super intense contrax for hours, then, nothing! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone experienced this?

last night i had big ol' contrax, one or two an hour....sometimes they seemed to last for 10 or 15 minutes before going away. so painful i had to stop moving/walking and just breathe through them. i was excited and not too nervous...which was cool.

today it's like it never even happened.

a few hours before this all began my doc said i am not dilated and only 30% effaced. ((stuff that could have brought them on: i had my first internal exam, drank RRL tea and walked alot. also: full moon and huge storms.))

it it normal? is it just the body getting ready? is it dilation that's going on?

thanks.

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 03:50 PM

well...one thing is for sure that something is going on! lots can happen even before dilation occurs like Baby coming down farther & your cervix thinning out. hang in there!

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I had this same thing happen on Wednesday - contractions every couple minutes, very intense, lots of cervical pressure, etc. And then all of a sudden around 6:30 pm it just STOPPED. I am so frustrated! I'm also almost a week overdue now though so that certainly didn't help.
#4 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 PM

I've had timeable contractions for hours at a time since 36 weeks, its just how my body works.I'm online because I can't do anything else. The nice thing about it is that once my bag of water breaks I am ready to push and my active labor is short.The crumby thing is that I get tired of wondering if this is it and am very not to throw the nearest object at the person who asks me how far apart they are.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#5 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

"The nice thing about it is that once my bag of water breaks I am ready to push and my active labor is short"

OMG I WOULD LOVE if this were the case. come on contrax.....come on!!!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#6 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 08:48 PM

I was having contractions all yesterday and the night before. Then last night they went away, and I've only had very few today! Must have been the full moon and storms for me too. But he wasn't ready to come out yet!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#7 of 9 Old 05-03-2007, 09:06 PM

Mine started around the same time as Lizzy's, I think, during that full moon two nights ago; but they don't seem to go away, they're just incredibly irregular. Was still having them just now making dinner/eating/doing dishes. How long can this go on for?!?!
#8 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My first pg I had contractions when I went to bed every night for 3 nights. The would get pretty strong but not more than every 15 mins or so, then taper off as I fell asleep. The 3rd night my water broke shortly after I fell asleep.
#9 of 9 Old 05-04-2007, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

richella, someone on another board told me the exact same thing, 3 nights of contrax, then water breaking!! freaky!!

all day yesterday i was fine, then, literally, as the sun went down, BOOM contrax started again!?

why!?

it's all so fascinating.........and strange!

deb

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page