Definitely lost my plug this morning! Maybe TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG! So I got out of bed at 10:30 today and went to the bathroom and did one of those notorious TP checks and wouldn't you know, there was my plug! I don't know what it could possibly be but my plug. It was grayish green and streaked with a little blood. Gosh, I hope this isn't just a tease. My due date is on Mother's day, and surely my little person won't keep me in suspense much longer I hope.

I am trying not to get too excited because I know that labor could still be a little ways off, but I didn't lose mine like this with my first. How cool!

So I am going to work in a couple hours, and I hope labor does start. What a great way to get out of work.
#2 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Oh yay! I hope this is the start of something fun!!
#3 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 PM

Any news???

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#4 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mmm, nothing to speak of. I was thinking about it, and if the last time around I think I did lose my plug with my daughter. I remember I had some pinkish discharge in the evening and didn't really think of anything of it, then the following morning I had some more and I woke up with contractions. I didn't have a lot of mucous at all, and I don't think I recognized it for what it was.

This time around was a whole lot of mucousy stuff, and I just got home from work, and there was a little more. I have been feeling kinda menstrual crampy too, nothing special in the way of contractions though. Last night I felt like the kid was having an all-out assault on my cervix too, those electric shock feelings in my cervix were enough to make gasp every time. I am having them now too as I am typing.

Who knows? I so would like this to be an indicator that things will get going soon, but I know not to get too excited. Now, if only I didn't feel like needles were jabbing into my cervix, I could take my mind off it:
#5 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 AM

I'm getting a lot of the electric shock and needles jabbing the cervix, too. Ugh, talk about painful! I hope this is it for you mama and that your little one is in your arms soon!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#6 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 08:42 AM

how was your night? any changes?

stephanie asl.gif

#7 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Same thing, different day . I think my child is a tease. I noticed too that when my cervix is killing me like that the BH are a lot stronger and more consistent. Sometimes the pain will go away when I change positions, sometimes not. Just a little mucousy stuff this morning.

I am kinda worried about him coming a little earlier than planned because I really don't feel as though I am very focused on my hypnobirthing as I would like to be. I have had a really hard time trying to do it consistently every day and am worried that it won't be very effective.

Can you sleep during a hypnobirthing CD and have it be effective? Sometimes the only time I get to listen to them is just before I go to bed, and I doze off.
#8 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 02:22 PM

i have had that problem with hypnobirthing, but my doula has assured me that some is still getting in even if i am asleep. i also mentioned to her recently that i am finding the cds really hard to relate to (the whole body parts "vibrating" to different colors really doesn't do it for me. i am really, at this point, just trying to be consistent with making myself relax in different settings and situations through deep breathing techniques. i think that will help me greatly during labor. i also really like listening to the affirmations.
#9 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Well that is good to know. I have no problem relaxing and going "under" when I am doing it, it is just a matter of finding the time to do it. Which unfortunately is right before bedtime. So if sleeping during the exercises is still helpful, that's great.

I think this week instead of trying to get all these last minute things done, I am going to try to just chill out and focus on me. To hell with the housework, because really, its not going to ever be truly done. I am going to do as much of my Hypbirth home study as possible, lots of yoga, and get plenty of fresh air. I think I am going to call out of work next week and tell them I'll see them in July. I understand the drive to nest completely, but I think its taking away from my main focus, which is to make this birth different from my last.

I have to remind myself that this will not last forever.

Mamas, let's just BREATHE!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page