ive been having contractions all day. My hips today feel like some pulled on my legs like a wishbone. but there is still a fear settled deep inside my head. Im working on it. I keep telling myself Im ready. Im finishing my finals online just.in.case. I feel heavy inside and low. I feel off and out of it slightly. who knows?

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#3 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM

/rant on
I am depressed and frustrated and in pain. It has nothing to do with trusting my body, and everything to do with the fact that I cant sleep, I cant play and hug my girls like normal, the freaking contractions come and stay for hours on end and then go away when I start thinking 'well maybe...' and I am definitely not a 'wuss' these are contractions that make me stop and wince. My ass hurts, my back hurts, my feet hurts (or hurted..which would be worse english - I'll use it ) , and I am puffy.

I know labor day is imminent because I am in a sour mood. So look forward to my birth story on Friday
#4 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 PM

I am anxious, and I have a list of 18 things I NEED to do (holy nesting, Batman!)
I really need to settle down because with my luck this kid isn't going to show up anytime soon. I have to work Thursday to Sunday and I am honestly hoping that all the running around (I waitress) will bring on labor. I don't even care if I have to check out in the middle of my shift at this point. Bring it on!
#5 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Yay! My last final was today. I am officially just a pregnant SAHM again. Ahhhhhhhh. The relief. Now if my back didn't hurt

Ok, with all the birth announcements and labor watches. . .it's crazy around here. I've never had to venture to page two of our subforum to see new posts before.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#6 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 07:43 PM

I've been hoping and thinking for months that I will go into labor on the full moon. I am 39 weeks today. We'll see. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It seams like its effecting the mommas today though!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#7 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 08:00 PM

one minute i feel completely ready to go into labor & the next minute i'm an anxious mess. i usually get more anxious in the evenings when i'm tired & the thought of laboring seems an impossibility.

stephanie asl.gif

#8 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 08:21 PM

I officially finished everything for my dissertation yesterday and had a small party and half a glass of organic wine. I am feeling so good about being done!

It is exciting to see everyone starting, although I imagine it will be at least a few weeks for me

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#9 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 PM

My midwife also told me to drink a half a glass of wine to relax... I can't drink wine, can I drink beer instead for the same effect? What do you think? I've been drinking a sip or two of beer here and there anyways, but there's isn't something in particular about wine is there? It's just the alcohol?

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#10 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
My midwife also told me to drink a half a glass of wine to relax... I can't drink wine, can I drink beer instead for the same effect? What do you think? I've been drinking a sip or two of beer here and there anyways, but there's isn't something in particular about wine is there? It's just the alcohol?
I don't see why not. I quit drinking wine because it aggrevates my heartburn, so I'll drink a half a beer instead. Make sure it's a good one. I cannot wait to drink a whole beer or 2!!!

#11 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 PM

I drank a beer during labor with dd1. I promptly threw it up. I hate beer.
#12 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Ooh, beer... ...I so miss Guinness.
#13 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 PM

Mmmm, Guinness.

the beer I love so much I named my firstborn after it! (seriously!)

I'm hanging in there. Lots of contraction action today, but nothing labory yet. We'll see what happens after the children go to bed tonight. My mom and sister, who are my kids' support/distraction people for labor, have traveled out of state for my uncle's funeral, which I am very sad to be missing. I would like to meet our baby soon, but I would also like for them to be here. We'll see what the baby would like.

On a totally different note, I actually talked both of my professors into giving my finals early, so I took one yesterday and I'm taking the other tomorrow. Frankly, I don't care at all how I did this semester. I am done with it, and I will never ever ever go to school in a third trimester of a pregnancy again. That should be easy since this is my last pregnancy . I think I will likely need to take college algebra a second time to get the A that I need/want.

I am a big old cranky b!tch these days. And I've been on crying jags. The last few weeks have been a total emotional roller coaster with everything that has been going on. I'm waiting for the catharsis to kick in. My poor children - I don't think they've ever heard me grumble as much as they have the last few days. I'm getting a massage and going to yoga tomorrow and hopefully that will improve the mood some.

Ina May Gaskin will be speaking at a local midwifery conference this weekend. I didn't pre-register because of the impending child, but now it looks like I probably could have gone. I might just go and pay at the door or something. How cool would that be, to start labor in the same room as Ina May (as well as all the other sweet sweet midwives who will be there)??!!
#14 of 54 Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM

Totally want a glass of wine! I went to bed early last night. I was soooo tired. I have a sinus infection that is hurting my teeth too! I just can't wait to be well so I can be ready to birth this baby. I doubt that Mother Nature will be so creul to have me go into labour while fighting this! Good news is I'm on the end of it.
#15 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 02:05 AM

I'm really excited about this. For the past three days I thought I was having contractions, and maybe I was (really mild ones?) but I think the majority of the pressure is because the baby "dropped" like they say in the Pregnancy books. I was stressing over it for the past few days (see my response to the 4 am post started by LizzyQ!), and then FINALLY tonight we were getting dressed to go to our childbirth class and I tied my own shoes!!! I haven't been able to do that in weeks because there's always been a baby bum firmly implanted in the right side of my rib cage preventing me from bending over.

Now it is still sort of uncomfortable, but at least it's a different uncomfortable. And it totally fits with my textbook pregnancy so far--baby dropping 2 weeks before EDD. So we'll see. But I have NO idea how I am supposed to concentrate, now I'm sooooooooooo excited!

I am not sure why they say wine, not beer, Kristen but if I were you I'd ask my MW. It's gonna be so warm this weekend here, a nice cold beer would be great if you're still (hopefully not, though) waiting!
#16 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 02:59 AM

Last pg I was drinking either beer or wine occasionally by this late. This pg, last time I checked, the smell of wine still makes me want to retch. I'm going by my body signals.

Had my 38 wk appt today. MW checked the cervix at a "soft" 1 cm. No surprise to me, dd wasn't born til 41+ and I suspect this one will be similar. I have so much to do yet, I don't feel in a hurry. yesterday dh and I both spent much of the day cleaning house, finally got some organizing and cleaning done in the nursery, but need to do so much more!
#17 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 AM

I was so hoping that today would be my day. Nothing yet. Nothing at all. Just a huge psycho nesting mama on the loose...look out! I swear, I'm in a crazy mood today. I did all the laundry, and then cooked a huge dinner, organized dd's and new babes clothes in the closet, then I cleaned the kitchen for the third time this week. Now my back hurts so bad and I'm in such a cranky mood. All I wanted to do was log on to MDC and see who went into labor without me today. So here I am, feeling pitiful and hoping to goddess I don't go 2 1/2 weeks overdue like I did with dd.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#18 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 PM

i've been sleeping less and less and feeling REALLY restless energy the past 2 nights at 11pm when i usually zonk out around 10. it is wierd. and i'm waking up at 5 or 6 when usually it takes the alarm several times to get me roused by 7:30.

i'm feeling more and more 'May' than june lately. i actually got some baby things out this morning to pack a bag for baby and am washing some comfy jammies for my own hospital bag. time to get organized i guess

my bummer is my netherparts. i managed to give myself a *really* painful 'roid 2 days ago. i think that is why i can't sleep....it is really so uncomfortable. all i can think about is going into labor with the rear end pain on top of the labor pain so i am just praying it will get better. i never had hemmhoroids (and i can't spell them) until i pushed out ds1. but they are plaguing me at the end of this pregnancy and i am so scared of getting really bad ones during pushing again this time sooo painful. they hurt far more than all the vaginal stitches i had. and they are not something you can really talk about in real life so i am venting my owies on the net to you other pregnant ladies that may commiserate :
#19 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

Patiently waiting. Loving the contractions but I wish it would get on with it already. I want to meet this baby! As long as I don't run, I'm good. Made the mistake of racing DS two days ago and boy was I sore after that! I sprouted one tiny stretch mark. I'm kind of happy about it.

Mmmm beer.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#20 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinangels04 View Post
I sprouted one tiny stretch mark. I'm kind of happy about it.
You are a sick sick woman....
When I finally get pics up I'll put one up of my stretch marks. DH says they are "cute". harumph! They look like a topographical map, elevation marks and rivers included.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#21 of 54 Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 PM

I had my last final today. I think I did well. But I also think I skipped a part on accident : .

No more school till January! Yay!
#22 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
You are a sick sick woman....
When I finally get pics up I'll put one up of my stretch marks. DH says they are "cute". harumph! They look like a topographical map, elevation marks and rivers included.
My dh says mine are cute too and that he loves them. What a nice guy. You can see a pic of mine here.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u.../bigbelly1.jpg

ALL from my first child......10 years ago. He was a big boy and I was only 17. Ruined my bod forever. But, I still love him.

nurse, mama, doula-in-training to J-14, J-13, S-7, S-4, and P-2(born at home)
#23 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 AM

my due date is the 5th. In a way I want to go into labour. I am so tired of these fake labours that last until the wee morning hrs then uruptly stop! I also feel like my legs are a wishbone and being pulled apart.

My legs haven't been giving my trouble but I can't eat anything too spicy or I am feeling it all night.

I think I have lost some weight...and I am starting to lose my plug. I had contractions last night from 5:00pm until 4 the next morning..about 15 minutes apart. They kept me awake...I am so tired.

I do have things to get done...but I am "done" so to speak.
I am 39weeks and and 5 days.

I fell bad for my two little ones they want me to romp with them and I just can't move that way anymore.

this baby is so active I am anxious to meet him/her.

This will also be my first HB I am excited and hope all goes well!
#24 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Didn't have a full moon baby, but hopefully all the contractions were doing some good.

I started taking EPO the "other way" last night. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I am hoping it'll help!

DH will be rubbing my ankles later on, try to get some labor pressure points!

LABOR VIBES to all who want/need them!

#25 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 AM

Hmmm....Labor wise I'm not really feeling anything. No BH's but I've heard they are less with each PG and this is my fifth. I can't sleep very well and the heartburn is a killer. I'm so crabby too. I'd like her to be here soon! I know I wont lose my plug or have my waterbreak it'll just be boom...labor!

Pam
#26 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
i never had hemmhoroids (and i can't spell them) until i pushed out ds1. but they are plaguing me at the end of this pregnancy and i am so scared of getting really bad ones during pushing again this time
Is this any consolation? I was afraid of hemorrhoids last pg, then had an unplanned cesarian and bypassed the whole region. No hemorrhoids, just 6 mos of abdominal pain. This time I think, episiotomy, roids, whatever, bring it on, I just want to vbac.
#27 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats to Mamas finishing school and completeing tests- inspiring inspiring!!

Little update from me:
I have (as I intuited) had several days of smooth, building practice labor. My house is so clean, I'd feel comfortable eating off the floors.

I have just been drinking my fill of RRL infusion, massaging with EPO, resting as much as I can (sleep is pretty sporatic), and letting it all flow. The full moon definately had an effect. And we continue today... somehow, I don't mind this endless preparation.. I feel like I am packing my bags for a long trip or something?? Hmmm.. I can feel people's anticipation on the sidelines however, with yesterday being my EDD, and this bothers me- I really feel the need to buffer myself from people- not anyone's fault, I just want to do my thing w/o all the narration and w/o family's expectations.
I feel I could give birth at any moment~ the rains bring in a fresh energy, all nature feels like she is birthing... wet, abundant, flowing.

Grace Comes.

#28 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 AM

Well said Baraka! My son, our first, was born about 4 days after my EDA and I was feeling great and havig lots of contractions and getting ready for about 5-6 days before hand but the external narrative was something I really could have done without!

Soon enough you will be having a beautiful home birth and your new little person to hold

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#29 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richella View Post
Is this any consolation? I was afraid of hemorrhoids last pg, then had an unplanned cesarian and bypassed the whole region. No hemorrhoids, just 6 mos of abdominal pain. This time I think, episiotomy, roids, whatever, bring it on, I just want to vbac.
true true. i keep hoping it would be possible to birth without getting them so severely again but i know my chances are slim. i hope you get your vbac without roids or episiotomy! the roids don't happen to everyone
#30 of 54 Old 05-04-2007, 06:18 PM

gah, i had a big long post typed here this am and lost it :

i think i am just gonna be in labor for a month--GRR i'm so impatient already!! my due date's may 9th, but i have had so many false alarms already it's just not even funny anymore. how long can a woman stay stuck at 4 cm anyway?!?

/rant. thanks for listening

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page