Can bloody show come & go? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 40w1d this morning. Lost the first bit of my mucuous plug Tuesday morning, a bit Wed. night, and more last night. This morning I woke up to reddish discharge, a small (tip of pinky size) clot. Can't tell yet if it's getting lighter or not.........last time I was in the TP was pink from wiping.

No contractions yet other than just the typical BH that I get off and on. I'm of course wondering if this is the start of something for today, or if it will taper off and I'll still be waiting after the weekend! The planner in me really wishes that I knew so that if necessary I can get DH home with the car & arrange care for DD.

Anyone know if bloody show can come and go over several days, or if this probably means labor is on its way sooner rather than later?
#2 of 5 Old 05-04-2007, 10:59 AM

i am guessing it can come and go. i am 40 wks 2 days today, had my membranes stripped on wednesday and then yesterday lost a little bit of my mucous plug and it was bloody - nothing since outside of a little brown blood. hopefully we will both have some more definitive answers soon...
#3 of 5 Old 05-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Yes, it can come and go.

But it's a sign toward the baby!
#4 of 5 Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM

Mine has. Last Wednesday I had a lot of it, less Thurs, none Friday and through the weekend. Then Monday it started again. Tuesday nada, then a little everyday since Wed. I think it's normal.
#5 of 5 Old 05-04-2007, 01:00 PM

For me once, I had bloody show it meant baby was coming that night.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page