Anyone else EXHAUSTED and pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2007, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm close to 37 weeks now, and I get out of breath so incredibly easily. It seems like I'm always panting these days. At the grocery store today, I felt like I was going to fall down while I was waiting to pay I was so tired! Anyone else in the same boat? And on a side note, what do you all think of the names "Heidi" and "Natasha"? Which name do you like better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2007, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I felt that way a few weeks ago. I started taking a liquid iron supplememnt and now I feel worlds better. are you eating enough iron rich foods?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 05-06-2007, 04:53 PM

a few times a day out of nowhere my whole body sort of "shuts down" and i want to fall asleep in place. not faint, really, but like all of my muscles go slack!?

and.........natasha!

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe I am on the anemic side. I normally don't eat that much meat, but I've been trying to up my intake for the extra iron. It seems so late to go in for the blood test now. By the time I got the results backs, there'd only be two weeks left of pregnancy (and from what I understand, the baby's not affected by the lower iron; just me!).

And to Tofutti, thanks for the name vote!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:06 PM

katherine - go get your iron taken!

my ob said it can be very bad to go in labor w/low iron, even dangerous since there is some blood loss. they were very concerned about it when mine was so low.

(floravital liquid....caps...lots of meat.....vitamin c)

2 weeks is not too late i just had mine checked 4 days ago!

deb

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
Old 05-06-2007, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Ok! Thanks for the advice! I certainly wouldn't want a difficult labor; my last one was 22 hours! I'm looking forward to a short one this time!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofelise View Post
Maybe I am on the anemic side. I normally don't eat that much meat, but I've been trying to up my intake for the extra iron. It seems so late to go in for the blood test now. By the time I got the results backs, there'd only be two weeks left of pregnancy (and from what I understand, the baby's not affected by the lower iron; just me!).

And to Tofutti, thanks for the name vote!
from what my midwife had said low iron can result in post partum hemorage. I bled way too much with my last so Im worried about my iron this time. I dont know how low it wold have to be for that to be an issue. maybe just talk to your dr?

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 05-06-2007, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

For my first pregnancy, I wasn't anemic when the doctor's office gave me the test (they did it right in the office; with the midwife, I have to go to the lab, which has made it easy for me to be lazy about it). But even though I passed that test, I got just as tired at the very end of my pregnancy. I wasn't as continually out of breath, but I didn't have a toddler...I could just lie around when I felt tred. I *did* bleed a lot after my labor, though! They had to do the whole "mashing" thing in the hospital because they were worried about hemoraging. I just never knew that could have been caused by low iron (noone said anything; I guess because it was over at that point).
Old 05-06-2007, 08:36 PM

I'm also exhausted - and I just had my blood work done and they said all is well in terms of iron. I'm feeling ready to fall down a few days a week... especially if I overdo it in terms of trying to get stuff done. So, I'm trying to listen to my body more. It's hard, though, when I'm not sleeping all that well through the night.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM

My last pregnancy I was anemic but no one mentioned it to me until my 39th week appointment: ! Great job, OB. Anyway, I have been feeling this way too, so I am trying to up my iron-rich foods just in case. I feel like crap lately, like my legs just want to stop working sometimes.

User Tag List