people - a watched pot never boils!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i understand that you are curious how i am feeling and if i am having contractions. several of you, dear family, are calling me everyday to check in, to see how i am feeling, to find out if i have had any contractions. i appreciate your concern. i know i am overdue and i know that i can "go ahead and have a baby now". really - trust me - i can't think of anything else. there is a reason i have quit taking all of your calls the moment you call me. i am starting to feel like a ticking time bomb. but, just because i haven't answered your call, it doesn't mean we have snuck away to the hospital to have the baby. i have assured you all numerous times that i won't do that - you will just have to trust me. calling back and leaving more messages won't change that. it would be best for all of us if you will just let me live through the end of this pregnancy in peace. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyOne View Post
i understand that you are curious how i am feeling and if i am having contractions. several of you, dear family, are calling me everyday to check in, to see how i am feeling, to find out if i have had any contractions. i appreciate your concern. i know i am overdue and i know that i can "go ahead and have a baby now". really - trust me - i can't think of anything else. there is a reason i have quit taking all of your calls the moment you call me. i am starting to feel like a ticking time bomb. but, just because i haven't answered your call, it doesn't mean we have snuck away to the hospital to have the baby. i have assured you all numerous times that i won't do that - you will just have to trust me. calling back and leaving more messages won't change that. it would be best for all of us if you will just let me live through the end of this pregnancy in peace. thank you.
:

This has been going on for over a week now for me too! I couldn't have said it better myself!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#3 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 04:42 PM

wait.......that should be the outgoing message on your answering machine

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....
#4 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 04:44 PM

You need to record that on your answering machine I'm getting calls too, and I'm just shy of 39wks. I love the, "So how are you feeling?" questions. I actually prefer that to the comments I got coming into work today..."Holy cow, are you *still* pregnant!?!" Yes, I am STILL pregnant. Back off.
#5 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti View Post
wait.......that should be the outgoing message on your answering machine
lol, I took too long typing out my response! Great minds think alike
#6 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 PM

#7 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM

TOTALLY!

I've even told my dh to back off on the "any contractions?" every single time he talks to me on the phone. I WILL tell you!!!!
#8 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 PM

I have been having calls since April. I'm due at the end of this month.
#9 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 06:50 PM

I recently cut communication with nearly everyone.

I don't reply to emails, hardly check 'em. There's one account I still use (midwives, dh and such)

My cell phone is off and the outgoing msg is something like, "hi i'm still pregnant! I'm either doing this or this or this or this or this, pretty much anything BUT having a baby, blah blah blah". I don't check those messages either.

People still don't get it.

I did however just receive an email asking me if I know how much it sucks that they (friends back home, states away) don't know whether or not I've had the baby. Gee...that sucks for you?? I'm the one who is 43 weeks, yes that's right, forty THREE weeks pregnant and that sucks for you? Let me get out my teeny tiny violin. I can't go out in public anymore and I worry about my baby, yet want nature to take it's course and that sucks for you??!!

Sorry to hijack, I just needed to vent. This just happened.
#10 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 07:17 PM

You are right on.. I'm going to change our voicemail so maybe people would leave me alone.. lol

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#11 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 07:21 PM

yeah, you said it!!
#12 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
I love the, "So how are you feeling?" questions.
i just had to say - last night's was a gem.

my mom: "so how are you feeling"

me: "as well as can be expected"

mom: "why?"

me: huh? :
#13 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Oh I am SOOO with you on that. I have turned off my cell phone. I occasionally answer my home phone but I screen most calls. I have one friend in particular who drives me friggin nuts. She calls me every *(@#&* day and says "Anything? Nothing? Anything happening? Nothing huh?"
And if I dont answer, its "OK where are you? Are you having the baby?"

Like A) Yes this is my third pregnancy and since it is, I have had contractions since I was 14 weeks.
B)When I DO go into labor, I can assure you I will NOT be calling you to tell you. I will call AFTER the baby is born.
C)If I WAS in labor, I WOULDNT BE ANSWERING THE FRIGGIN PHONE SO DONT ASK ME IF I AM IN LABOR.
D)Just because I dont answer doesnt mean I am in labor!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I am 41w 3d and getting pissy. She has been doing this for 3 weeks.
#14 of 16 Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM

I'm not even due for another 5 days and ditto, ditto, ditto!!! LOL! I am saving the OP's message and I'm going to put it as my outgoing message on Wednesday I think--the calls are already ridiculous, and it's not even past my due date yet!!:
#15 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyOne View Post

Hallelujah!!!

I swear, I get about 15 phone calls a day all asking the same questions: "How are you feeling?" "Any more contractions?" "No baby yet?"

Um, if there is anything to report, you all can rest assured that SOMEONE WILL FREAKING CALL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez o'pete.

Oh! And I've started answering the phone by saying "Is it time yet?" instead of "Hello" whenever my husband, my former mother-in-law or my mother calls me.
#16 of 16 Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 AM

Ahhh, it's nice to be loved, yes?

I kind of wish people would REMEMBER that I am so pregnant, before they are like, "Let's go to a concert on Mat 21st! Let's all go to dinner tomorrow night! Let's play mini golf!" And I'm just desperate for a way to sit DOWN already and NOT do any of these things.

Then they ask me, "So how are you feeling?" WHAAAA how do I LOOK like I am feeling? I'm feeling kinda like I'm 9 months pregnant! I can't walk very well! I can't catch my son as he runs past me!

geez.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page