TMI Vomitting Stomach Acid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is horrid. I just spent an hour slowly vomitting up a bunch of stomach acid, which is a wholly unpleasant experience. I have no idea why this happened - I just got a sort of heart burn feeling and then all of a suddent it was way beyond mild heartburn and I was in bed with a bowl and dh was toweling off my head. Yuck.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#2 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM

I was just reading about something like this last week - maybe on the April DDC??? There were a bunch of other mamas who talked about suddenly vomiting without any nausea. I think they attributed it to baby kicking or pushing in just the right (wrong?) place.

I hope that's the one and only time it happens to you

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#3 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM

oh yes - i was much familiar with this when pregnant with ds - i actually woke a few times in the middle of the night in the process of vomiting. it really really sucked. i have had it a couple times with this pregnancy, but thankfully it went away early in the third trimester. vomiting acid is really awful - i am so sorry you are going through this. i don't have a lot of advice - i couldn't figure out how to get rid of it when i had it.
#4 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

It was so weird. I had eaten some and I did not vomit any of the food, just a pile of clear acid. Really awful on my throat and now I am afraid to eat anything for fear it might cause it again! What I ate was not acidic (zuchinni and pinto beans, not spicey or anything) so now I am not sure what I can safely eat without that gross experience again!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#5 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

oh mama!

go for crackers, oatmeal, cereal...beans and veggies are good for you but thats a lot of fiber to digest.......feel better

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#6 of 6 Old 05-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Hope you've been able to eat again by now with no ill effects...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page